Questions about eGos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sequor_Me

May 13, 2012
TX
I was hoping someone could explain the difference between the eGo models to me. I see a C model and a T model, and if I'm not mistaken, there is at least one more?

I've searched and read a few threads on them, but I'm not hip with the cool kid lingo used just yet. This is where the next question comes in.

If I don't want to buy a "starter kit," what individual pieces for an eGo would I need to buy? And just what is a cone used for? is it for looks or functional?

Where is the best place to purchase an eGo - the best mix of good prices and good service?

Thanks to those willing to edumacate a newb!

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
When you compare the ego to the same physical size Kgo or E-Power, I would suggest you expand your searching. The eGo is only 3.4 volts with a standard 650 mAh battery. The Kgo and E-Power are both 3.7 volts with 1000+ mAh batteries. (bigger numbers are better). So you will get warmer vapor and longer battery run times with the Kgo and E-Power. Plus the E-Power batteries cost $4 to replace whereas the eGo's cost $15 - $20 to replace.

Good Luck with your search, however.

YoureFired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
The Berserkshires, MA
I think it's best to get the starter kit, as it includes the charger and other items that may be specific to your particular choice of eGo. My eGo W models came with clearomizers, which are a combination atomizer/cartomizer. I think it's the only type of eGo that doesn't use an atomizer separately, but I may be mistaken about that.

bhami007

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
Texas, USA
The T model has a small tank and the atomizer is built into the cone.

The C model is the next version that has a small tank but the atomizer can be replaced. The cone unscrews and the atomizer can be changed out (cheaper than replacing the entire cone on the T model). This model the cone is two pieces and holds the atomizer.

There was a model before these two that used a standard 510 atomizer and the cone was seperate (mostly for looks).

Not sure if there has been a newer model released since the C though.

For the eGo C you would only need the battery, charger, cone, atomizer & the tank/tip.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
I second WV2Win's post. The eGo-* are based on a style of battery that's available under other labels that provide more power and cost less money. To differentiate themselves in the market, they (eGo) hung these tank "systems" on them with their proprietary "tanks" and atomizers and whatnot. Truth be told, a significant number of people who get the eGo-* end up taking all that stuff off and using regular clearomizers and cartomizers and other less fiddly and leaky devices to produce vapor.

The cones are mostly cosmetic, although they tend to make the draw a little less "airy", and they might make the vapor stay a tiny bit warmer on it's way to your mouth. Mostly though, they're for looks. That doesn't apply to some eGo models where the cone is the way to make you buy more of their hardware because the atomizer is built into it.

I would suggest getting a 3.7V, 1100mah kGo or an e-Power. You can use the clearomizers and cartomizers that are designed to fit on the egos, like the Stardust and dual coil mega cartomizers. You can also use all the attachments that fit any other 510 type battery. With the money you save, you can get a nice selection of cartomizers and clearomizers to go with the kGo or e-Power.

You can get a complete kGo or e-Power kit, including batteries, charger and cartomizers, for about $50. Use the extra money for spare cartos and atty's or juice or something and save yourself some headaches.

CrystalClearVaping.com and Hoosierecigsupply.com are good vendors for any of the eGo/kGo/e-Power models.

Last edited:

YoureFired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
The Berserkshires, MA
Yeah, I've been using a Submarine tank from Mom and Pops on my eGo W last couple of days. It's so much better than the clearomizers. No more topping off/ refilling multiple times per day and dealing with the leaky drippy mess. Plus the Submarine just looks awesome and came with a cartomizer and drip tip. No more clearos for me.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Yeah, I've been using a Submarine tank from Mom and Pops on my eGo W last couple of days. It's so much better than the clearomizers. No more topping off/ refilling multiple times per day and dealing with the leaky drippy mess. Plus the Submarine just looks awesome and came with a cartomizer and drip tip. No more clearos for me.

That's funny. I gave up on tanks with their drippy, polyester filled cartos, that you have to re-punch or dremel, and have switched to clearomizers. Of course, Im using Fluxomizers, which never ever leak and hold almost 2mls. I switch flavors several times a day, so I dont need something that holds a whole days worth of juice. If you want to try Clearos again, I can't recommend them enough. They aren't 2011's clearomizers and they certainly aren't those PITA eGo "tanks".

YoureFired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
The Berserkshires, MA
That's funny. I gave up on tanks with their drippy, polyester filled cartos, that you have to re-punch or dremel, and have switched to clearomizers. Of course, Im using Fluxomizers, which never ever leak and hold almost 2mls. I switch flavors several times a day, so I dont need something that holds a whole days worth of juice. If you want to try Clearos again, I can't recommend them enough. They aren't 2011's clearomizers and they certainly aren't those PITA eGo "tanks".

I don't know much about fluxomizers.. but I'm sure I'll look into it soon enough. It's pretty fun shopping online for all these little toys. I already have a Vision clearomizer on order to try soon, but I'm really diggin' this big honkin' Submarine tank of juice, even though I'm only going through about half a tank of juice per day. LOL

Hman2012

Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
bloomington MN
Ideally, I'll have a different tank on each of my four eGo batteries, each with a different flavor. I have an eGo Twist 1000mah VV battery on the way as well.

Enjoy your twist man, just got two and a pass through and I'm diggin it, though compared to my old setup im frying atomizers every few days while I get the hang of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread