seeking help....Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

piercedguy76xxx

Jun 12, 2013
burnley lancs
hi there, ive been using a lavatube for the past 12 months, on that ive been using various cartomizers from totally wicked. the other day i decided to get a rebuildable tank from T-Wicked.

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.../totally-wicked-rebuildable-tank-product.html

well i got the item the other day and had a go with it, i used to coil that came with it and was a bit miffed.wasnt getting much of a vape from it at all, so i had a fiddle with it and still no joy. i then tried to make my own coil to see if that would be better, used a little bit thicker wire, and some 2mm wick that i had ordered.

made my coil, nice n tidy, put it in and its crap grrrrr. keeps popping, looks very wet, not glowing very red like it did when i did a test run before i put it together.:( the way i made the coil was just like the one i got with it but a little more beefy. i doubled over the wick that was going to go between the posts the wrapped wire round it(not to tight, wrapped it 4 times)

its not giving my the cloud i was hoping for, i know im new to this but from what i could see i hadnt done anything wrong really.

oh and to add to this, i have the newer lavatube that somtimes flashes up the ohms. i was getting 2.9.... now it flahses up 1.0

many thanks
simon

Last edited:

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
Sorry, the link you posted isn't working for me. I'm at work and that site is blocked from my work comp. lol. I've been messing with cotton wicks and didn't have as good a luck with flavor or vapor until I started making my coil first and then feeding the cotton through it after the coil was made. Wrap your coil around a drill bit the size you want it without the wick in it. Put a lighter to it and get the oils off the wire and it hardens the wire into the shape of the coil. Then slide it off the drill bit and light it again until it gets red. You will have a very stiff coil. You can even squeeze the coil together with your fingers to make it smaller, then put your cotton wick through it. You can thin your cotton with some VG on your fingers to get it threaded if you need to. I've have more even vaporizing that way and no choking of the cotton, producing way more vapor and flavor. I always thought I was wrapping my coils and cotton loose enough doing them together, but I guess I wasn't. This way the coil is evenly firing on the wick :) I hope it helps.

piercedguy76xxx

Jun 12, 2013
burnley lancs
20130613_220441.jpg

thats the one i done myself

Charleyrc

Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
Texas
Another way to help keep from getting your coil too tight is to wrap it with a paper clip next to the wick. Then when your coil is finished you simply slide out the paper clip and it allows for that little bit of extra room. Works for me like a charm. Best of luck. Just don't give up. Once you get it you will be very happy and then you will be able to wind coils without any problems.

Charleyrc

Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
Texas
View attachment 220265

thats the one i done myself

Cant tell from the picture but you need to be sure that the coil is not touching anything but the two terminals where it is connected. If it is touching underneath then it will short out and cause your resistance to drop like mad. Just be sure there is some space under the wick and coil.

piercedguy76xxx

Jun 12, 2013
burnley lancs
Is your coil supposed to be between the posts? I'm not familiar with that one, but my Igo-l coil sits to the side. I might be wrong but it looks like yours is touching metal which would cause shorts. View attachment 220289

ive done it to how it was set up but the setup when i got it had a smaller coil, about half the size. i was thinking of trying to move where the coil sits but i guess that might cause it to not get enough liquid

whats an rsst by the way?

thanks

Charleyrc

Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
Texas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread