Samsung battery authenticity

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCigs

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2015
Croatia
Taking the advice of ECF members, I'm planning on buying Samsung INR18650 25R batteries for a 30w device (as opposed to my current Panasonic that has a 6ish max amp output). My local vendor has them, but two things are strange to me.
1.) Their price is actually a little cheaper than Fasttechs, usually products there are quite more expensive
2.) They are green, while FT and a couple other places i've googled has them as blue

This is the vendor site:
Baterija Samsung INR18650 25R 2500mAh - 18650 - Li-on, Ni-Mh baterije - Baterije i punjači E cigarete | E tekućine
This is how they look pretty much everywhere else:
$9.75 Authentic Samsung INR18650-25R 3.6V 2500mAh Rechargeable Li-Ion Batteries (2-Pack) - 35A peak discharge / 22A continuous discharge at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

So are the batteries from the first site fake or what's the deal with that?

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hi Rip. I'm not a battery guru like @Baditude, but I do know from reading the forum that there are many rewrapped batteries around. My first impression was "if it's too good to be true then it usually is".

Baditude has a blog that explains most of the batteries :Baditudes Blogs Baditude's blog | E-Cigarette Forum You'll find a list of acceptable batteries in his blogs.

he advises (US) shopping for batteries here :
Illumn.com - Flashlights, Batteries, Carry Gear, Intelligent LED Lighting, and More!
Authentic AW Batteries - RTD Vapor
Fenix Flashlights, Solarforce, Cree LED, Lithium Batteries, Lithium Ion Batteries, Li-Ion Chargers, Maxpedition Bags, Spyderco Knives and more!
Batteries-Chargers-Flashlights-Only The Best

Good luck and safety first.

Reactions: RipCigs

Vapenstein

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
Samsung switched to green a while back but mostly you still see blue as there are so many still in stock. Eventually all Samsung 25r's will be green. Afaik, no one has documented a counterfeit 25r yet, which is only one of the reasons this is the battery to get. All the fakes are Sonys, buy those green Samsungs with confidence.

RipCigs

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2015
Croatia
Samsung switched to green a while back but mostly you still see blue as there are so many still in stock. Eventually all Samsung 25r's will be green. Afaik, no one has documented a counterfeit 25r yet, which is only one of the reasons this is the battery to get. All the fakes are Sonys, buy those green Samsungs with confidence.

Thank you!
I just found a discussion on FT forums about the same topic, the conclusion was pretty much what you just said. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread