Reusable or Disposable?

Reusable/Refillable or Disposable or both?

• Reusable/Refillable

• Disposable

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
What would you think of a disposable that is reusable... I mean, current atomizers as they are but considered disposable... at a lower price with a 24 hour warranty (DOA=replacement)... at let's say 8 EURO per atomizer?

Is this a sniff of what Janty are coming up with next . I do hope it will be not be like green cig or a
Loong Totem and disposable cigars? And some think completely new to out beat the competition.

Or is there no new atomiser technology yet available.

And I think the 24-hour warranty is absolutely ridiculous as do we have to race to try and check all our supplies are working within 24 hours of receiving them.

As for the price of the atomiser depends on how long these are supposed to last for.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
What would you think of a disposable that is reusable... I mean, current atomizers as they are but considered disposable... at a lower price with a 24 hour warranty (DOA=replacement)... at let's say 8 EURO per atomizer?

about right.. defective out of the box ones would have to be replaced but otherwise yes.. drop the long term guarantee.. they could be a little cheaper and only sold in batches of say five to keep handling costs down..

but loong totem got caught in the trap of having to put silly values on batteries so as to keep the initial kit price up.. assuming u want to..

u would have to find some compromise way around that problem..

trog

jarvis

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2008
Tx
I think a good solution is to modify the atomizer in a way so that the coil/fiber that burns out killing the atomizer can be easily replaced. These parts could only cost cents to make and a small bag of them could last an e-smoker for months! This would also minimize waste, as the whole atomizer tube wouldn't have to be thrown away after the cartridge is empty. Here's my illustration from another thread.
betratomizer.jpg

Jag1313

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2008
US-FL
Great idea but it would not work that way. After disecting atomizers, I saw that the fibers are passing the coil and end through holes in the ceramic tub (which encloses the coil) and are in contact with the outer metal mesh around the ceramic tub, means the metal mesh "guides" the liguid to the end of the coil fibers, the fibers carriy the liquid through the coil, in some models across the coil.

SMILIN

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
CHITOWN USA
www.vapor4life.com
I like my reusable disposable loongtotems quite a lot, and I liek hte fact htat htey produce a ton more vapor and are easier to refill than conventional cartridges- so can't really vote in this poll unless you put that option in

What are longtotems, and where do you get em?:p

Ludo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2008
China
www.janty.com
@jarvis: really well done, but I must agree with Jag...

Even if it would work, the pieces are so tiny, not every user would be able to handle these small pieces I think...

News: We have just finished a trow away atomizer inside the cartridge model, just like the LT. Ok to be honest: we purchased the LT and copied it, then we improved it. Needs a bit more testing but looks alright for now... it's just that we think it still is kind of unnecessary waste, so we are considering other options too.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
smilin- loongtotem is a highly overpriced company that sells a product where the atomizer is built right into their cartridges and you just throw away their cartridges when they run dry and pop a new one in and wallah- you have brand new atomizer everytime ya change the cartridge. I said awhile ago that we should start seeing manufacturers movign to htis type of atomizer in cartridge design as it silves hte problem of atomizers always dropping dead, and it gives a much better vapor production as well- the only problem with loongtotem though is hte price of their rediculously high shipping and the high battery prices (As well as the fact that their batteries are a real crap-shoot- ya never know if you'll get one that functions or not, & if not, you're then stuck with the dead battery because it would cost way too much to send it back and have loongtotem send another one out & charge shiop[ping again), so this stopped a lot of people from trying them

Ludo- what do ya mean waste? Throwing away the atomizers everytime? or do you mean waste of fluid in the cartridges?

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
jarvis, i remember you said that before and i agree with you. if you ever get to see the atomizer from a disposable cigar, you can see that it could be done easily if the design allowed you to get at the atomizer without cutting up the casing.

ludo, is this the new model janty have been teasing the other forum with?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread