Ready for an AVP - Vamo V5, SVD, and what about Zmax?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Born2Hula

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2013
Close to Philly, USA
I'm ready to step up and after reading & watching a lot of reviews have narrowed it down to a Vamo V5 or SVD. Matter of fact, I can't seem to choose between the two of them and so have both sitting in my shopping cart at fastech. I continued to surf through the forum after placing them in the cart and saw a post where member TFL! said they had just blown the second board in their Vamo, though there wasn't more information of possible causes.
The post is here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...on/484881-best-vv-vw-mod-other-then-vamo.html
Has anyone else heard of a Vamo board being blown? I also have seen note of the thread issue in the Vamos so I'm starting to have second thoughts. I've heard so many other good things about them however. Would you care to comment or throw your two cents in?

Am I making a mistake by not considering a Zmax?

I will need to purchase batteries and a charger as I have neither, and saw a thread in the General forum where it was mentioned NOT to purchase batteries with your order at Fasttech. Can you recommend where I might purchase the batteries and a charger at? In addition, do you have any opinions or recommendations on which batteries to purchase?

Last edited:

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
meanckz: I'm not sure why I haven't given these more consideration. Thank you for posting this. I may just get it as my second AVP instead of another tube style.

you're very welcome, glad I could contribute and help, I got one on the way, jumped on it a couple days ago, when they were still in stock, then the news exploded on ECF and now they're gone (til tuesday)
:headbang:

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
I'm ready to step up and after reading & watching a lot of reviews have narrowed it down to a Vamo V5 or SVD. Matter of fact, I can't seem to choose between the two of them and so have both sitting in my shopping cart at fastech. I continued to surf through the forum after placing them in the cart and saw a post where member TFL! said they had just blown the second board in their Vamo, though there wasn't more information of possible causes.
The post is here:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...on/484881-best-vv-vw-mod-other-then-vamo.html Has anyone else heard of a Vamo board being blown? I also have seen note of the thread issue in the Vamos so I'm starting to have second thoughts. I've heard so many other good things about them however. Would you care to comment or throw your two cents in?

Am I making a mistake by not considering a Zmax?

I will need to purchase batteries and a charger as I have neither, and saw a thread in the General forum where it was mentioned NOT to purchase batteries with your order at Fasttech. Can you recommend where I might purchase the batteries and a charger at? In addition, do you have any opinions or recommendations on which batteries to purchase?

I have a Vamo, and me likey ... and I am also interested in the SVD, which I also have sitting in a cart right now, but I am a little ...... at Fasttech, so I don't know if I will check out ( prolly will after I get over being ......, lol). From all that I have read and understand, all three are very solid choices. But why don't you get the lovely SVD so you can tell me how it worked out :) ... It is ok, and recommended to buy your APV and charger from Fassttech (the Nitecore is awesome, and well priced there) Just don't pick any of the kits with batteries included because it is not worth the hassle of them either not sending the batteries, or it taking a month or more for you to get your kit because it was stuck in customs, or because Hong Kong post sent it back ... all things which have been reported to happen.

As far as batteries ... almost everyone on this board is going to tell you to get AW IMR, Efests (both are rebranded pana's) or Pana CGR's as they are tried and true, and pricey (good ole supply and demand) . But there are a few other safe chemistry, high drain batteries out there, that are much less expensive (demand has yet to catch them) that are being overlooked out of fear, and limited 2nd hand knowledge. So I say INVESTIGATE, research, study, and understand the different battery chemistry's, ratings, and battery test results/reviews, so that you can make an educated choice.

Knowledge is power, and in the world of APV's it is essential to have that knowledge, but "so and so told me" is not knowledge. There is a plethora of solid information out there with regards to high drain batteries, and the power tool and flashlight forums offer more sound, and detailed information about batteries because they literally test every high drain/performance battery on the market ... those dudes are knarly about batteries, and thanks to them I got some ultra high drain batteries that have been proven to be equal to, and in some cases better than, what is usually recommended, ... and at half the cost. I will not name them because in no time at all they will be sold out, and then later restocked at a higher price to meet the new demand for them, so no thanks. This is bound to happen anyway, but I will not help speed up the process, lol.

Now if cost is not an issue, then by all means go with the popular recommendation, because these are tried and true recommendations, and you may not have the time to do all the research. Vendors like Orbtronics offer free shipping, and carry all the usual suspects (and a two battery min order). Vaperbeast carries Efest batts and has free shipping, although I am kinda giving them a side eye for other reasons.

Anyhoo .. report back and let us know which APV you decided to go with :)

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
My family has enjoyed both of our SVD's and then MVP. They are pretty old and still work fine.. ( we ordered them when they were new products).

The MVP2 right now is a no brainer. 40 bucks, lasts over two days on a charge, no need to buy batteries or charger, will even charge your cell phone in a pinch (we have done it)......has been a real winner with alot of users here.

Ive moved on to Provari's and have ordered a Semovar, but the SVD's and the MVP are now hand me downs to both daughters and are still vaping fine. I will always have a warm spot in my heart for these mods.

I also think all of the previously mentioned suggestions are all good ones. We just have so many choices these days... Good luck to you !!

Last edited:

Born2Hula

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2013
Close to Philly, USA
I've bitten the bullet and ordered the SVD at Fasttech. At that price, it's a bit impossible to resist. Now, let's see what happens with customs. After the notices they posted, I wonder if it will even get here... I opted not to purchase the batteries there as that seems to give many more problems to an order. I will also be picking up the MVP as soon as they're back in stock. Thank you everyone for your wonderful suggestions and comments.

I have more questions about batteries and should probably start a new thread just for that topic, but thank you again!

pumachkin

Oct 2, 2013
Los Angeles
I've been using the SVD for about a week now. Drains an Efest 18350 battery really quickly. Works a lot better with an 18650 as it lasts considerably longer. When I know that I'll be out for the day, the MVP2 is the winner hands down. Battery lasts forever and the only thing I have to worry about is making sure I have enough juice to last the day.

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
I read there were some real problems with the button on this unit. Have you had any difficulties?

I have a SID as well. Fantastic APV. I've heard a mention once or twice about a faulty button, but honestly not sure how that could happen. Mine is CLICKY as hell, AKA durable. You do have to keep a steady pressure though, nothing obscene, but if you start pushing the button all half-baked chances are you will wonder why it's not firing and why your wattage is now at 15.

I did, however, just get one of those MVP v2.0 from 101Vapes. Coming in the mail tomorrow! Woooo. No more charging my 18650s every other day :D

yuttynutt

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2011
Minnesota
I have a telescoping Zmax and love it I did just order an SVD and an innokin 134 I've heard great things about the SVD. Anything that is vw is going to give you a great vape. Unless you have a mech that you like then you can look into the kick. Fasttech has a knockoff of the kick for 9 dollars.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread