Ready for upgrade and confused about options

Status
Not open for further replies.

MamLeFey

Oct 24, 2013
USA
I started using Greensmoke ecigs about 6 months ago. I'm mostly pleased with them but am looking for something a little more substantial and affordable and hope someone here can help.

Some info on the way I smoke :
I used to smoke roll your own American Spirit cigarettes. About 30 a day.
I am a chain vaper. I use it all day.

The problems I have with Greensmoke are :
The cartomizers last less than a day. So, expensive.
I don't get a good nicotine hit with their strongest nicotine level carts.
The battery life. I get about 6 hours on a full charge.
I still experience nicotine withdrawal after 6 months of vaping.

I was thinking about getting something refillable instead of using disposable cartomizers. It must be small enough to fit in my pocket but more powerful than the Greensmoke ecigs. It also must be cheaper than Greensmoke. I currently spend about $135 a month on carts.

Thanks so much for reading!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Advancing from a Cigalike to an Ego or Mod

I recommend either a iTaste MVP or eGo Spinner/Twist setup.

The MVP runs around $50 for a complete kit. Built-in battery lasts 2 - 3 days on a charge, and can be used while charging (pass thru). Variable voltage. It will accept any ego or 510 threaded juice attachment. Built to be durable and is pocket-friendly for home and out of the house. Kit comes with charging cord and 1 - 2 iClear clearomizers. http://altsmoke.com/starterkit/intermediate-kits/innokin-mvp.html

Ego Spinner or Twist is another variable voltage option. You would need at least two batteries and a charger. You also need to purchase juice attachments.

Ego Starter Setup

Juice Attachments

Last edited:

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Pick up an Innokin iTaste 3.0 VV-VW full kit... including the 5 iClear 16s and USB charger cord. That will get you a 800mAh self-contained, pass-through type rechargeable Variable voltage/wattage APV and 5 TCC type clearos. As the 3.0 is an eGo/510 connector, you can also use just about any of the popular clearos, glassomizers, carto tanks, RDAs and RBAs.

If you want more battery storage, you might consider a iTaste MVP 2.0 - 2600 mAh. 101 Vape has them at the stupid low price of only $40.

Then... head over to Mount Baker Vapor, and pick up some juice... 24 mg/ml to start, you can taper down after you figure out your "vaping profile".

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
I would say pick up a eGo or a Twist/Winder/Spinner. You really can't beat the punch they deliver for the size they are. But considering you use your vape all day, it would probably be worth the effort to check out something like the iTaste MVP v2.0.

Does it fit in a pocket? Yes, maybe a little snug, but yes. You would probably want to unscrew whatever device you have attached though. If your vape must absolutely fit in your pocket I'd say grab a regular eGo 900mah such as this. Just be aware, when your delivery device is attached there's always the possibility of snapping something. Recommended to keep in a front shirt pocket or use an eGo Lanyard.

Sounds like you enjoy cartos, so I'll recommend something like these or these. You'll probably also want to pick up a drip tip if you haven't got one already.

Watch some videos on how to properly fill a cartomizer, get some liquid, fill it up, connect to PV and vape away :vapor: Slightly more complicated than a pre-filled carto setup, but will pack a much better punch and is an easy way to vape.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
If you decide on the Spinner, I'd recommend going to the 1300 mAh rated ones. Almost 50% more life than the 900, at not much more cost. And get two so you can use one while the other charges.

The MVP2 is a nice device, and the 2 adds variable watt control as well as variable voltage.

If you have a B&M within reach, visit them and taste test some different flavors. Too subjective an area to give meaningful suggestions. But yes, 24 mg might be a good nic level for you for now.

Throat hit is partly the nic level, and partly the ratio of PG to VG. Higher PG will give more TH. Most "off the shelf" mixes seem to be around 80/20 or 70/30 PG/VG. Many online sources will let you specify the ratio. (More VG gives more vapor.)

For the topper, I'd suggest getting one bottom coil unit, like a Kanger T3S (or others!) and one top coil unit like an Iclear 30S (also many others), so you can taste test both types. There are some differences in the experience, and our preferences vary. So if you try one of each style, you can make your choice on which style works best for you.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
Advancing from a Cigalike to an Ego or Mod

I recommend either a iTaste MVP or eGo Spinner/Twist setup.

The MVP runs around $50 for a complete kit. Built-in battery lasts 2 - 3 days on a charge, and can be used while charging (pass thru). Variable voltage. It will accept any ego or 510 threaded juice attachment. Built to be durable and is pocket-friendly for home and out of the house. Kit comes with charging cord and 1 - 2 iClear clearomizers. Innokin MVP iTaste Kit - AltSmoke

Ego Spinner or Twist is another variable voltage option. You would need at least two batteries and a charger. You also need to purchase juice attachments.

Ego Starter Setup

Juice Attachments

+1 on all of these recomendations ! If you follow these suggestions, you are fixin to start saving mucho bucks and have a more enjoyable "substantial" vape. :toast:

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Looks like the consensus is the Innokin iTaste MVP V2.0. I like the affordable price tag. Could I just buy that and some juice and be ready to go or would I need to buy any other components to start vaping with it?
Also, about how long does one 15 ml bottle of juice last for a heavy vaper?
Yep... you'd be good to go.

I doubt you're as "heavy" as you think you are. Heavy would be 10ml plus per day... never the less, you'd better think about buying juice in 30-50 ml bottles. When I place an order - it's 300-600 ml at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread