RBA's and the ZMAX V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuhrayoh

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
SC, USA
I've been looking around for my first rba and I did a little research here on ECF to figure out which one I wanted to buy. Well it never occurred to me that my rba might not even fit/work on my mod. I have a flat top sigelei zmax v3 and I was in between getting an AGA T2, an AGI, or an RSST. Will any of these not fit/work on my mod?

vapo jam

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2013
county of orange, ca
well, i guess it depends...

if you're going to use a ss mesh wick, you have to make sure you oxidize it very well (or at least the part the coil will touch). i believe most people try to do this anyways, so not really a huge difference, but with a mech it is possible to pulse oxidize the wick and coil (this is generally what i do).

you also have to ensure that your coil is at or above something like 1.5 ohms. again, there are a lot of people who will wrap their coils around 1.5 regardless of what they're using it on, but you don't have the option of going lower on a regulated mod.

all that being said, you can still get great performance out of a regulated mod and an rba. i started with an aga-t2 on a vamo (the aga-t2 is still a pita for me to set up...), and once i got it working properly, the flavor blew my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread