• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Review of my new Kayfun V3.1 ES

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
Ordered it last week, and it arrived today. Bigger than the kayfun Light Plus V2. The sealed box and presentation of the product looks like an original. Though I'm sure it's not, this clone is perfectly constructed and feels smooth and heavy.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1844108

Compared to the Kayfun Light, this one allows me to increase the Volts to 8V and the Watts are around 15. The prewick registered at 3.1 Ohms when I screwed it in.

The flavour and vapor production, thus far, is double that of the Kayfun Light Plus V2. Although, it stands much higher. I think it has something to do with the adjustable air flow which makes the difference in power able to be used.

I dislike the pin size juice hole built into the side. Not even gonna use it. I simply squeeze the juice from the top of the tank after taking off the tip and top cap.

Came with a bunch of extra O-ring seals and English manual with no obvious spelling or grammatical mistakes. Making me think, this clone company is mighty professional.

Can't wait to try it out with the wire, jig, and cotton coming on its way. I'm sure it will make all the difference with both this Kayfun and the Kayfun Light, which I love too. Could possibly use it on a Mod with even more power than the ones I currently have. Ryan? ;)

So, the next Atomizer on its way soon is the Kayfun V4. That, if all goes well, should bring a whole new dimension into my small, but growing, vaporizing world.

Last edited:

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Flavor and vapor production depend on many factors. Wicking material, juice viscosity, deck channels, coil size, coil resistance, airflow, watts, etc.. The biggest restriction for vapor production on the Kayfuns is airflow. Wicked correctly there should be no real difference in vapor production or flavor between the Kayfun 3.1 or the Kayfun Lite Plus V2. Both have similar airflow, similar chambers, and both have adjustable airflow. The problem is that even wide open the Kayfun draw is still tight. If you are feeling industrious you can always drill out the deck wells and air flow control. :) But as i said before, the Kayfuns are meant for flavor not massive clouds.

Now with the Kayfun V4 they've changed some things up, larger AFC and juice control. But still being a single coil atty this may or may not make a large difference. Its too new and the reviews aren't out.

You need to check Ohms law again. 8v at 15watts would mean the resistance of your coil is 4.3Ohms ;)

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ohms_law.htm

Last edited:

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
My mistake. Thanks for pointing that out, Waddle.

My VTR, with the new Kayfun on it, is presently set at 5.2V, 13 Watts, and registering 3 Ohms. And no burning taste.

The E-Holly, with the Kayfun Light Plus V2 on it, is at 3.88V, 8.4 Watts, and registering 1.8 Ohms. Anything much higher, results in burning taste even though the channels are clear. Could just be the thick VG juice as I often have to blow hard through the tip to push the fluid through the channels. I wish the channels were either deeper, wider, or 4 (instead of 2).

Update: I totally forgot about that tiny adjustable air screw on the bottom of the Kayfun Light. With the current problems I'm having with burning taste, the thing to do would be increase the airflow. Is that correct?

Last edited:

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Well I can only assume it's a wicking issue. Are the channels much larger on the 3.1.? The resistance of the coil makes no difference on a regulated device. Watts are Watts. Obviously it's not the same number of wraps on your silica. Try using a similar coil on your KFL and see if its different.

If you're blowing into the drip tip, your blowing juice out of the chamber. Of course this will not help with wicking issues. Put your finger over the air hole and draw through the drip tip a couple of times. This will help draw juice onto the deck.

Is the airhole fully opened on your KFL?

15 Watts is pretty much the ceiling on Kayfuns.

Last edited:

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
So, after a week of using this atmomizers, vompared to my Kayfun Light+V2, this one has some not so great points. Though its also got some good points.

The thing I really dislike is the fluid intake hole on the side. No matter how often I tried filing it from there, I simply made a mess and nothing went inside the tank. This, I refill from the top.

And the second thing I dislike is the air adjustment screw. I found that simply removing it all together stopped the gurgling.

And last, I find one of the coil screw down screws to be a real pain to get the wire fastened to it. The other screw is just fine.

It's well built and solid. But when push comes to shove, the Kayfun Light V2 is slightly better.

In any event, I'm a Kayfun lover!

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
Gurgling usually means flooding. Probably not using enough wick, or the coil is too close to the airhole, or its not sealing properly. After you top fill, turn the bottom of the atty upward, blow lightly and juice will come out the airholes. Its a common problem when top filling kayfuns.

The Kayfun Light is very easy to fill from the bottom screw. But, the other Kayfun is really difficult to fill from the side as it's positioned at an angle (no screw) and when I try to fill the thing with my bottle with a needle tip, it doesn't go in. I guess I have to use that special little plastic bottle with a angled plastic tip each time I wanna refill. I'll trip that.

But yeah, filing it from the top causes much gurgling. Really sucks!

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
I think its generally a good idea to try a variety of different attys to see which ones you like or don't like.

Currently I have a Russian 91%, Taifun GT, Kayfun Lite plus v2, Fogger V4, Orchid V4 (x2), Erlkonigin, Aqua V2, and 3 or 4 RDAs.

My single coils tend to sit in the drawer, but at least now I have a good idea what kind of vape I'm looking for.

I think you'll find a lot more satisfaction with the Kayfun 4, than any of the previous versions. They have apparently worked out a lot of the old problems...well hopefully.

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
If you look on Youtube you find videos for top filiing Kayfuns. I fill my Orchids the same way. You just have to blow them out first.

That's actually why I didn't recommend the 3.1..its a known problem filling them through the fill port.

Thanks Waddle, I did so you suggested and found out on YouTube how to top fill the 3.1. Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread