RDA RDA for Eleaf istick 30W, Veritas or Magma

Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyJo

Verified Member
Jan 18, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Hi!

I have never used a dripper and want to give it a try.
I am more into flavor than cloud.

According to my research, both the Veritas or the Magma will give great flavor in lower wattage with a single coil build (which I prefer).
But I cannot decide which one I should get.

Since I don't have much money at this moment, I am going to buy a clone (sorry to the authentic).

Can you give me some recommendation on which one will be a better choice (may be easier to build, wick) and which clone will be a better option?

Also, the information I have found was a little outdated, so if there is any better option, please let me know.

Thanks.

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
Have 2 Magma's in the house, I run mine around 1-1.1ohm with the second to largest airhole in single coil.
My husband likes a 1-1.1ohm single coil with both largest airholes open.

Magmas are dead simple to build and give great flavor and have multiple airflow configs.....i love mine.
Good luck finding what works best for you..... Next thing you know you'll have a whole collection... I am still adding to mine!
:toast:

Ren76

Sep 17, 2014
Manitoba
I'mI have an infinite magma clone, was my first rda, easy to learn how to build on imo, it's a good one to start with.
I have heard good things about the veritas as well but have zero experience with it.
Pretty soon you will be upgrading the istick lol.
I have an istick and got the magma, then a mech, then another mech and now a sigelei 100+ along with 2 other rda's and an rta lol.
Enjoy and read/watch about building coils, battery safety and ohms law.

KennyJo

Verified Member
Jan 18, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Thanks for the replies.

It seems like the Magma is still one of the best flavor chasing RDA available, but I have heard people saying that the Magma may leak (while the Veritas is "leak proof").

I know the infinite clone is a very good choice for a Magma clone.
However, I believe the clone my local store carried is from Tobeco (I believe all the clone there are from Tobeco)
Since the pricing there is very reasonable (just a few dollars more than the internet price), I do want to support my local store instead of buying from the internet.
If I go for the Magma, will a Tobeco clone be a bad choice?
Are there any issues I need to check if I get a Tobeco clone?

For some reason, I do not feel comfortable vaping over 50W.
Right now, despite owning a Subtank Mini, I have never gone beyond 25W.
I am not sure if this would change in the future, but at least I am sure I am looking for something that can give me great flavor in lower wattage.

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
Please don't buy a Tobeco clone. They're awful.

I really love the veritas. It's so leakproof (especially if you cover the airflow) that I pocket it as a daily carry. You can score an EHPro Veritas clone for $18 on Ebay. Downside to the Veritas is that it's a bit tricky to build on at first, but a single coil for flavor is relatively easy.

I don't think the Magma's a bad choice, but I can guarantee you that the Tobeco magma is a bad choice. All of my tobeco clones have worked great at first and then in 3 to 4 months, they've crapped out on me--rusted, stripped, came apart (etc.)

KennyJo

Verified Member
Jan 18, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Sorry for the late reply, I have been busy for the last few days.

Thanks everyone for the input.
I will get the Veritas clone, which is probably a Tobeco clone, from my local store.

If I find out I like dripping, I will get a better clone (by Infinite or Ehpro), or may be the Authentic Freakshow.

Although I have made a decision for my first RDA, please feel free to give me more suggestion on what RDA may fit me.
Thanks!!

Brandon David

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You'll like the veritas after getting the knack of building it and dialing in the resistance you want for your ideal vape. Good choice and an almost leak proof dripper.

One big plus, is when you get the building down pat, you'll be able to build almost any other rda as it isn't the most difficult to build, but it is one of the more awkward to build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread