Status
Not open for further replies.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
A 1ohm coil is safer than a .5ohm coil. Subtank coils are available from the factory a 1.2ohm, so nothing special about you at 1ohm. Ohms not jumping is a sign you got the wires trapped OK. You like the result? It's Good.

.5 ohm coils are not unsafe if you are using the proper rated batteries and or regulation along with with proper rated batteries. So when used with the proper equipment a .5 ohm coil is no less or more safe than a 1.0 ohm coil.

Fussellini70713

Mar 28, 2015
Napa, CA
Well since I am new I'm gunna keep to my builds over 1ohm. I was just thinkingto save the factory coils(.5 &1.2)that come with it since I have a huge package of cotton coming and 100' of 28g kanthal.been.practicing wrapping coils these last few days in preparation of doing all this.I plugged the RBA onto my istick n it ran .5 with the coil in It(no cotton as I figured I wudnt use it so I didn't prep) then found a coil I made yesterday n undid screws in rba n plugged mine in...1ohm 4.4v 20w,primed it did a dry hit n no burn smell,put rba on subtank mini nd on istick nd it was fine for me hit wise(clouds r cool but if lower v&w works fine n saves battery then I'm with tht)no leaks no hissing,nothing I thought I might hear small sounds of putting my own coil for first time..hit great.I actually just came back from e-cig shop few blocks away n it hadn't opened yet so I'm home n wondering if since I didn't blow up if using tht setup on rba is okay for now?

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Well since I am new I'm gunna keep to my builds over 1ohm. I was just thinkingto save the factory coils(.5 &1.2)that come with it since I have a huge package of cotton coming and 100' of 28g kanthal.been.practicing wrapping coils these last few days in preparation of doing all this.I plugged the RBA onto my istick n it ran .5 with the coil in It(no cotton as I figured I wudnt use it so I didn't prep) then found a coil I made yesterday n undid screws in rba n plugged mine in...1ohm 4.4v 20w,primed it did a dry hit n no burn smell,put rba on subtank mini nd on istick nd it was fine for me hit wise(clouds r cool but if lower v&w works fine n saves battery then I'm with tht)no leaks no hissing,nothing I thought I might hear small sounds of putting my own coil for first time..hit great.I actually just came back from e-cig shop few blocks away n it hadn't opened yet so I'm home n wondering if since I didn't blow up if using tht setup on rba is okay for now?

dont get me wrong Im not at all saying you should build anything other than what you did. If it meters out ok and works ok Im sure its fine. I just dont like disinformation. 93gc40s post implies .5ohm coils are less safe than 1.0 ohm coils if I under stand the post right and that is simply not true.
If you are uesing a regulated mod you have another layer of protection as most wont fire a atty with a dead short. Rebuilding factory coils is common and a good way to save some cash Im sure the materials you use are probably better quality also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread