Status
Not open for further replies.

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
whats the battery you are using? and what rda's are you trying. I dont have one but it looks like the top cap of the atty you remove it. back the 510 out some. screw your rda on then screw the 510 till it barely snugs and makes contact with the rda. Do you know the resistance of the coils as well?

josh dieker

Jun 24, 2015
orlando, FL
whats the battery you are using? and what rda's are you trying. I dont have one but it looks like the top cap of the atty you remove it. back the 510 out some. screw your rda on then screw the 510 till it barely snugs and makes contact with the rda. Do you know the resistance of the coils as well?
alos i used a 1.1 ohm coil on there and same thing a hot button.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
ya but it still leaves a gap on the tube either on the top or on the bottom.

That's not surprising; happens with many fixed tube mods; the adjustment for that is the smaller of the two pins in the topcap; the bigger pin is the 510 centerpin. The smaller one is the battery-length-adjustment pin.

With a telescopic mod you don't get that issue.

josh dieker

Jun 24, 2015
orlando, FL
here is the gap with the pins all the way in as far as they can go

Attachments

• Photo on 6-26-15 at 10.54 PM.jpg
    Photo on 6-26-15 at 10.54 PM.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 35

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
here is the gap with the pins all the way in as far as they can go

if that is a gap between the topcap and the tube, you may find that you have a buttontop battery in the tube, but when you put a flattop battery you end up with no gap.

I am not familiar with the shift mod, but it is also possible it can adjust to battery size on the bottom cap; the nemesis and stingray for example compensate for variations in battery length by the way the bottom cap screws in.

josh dieker

Jun 24, 2015
orlando, FL
none of that is the issue the only thing i have found to kind of work is. putting on my tugboat v1 since it has a long 510 pin and i take out the fine adjustment pin for battery rattle but the only thing with that is there is still some rattle in the battery. the odd part is that this is a 110$ mod and i got it right from the company so i gave them an email to see what is going on.

josh dieker

Jun 24, 2015
orlando, FL
none of that is the issue the only thing i have found to kind of work is. putting on my tugboat v1 since it has a long 510 pin and i take out the fine adjustment pin for battery rattle but the only thing with that is there is still some rattle in the battery. the odd part is that this is a 110$ mod and i got it right from the company so i gave them an email to see what is going on.
if that is a gap between the topcap and the tube, you may find that you have a buttontop battery in the tube, but when you put a flattop battery you end up with no gap.

I am not familiar with the shift mod, but it is also possible it can adjust to battery size on the bottom cap; the nemesis and stingray for example compensate for variations in battery length by the way the bottom cap screws in.

josh dieker

Jun 24, 2015
orlando, FL
If you cannot get the mod itself flush, not the rda, you either have the pins too far out or you are using a button top battery and not a flat top.
i am not using a button top. the pins are all the way in and i mean i have tried every thing possible i think its the mod there is to big of a gap to do anything other than talk to the manufacturers.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
i am not using a button top. the pins are all the way in and i mean i have tried every thing possible i think its the mod there is to big of a gap to do anything other than talk to the manufacturers.

Is the mod working?

Usually when I put together my chiyou I get some gaps; it's not anything surprising; between variations in battery length and rda/rta centerpin lengths, some things are going to be a more flush fit than others.

What you should not have is battery rattle.

josh dieker

Jun 24, 2015
orlando, FL
Is the mod working?

Usually when I put together my chiyou I get some gaps; it's not anything surprising; between variations in battery length and rda/rta centerpin lengths, some things are going to be a more flush fit than others.

What you should not have is battery rattle.
no its not even an old mod it came out within the last year also they still make new designs and changed nothing on the mod so i dont see why any of this should be an issue. and no matter what atty i use none of them want to work and make it flush. RDA or RTA nothing works i just go it in the mail today.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
no its not even an old mod it came out within the last year also they still make new designs and changed nothing on the mod so i dont see why any of this should be an issue. and no matter what atty i use none of them want to work and make it flush. RDA or RTA nothing works i just go it in the mail today.

I'm not sure if you are saying that your mod/rda is not working or just not screwing in flush

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
btw i posted a pic a few posts back of the gap

Yes I saw the pic;

as long as you get the tank flush on the topcap that is the important thing. You don't want the tank to be rocking.

the 18650 battery is supposed to be 18mm diameter by 65mm long.
I imagine from 1 battery to another you might get 1 mm length differences with a few being 64mm and a few being 66mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread