• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cephas

Aug 1, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
Greetings all,

I posted this last week in the new members forum and it was suggested I post it here since you all may know the answer since it applies to disabled veterans.

Are the any manufacturers OR suppliers of vaping equipment/e-juice that offer a discount, or better yet donates product to active duty US Service men and women or Veterans? I have searched this site and didn't come up with an answer so apologies if this question has been asked before.

The reason I ask is because I work part-time at a personal care home and there are two disabled veterans there that are very interested in vaping especially since I started vaping. Both men are on a very fixed income and I would love to help them out and get them started properly even though I am new to all this. I will be ordering kits for both these guys this Thursday when I get paid from that Chinese company that seems to get some people around here all riled up but each guy only has about $45 to start and I was hoping there was a better option.

Thank you.

Since posting I have ordered them both a kit and some juice, I had to add some of my limited funds for one of the men but what the heck, I was happy to do it. We're just waiting for the order to arrive.

Thank you for any help and most especially, THANK YOU for your service.

Borescoped

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Minot, ND
I remember reading a few articles about a venture that donated gear/juice to active duty overseas, but there was some shadiness going on. Apparently the dude was selling some of the stuff, with the excuse that shipping needed paying for. That venture fell through.

After that, the dude from Flavorz by Joe (spelling?) who contributed a lot of merchandise started up his own thing. Think I read about it on ecigadvanced. Might check out their stories there, or someone here might remember that.

As far as donations for vets, I haven't read/heard anything about that so far. Many companies do offer discounts for military, but not sure about vets. You could try emailing companies you are interested in buying from, explain the situation to them. They might want to see some verification of the situation, but you might just get the help you are looking for in trying that. Also, I think there is a Pay It Forward section here on ECF, you could try checking that out and see if there is anyone doing stuff for vets.

Please do let us know how this turns out. I'm curious to see if there is anyone out there doing these things.

Cephas

Aug 1, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
Thank you for the replies. I will check out ecigadvanced and the Pay It Forward section here at ECF.

I figured I would have to do some leg work myself with this and that's ok. Emailing companies directly will probably be the best bet. Verification of the situation wouldn't be a problem. I wish there was a B&M near me though, I do much better with soliciting/fund raising face to face. We'll see what happens.

I really want to help these guys out. They are both heavy smokers and so much of their income goes to cigs. They have both tried my basic ego set-up and really seem to like it. One of the gentleman is looking to quit the analogs altogether and the other is just looking to cut down. I will certainly keep everyone posted.

Thanks again. Any other advice or possible vendors/manufactures who might be sympathetic appreciated.

Borescoped

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Minot, ND
Yeah, that original guy was allegedly scamming and selling donated stuff when he wasn't supposed to. That Joe Castro fellow, from what I read, started up a new organization to pick back up the mission of sending donated gear and juice down range, with more oversight and transparency. Read that he was PO'd that even he was taken advantage of because it was ejuice donated by him that got sold, when it shouldn't have been.

Wouldn't be surprised if there was a few threads about this on ECF also.

VapeSoldiers is different than Project Vape-A-Soldier (I think!), here is the link to ecigadvanced that talks about it. Check out the comments left on that article down below, is where I got the first link I just posted a few minutes ago.

http://www.ecigadvanced.com/blog/vape-a-soldier-shuts-down-amid-allegations/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Xobeloot

The Dirty Monkey
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Grafenwöhr, Germany
the other option would be to just get a few people you work with to chip in $20 each and do this:

2x k100 mech mods
2x Nitecore 2-battery charger
10x Basic cartomizers
4x Batteries

With shipping from a couple places, you'd be looking at approximately $129.95 for 2 full (good) mechanical mod setups.

If you can make that happen, I'm sure there are plenty of people in the PIF area who would be happy to kick in some juice. Hell, I'd be happy to make a bottle for each guy.

Borescoped

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Minot, ND
Mechs might be too much for these folks to start with. Probably better to get them something simpler, like a Twist/spinner, and either bcc's or cartos.

Edit: these guys should have cool stuff though. Just don't want them to have something too complicated that turns them off of getting better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Xobeloot

The Dirty Monkey
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Grafenwöhr, Germany
The setups I posted above used basic cartos. Can utilize carto-tanks or rebuildables later. Why go light when they can go functional!

My very first mech was a legacy 18350 with cartos. Buuuuuuuut... There is always this route (still need juice and extra cartos of course)

Last edited:

Borescoped

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Minot, ND
I was thinking more along the lines of these types items to start with, prices listed as of this post date:

GEAR:
EVOD 6-in-1 Rechargeable 1300mAh Electronic Cigarettes Setdouble e-cigarette / black / 2.5Ω / US plug - $21.83 per kit

EGO-C Twist "1100mAh" Variable Voltage Rechargeable Battery for E-Cigaretteblack / 3.2-4.8V / 930mAh actual capacity - $12.69 each
^-------->(needs a separate (if you don't have one already) USB Charger for EGO Electronic Cigarettecable length 25cm - $2.38 each)

EGO-VV 1100mAh Rechargeable Variable Voltage E-Cigarette Battery with 0.7" LCD (passthru variable voltage, won't need a backup battery!) - $17.93 each

EVOD Electronic Cigarette Round Mouth Atomizer (5-Pack / 1.5mL)2.0Ω - $12.64 for the 5 pack, $2.65 for singles (use drop down menu)

EVOD Electronic Cigarettes Atomizer Heating Core (5-Pack)1.8Ω / silver (replacement evod heads) - $4.09 for a 5 pack.

Ejuices:

Mount Baker Vapor - Great prices, don't need a discount since the costs are low! Like $5 for 15ml's of juice, cheaper when you get a larger quantity.

Velvet Vapors - Owned/operated by a military spouse, who was prior military herself. Does military discounts. I've ordered from her, I only disliked one of the juices. Can stack the military discount on the sale items.

Ahlusion - Owned/operated by a military family also, according to their "About Us" section. Not sure if they do discounts, but you could always contact them and see if they can discount/donate? I've heard their stuff is really good (Ahlusion E-juice thread), but I can't speak from personal experience, as I haven't ordered from them... yet.

Naturally-Extracted-Tobacco.com - CarbonThief (Clay) just started this business, former military also. His Big Spirit cigarette style NET ejuice is getting excellent reviews from his customers (mine is ready to pick up from the post office). Something to look into also. Here's the thread link for this Naturally-Extracted-Tobacco - Grand Opening!!!

Brick & Mortar stores in Pittsburgh area:

Regarding a Brick & Mortar near you, you could check out VaporSearchUSA. Here is a thread link also here on ECF, you can check this out "Any "brick-and-mortars" around Pittsburgh". Maybe get good info there from those folks, or advice for your local area.

Can you tell us anything about these vets you are helping out? Knowing a little about them could help us help you better with ideas/recommendations (don't need names or too specific info, but if you are assisting them, do they have problems/conditions that prevent them from being able to use complicated stuff?)

If you need more info, or have further questions, please drop back in here and let us know. Stop back in here and let us know anyways LOL. Feel free to PM me also, as I'm curious to see if they have gotten the help that they need. Vets of any type should be taken care of.

Edit: My good ECF friend BillbeckUSA likes to give this set out as an example, and it's a good set, but I'm not sure if it is cost effective enough for your needs.

MyVaporStore - Spinner/Twist Ego VV Tank Combo - $69.95

Edit #2: Here is a thread link for another of Bill's great posts, with good info, it's post #4: Battery questions / advice

Last edited:

wyllic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
I'm really sad that I didn't see this post sooner.

I'm the founder and co-director of Vape a Vet. We're a Non-Profit Organization based in Phoenix, Arizona. We provide starter kits and juice to Active Duty and Retired members of the United States Military. There's a full application that's required in order to ensure that we follow proper guidelines of service. But anyone that is in need of some assistance can travel to our website at www.vapeavet.org and there's a tab to fill out a request for an application.

If anyone has any questions, concerns, or would like more information, please don't hesitate to hit me up on here, or email us at info@vapeavet.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread