Recommendations for converting Camel smokers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cahdek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Sacramento, CA
My girlfriend currently smokes camel crushes and I've read a lot about various peppermint flavors being similar, but we still havent found "the one" for her.

My cousin has tried the e cig thing (njoy and Blu disposables from liquor stores) but has since reverted back to Camel lights.

Long story short, what would be a good liquid for them? I have been looking a Heathers Heavenly Vapes' Shadow, Gandalf and Pirates and hopefully those would make converts out of them.

They will also be using cig-a-likes like my V2 and Janty 510 if knowing what devices they will be using helps.

Any advice or other suggestions to help them make the switch?

BigEd781

Verified Member
Jun 12, 2013
San Diego
My buddy uses a mix of Menthol flavor and candy cane (peppermint) from hoosierecigs as a replacement for his Newports. I realize that's not a Camel, but he says that the peppermint alone is a bit off. Mixed with some menthol it is just right for him. Worth a shot perhaps.

As an aside, maybe throw in a few unrelated flavors. When I first began vaping I thought that I would want something close to the (non-menthol) brand that I smoked. Yeah... not so much. I vape watermelon most of the time.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I'm a big fan of Heather's Heavenly Vapes NETs (naturally extracted tobacco), and while they're fantastic in their own right, none of them fall into analog-like, except for Dark Horse, which is dry, grassy and just a tad sliver of sweetness.

Legend is a dark, earthy pipe-like tobacco with dark fruity (cherry, raisins, etc) tones. Very nice.

Shadow is one I haven't tried, but it's similiar to Heavenly Army which I love (and, in fact, I was just discussing Shadow with folks), and it's a light, creamy tobacco with hints of others flavors, like graham and chocolate, whilst Shadow is suppose to be like frosty donuts or vanilla creme.

Pirates Booty, another I haven't had the pleasure to try, but it's suppose to be a bit like Legend or Dragon's Fire but with some spiciness.

Lots of places have a Kamal or Sahara blend, which is suppose to be Camel-like to various degrees. Halo has a Turkish Tobacco with is slightly perfumey, but has a lovely cardamon kick to it that's a delight to vape.

As long as your friends understand that there won't be anything that tastes exactly like what they were smoking, the vaping experience will be wonderful.

I know I am addicted to Heather's Tobaccos. You might try Serendipity, which is a light tobacco with coffee and tea tones. -- See, I'm addicted :)

TommyS

Jun 12, 2013
Largo, Florida
I am an Ex-Camel Smoker, Mostly Camel Turkish Silver and Turkish Royal. What got me over the hump was Turkish Tobacco from Vaporkings.com. Stuff really tastes a lot like Camel Cigarettes! Has that "certain something" whatever it is that drives us Camel Jockys to buy the next pack. I am past it now, but I do highly recommend it to Camel Smokers.

This one

10ml bottle of medium 18mg Turkish Tobacco flavor e-Liquid

Last edited:

Cahdek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Sacramento, CA
Awesome! Thanks for the recommendations. My girlfriend and I tried the V2 Sahara when I first got started vaping. Neither one of us really cared for it. It had a flavor that reminded me of a Miller High Life aftertaste. I'm gonna give HHV a try.

It coming up on birthday time for them so hopefully they fall in love with vaping like I did and put the stinkies down for good

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Good choice. Just an FYI -- unless you buy the sampler pack (which are pre-steeped), HHV's NETs do need some steep time.

1 or 2 days, bottles shaken, caps off in a cool, dark place. And most need at least a week after that before the flavors begin to unfold.

I tried all of the ones right after the 2 day, and one was fantastic, and the others were... there, but those others got better each week thereafter. The non-NETs (caramel apple tobacco, vapin chimp, Georgia Peach tobacco, swish sweet) don't need as much steep time.

And for more info, check here: The HHV Army

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread