=replacement for a faulty innokin mvp3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanguinesolitude

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2015
So i've been vaping for awhile now and my innokin mvp 3.0 is going bad. I purchased it in february of this year and it has started reading ohms all over the place and shutting off randomly with multiple atomizers. Contacted innokin and myvaporstore.com and i'm out of warranty by a few weeks and they won't do anything about it. So i guess i need a new mod as this has become essentially unusable. picture is of 4 clicks of the fire button.

I'm looking for a variable voltage mod and would love some input. Thinking about the mvp 3.0 or coolfire, but this experience has left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth for innokin.

Attachments

• 4 clicks.jpg
    4 clicks.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 28

sanguinesolitude

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2015
Is the center pin on your MVP 3 stuck (i.e. it is not freely moving up and down)?
no it definitely moves up and down when depressed. It has recently been often reading as high as 3.5 and once i saw 7.6 before it shutoff. It used to fluctuate .2 or so in either direction, which was acceptable. I didnt know it was out of the ordinary until trying a friend's unit which was dead on with his coil every time. And by then i was out of warranty. :-x

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Sorry to hear that. My experience with Innokin products has been very good. Though I will say the last box mod I bought from them was the MVP 2.0 and it did not have the floating center pin.

I love the form factor of the Coolfire 4 (40 watts). What will you be using on the mod you will be buying.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Either on of the mods you listed would work very well for you.

You could even look at the MVP 3.0 Pro (60 watts) or the MVP Disruptor (50 watts) if you wanted more power. The Disruptor is not yet on the market so no one has any first hand experience with it yet. But I do like the idea of a replaceable "power cell".

Innokin Disrupter With InnoCell Vaping Power System

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
also thinking about a kanger subox. I have had great success with everything theyve made, and like the look of it. heck maybe ill get a few.

That Subbox does look pretty sweet. That's the problem with all these new products coming out. They all look good. Lately I've been looking at temp control mods. If the 4th of July sales are any good I may just pull the trigger on a "bumblebee yellow" Joyetech eVic VT just to try temp control.

sanguinesolitude

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2015
That Subbox does look pretty sweet. That's the problem with all these new products coming out. They all look good. Lately I've been looking at temp control mods. If the 4th of July sales are any good I may just pull the trigger on a "bumblebee yellow" Joyetech eVic VT just to try temp control.
I feel i'm still figuring out vaping hardware and diy juice, not ready to get into the temp control yet. im watching subox reviews atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread