RDA RDA Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZackM

Feb 23, 2015
New Jersey
Hey guys, I'm looking to purchase a new rda and replace this CLT v2 i've had for a while. Any suggestions on what to get?
My max price is 50$ and I want an rda that can give really good flavor, but have really good airflow to chuck the clouds if I want it to.
So far I've been looking the Kennedy v3 Clone, royal hunter clone or authentic, tugboat v2 clone, mutation xs or v4, velocity clone, and to push it the aeolus v2 rda.
Any suggestions out of those, or ones that you prefer over these? I heard the derringer is also good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clark Kent

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Recently I got an SV clone from Fasttech. (the center post has a thumb screw and it comes with two barrels). At first I set it aside until I discovered it could take a horizontal build. What I built on it, two days ago was the highest ohm temp control build so far, 28 guage, titanium, 1.2 ohm (about 16 wraps, 3 mm dia). What I'm getting is the best flavor and vapor quality I've experienced so far. I'm not sure whether to give credit to the rda or the build. May be it's some of both.

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
I just got the Royal Hunter yesterday, so I can only comment on that one.
With a quick 2.5mm 24ga duals @ .35ish ohms, I was surprised how well it hit. Vapor was great, but the amount of flavor was a pleasant surprise. The AFC is actually really nice and simple. My favorite atty right now is the Vector, and the Hunter isn't far behind(for a side-air atty:D)!

Reactions: ThePulver

ZackM

Feb 23, 2015
New Jersey
I just got the Royal Hunter yesterday, so I can only comment on that one.
With a quick 2.5mm 24ga duals @ .35ish ohms, I was surprised how well it hit. Vapor was great, but the amount of flavor was a pleasant surprise. The AFC is actually really nice and simple. My favorite atty right now is the Vector, and the Hunter isn't far behind(for a side-air atty:D)!
They released the RH mini not too long ago. I honestly might go with that since the RH had good reviews and the mini is a step up.

cigzag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
Northern Indiana
Ok, I'll mention one of them... heh. I picked up a Tobeco 13 Heavens and 9 Hells RDA 1:1 today. It came with 3 different tips in different diameters. I'd say they hit it right because the smaller tip is moderate and flavorful while the medium starts to really chuck the clouds and the largest tip is ridiculous! LOL.

So far no leaks although you do have to loosen the top cap to adjust air flow. Plenty of air flow options or at least enough for me anyways. I'm using the smallest tip and about 7/8 open air flow and am enjoying some wonderful flavor.

It has square posts with 4 holes for many coils options. I started out easy and am running some twisted 26G Kanthal, 6 wrap dual coil setup at 0.28 ohms at 50 watts and it's a nice warm vape.

Only negative but it's totally subjective is it has flat head screws in the posts but since I have a screwdriver that fits perfectly it shouldn't become a hindrance.

I almost pulled the trigger on a authentic but I'll see how this goes which at this point it's looking awfully good!

Maybe I'm liking this so much because it's built with Bacon Cotton! Can't go wrong with anything that includes Bacon! :thumbs:

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
I am not real happy with my MutationXs Or Mutation4, My Mutation 2 @ 3 get more use, the orings on the Mutation s are poor, and both leak even if I am carfull of my dripping. I don't have a Velocity Yet but they seem to get a ton of love, Don't know if famous reviewers had anything to do with it. I Still Love my Derringers, also looking into the lowpro and Stumpy soon. also somthing simple that works well is the Sapor for a cheap authentic. Good luck with whatever you go with though, the hunt for the Ultimate RDA is never ending.

Reactions: gpjoe

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I would not recommend the Mutation X V4. Mine is a leaking machine. My V3 is much better - not as sexy looking as the V4 but a solid performer with NO leaks. I expect the someone will come along and say that if built and used "properly" that the V4 doesn't leak. That may be true, and if so, I must be lazy 'cause I just don't want to work that hard. None of my other tanks/attys leak like the MXV4.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
Check out the new Lush by Wotofo. It's authentic and can be had for $30. It's got flavor and clouds. I like it better than my Mutation X4 and Alliance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I second the Wotofo Lush. I received it today. Holding up nicely on a .12 Nichrome dual build. Chucking some serious clouds with it on my Bigfoot. Flavor is better than I expected too. This atty is beefy too. Highly recommended for cloud chasers. :)

Reactions: MarkCM

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I am not real happy with my MutationXs Or Mutation4, My Mutation 2 @ 3 get more use, the orings on the Mutation s are poor, and both leak even if I am carfull of my dripping. I don't have a Velocity Yet but they seem to get a ton of love, Don't know if famous reviewers had anything to do with it. I Still Love my Derringers, also looking into the lowpro and Stumpy soon. also somthing simple that works well is the Sapor for a cheap authentic. Good luck with whatever you go with though, the hunt for the Ultimate RDA is never ending.
I'm right there with you,i really like my Derringers,and they were my go to rda's up until last week.I got a stumpy,and i am getting better flavor and bigger clouds with the same build i use in my derringers,so i ended up ordering another stumpy.The lowpro is a major pia to build on haha,i tried putting coils in it yesterday and was ready to throw it against the wall,so i set it aside for the time.I went back and finished it up today,it vapes pretty good,but because of the horrible time building on it,and the fact that it only has the huge wide bore tip,i doubt mine will get much use.I fell into all the rave reviews on the Velocity as well,and i may be in the minority,but i just don't see it.Yes it is very easy to build on,and has crazy amounts of airflow options,but i just can't get good flavor from it.I think i am just too used to the small form rda's though and the flavor i get from them,so the bigger ones just seem too muted to me.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Thanks I think I might take a pass on the Lowpro, your not the first one I heard that Claims buiding is a pita.
It may not be too bad if you use really low gauge wire.I tried the first build with 28 gauge and the lowpro just laughed at me while it spit it back out haha,it wouldn't grab that at all,then i tried 24 gauge and same thing,it just barely grabbed,but was still loose.To get a secure connection,i had to take the 24 gauge and make twisted legs to get it thick enough to hold.I would say 20 or maybe even 22 gauge would work better,but 24 is the thickest i have.
I am going to check the hardware store and find the smallest washers i can get,and then grind them down to fit into the screw slots to hopefully grab the wire better.I really don't like using the low gauge wire,so i want to try and get it to grab the 28 gauge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread