Sentinel clone 510 replacement rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I have looked around and have not found much specifically on this subject. I apologize If I missed a pertinent thread. I purchased one of the aluminum sentinel clones from fasttech and have been reading about the soft threads on it. It sounds like I can basically rely on them stripping sooner more likely than later. I like to rebuild and tinker with everything from engines to electronics. I know about the recommendation to use either a 510 extender, or an air flow controller. My issue with this is that you are still threading these items into soft aluminum, which still have a limited amount of time before they give. I would like to rebuild / replace the crappy aluminum 510 with a ss 510 out of the box. How do I know what will work for it or not? I have no doubt in my ability to take things apart, and put them back together; but since I don't have the mod yet, I do not know what a rebuild will entail, or if it is doable. I read in 1 thread where a guy stripped the threads, but said he would have to bust out the drill and put a new 510 on it; then there was never any mention of it again on that thread. I have found lots of quality battery connectors on mad vapes, but have no idea which I will need. I know its only a 10$ mod, but I spend time with, and make each mod my own by doing things like this and I don't mind the effort. I would much appreciate advice and suggestions from anyone who has enough experience with this mod to be able to provide them.

Last edited:

inksane

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2011
Minnesota
www.halfpricepartybus.com
I just took a look at mine and I am not sure how you would go about replacing the 510 connection on it. Here are a few pics of it maybe you can figure something out. I don't use mine often so the threads are fine on mine.

WhzA6cm.jpg

Rwj2s8I.jpg

Hjjipxb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread