RDA Should I buy a Kennedy Or Velocity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanky Payne

Mar 7, 2015
Jasper Missouri
I'm looking on fasttech for a cheap dripper and I've come to the conclusion I want a Kennedy but yet it has like no airflow control or anything so if I don"t enjoy the flavor I'll be mighty screwed, while the velocity 1:1 is cheaper and has a little more options, but both are cloud chuckers.

I just love the Aesthetic of the Kennedy, but the velocity has a dope deck, so I'm somewhat torn, I want something that'll look good on my Panzer Blackhawk Clone though, any thoughts?

Kennedy: $13.80 KENNEDY V2.5 Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / black / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Velocity: $10.39 Velocity Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 1:1 / 304 stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
There's the Kennedy which has 2 air holes on the bottom of the deck, and there's the competition Kennedy which has 2 airholes on each side of the bottom of the deck, so 4 total. The clone you're looking at is the Comp. Kennedy with a demon cap, for more airflow. The only flaw I see with it is a non-adjustable center pin. There are a few different top caps for the Kennedy, Gremlin slam cap, which is a shorter chamber, the dragon cap which has the wide bore almost chuff style tip, and the demon cap for more airflow and flavor.
I came across something interesting yesterday, the STRO rda. It's like a Comp. Kennedy deck with a royal hunter style side airflow and honeycomb. $29.99 for an authentic, not a bad price. Stro V1 RDA by Sacred Mods - $29.95 : Vapor King Vape Shops Official Home Page
There's also a STRO mini apparently with the 2 post design and top airflow at the same price, just to make your decision a bit harder haha.
Edit: also, the velocity you're looking at comes with a replacement center pin for bottom feeding.

Reactions: Spanky Payne

Spanky Payne

Mar 7, 2015
Jasper Missouri
There's the Kennedy which has 2 air holes on the bottom of the deck, and there's the competition Kennedy which has 2 airholes on each side of the bottom of the deck, so 4 total. The clone you're looking at is the Comp. Kennedy with a demon cap, for more airflow. There are a few different top caps for the Kennedy, Gremlin slam cap, which is a shorter chamber, the dragon cap which has the wide bore almost chuff style tip, and the demon cap for more airflow and flavor.
I came across something interesting yesterday, the STRO RDA. It's like a Comp. Kennedy deck with a Royal Hunter style side airflow and honeycomb. $29.99 for an authentic, not a bad price. Stro V1 RDA by Sacred Mods - $29.95 : Vapor King Vape Shops Official Home Page
There's also a STRO mini apparently with the 2 post design and top airflow at the same price, just to make your decision a bit harder haha.

Thanks man but I'm short on caps at the moment I can"t even afford 30 bucks sadly, but that Stro is pretty sexy.

Do you think the auethentic caps will fit on the clone I posted in the link?

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Thanks man but I'm short on caps at the moment I can"t even afford 30 bucks sadly, but that Stro is pretty sexy.

Do you think the auethentic caps will fit on the clone I posted in the link?
It looks like it comes with the dragon cap and the demon cap.
Edit: just found this one on fasttech. It comes with the demon cap and gremlin style caps$12.72 KENNEDY V2 Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer (V2, 22mm, SS(w/ SS Mini Sleeve)) at m.FastTech.com - FastTech Mobile

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
Kennedy all day for me, I own six of them currently. Bottom airflow cannot be compared against side airflow IMO, the experience(flavor) and draw style is entirely different. Try the Kennedy before you dismiss it, honestly I was sort of put off by the overall size of the Kennedy initially but here I am now with ALL of my daily use devices sporting some form of the Kennedy. To be fair, I prefer the dual air hole original deck or centered/gremlin deck but I've got two of the comp decks in rotation as well.

Biggest bonus(I say this all the time) is that there are no holes in the top cap, so you can just haphazardly throw it back on and not worry if your airflow is going to be exactly the same as the last time the cap was on. Airflow NEVER changes, and I really love that.

Edit: You do have to keep in mind that the Kennedy isn't for everyone in the respect that it was designed with basically no airflow control, this didn't bother me as I was used to vaping with dual 3mm+(or equivalent) air holes prior to ever using the Kennedy. Having said that, the draw is entirely different with the holes on the bottom and for me the flavor + vapor production is second to none. You can restrict the draw some by using larger diameter coils positioned closely to the airflow tubes, but that's about all you've got.

Last edited:

Hdivr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
Rolla MO
I was eyeing the Velocity, but chose the Kennedy comp....... Love it...... Built a dual coil at .5 ohm and rocking in on my SMPL.........

k2jxwz.jpg

Last edited:

mr.fabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2014
Southern Cal
I'm looking on fasttech for a cheap dripper and I've come to the conclusion I want a Kennedy but yet it has like no airflow control or anything so if I don"t enjoy the flavor I'll be mighty screwed, while the velocity 1:1 is cheaper and has a little more options, but both are cloud chuckers.

I just love the Aesthetic of the Kennedy, but the velocity has a dope deck, so I'm somewhat torn, I want something that'll look good on my Panzer Blackhawk Clone though, any thoughts?

Kennedy: $13.80 KENNEDY V2.5 Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / black / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Velocity: $10.39 Velocity Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 1:1 / 304 stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

The Kennedy 2 hole is full of flavor. I have both the centered 2 hole and the competition 4 hole deck. The flavor, draw, and juice capacity of the 2 hole is second to none in my dripper collection. The competition is okay, but for me, it is a little too airy and the flavors are somewhat muted. The only other drippers I have that can compare are my Origins v1,v2, v3 , Derringer, and Veritas. But they don't have the nice airy draw that the Kennedy has.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Kennedy all day for me, I own six of them currently. Bottom airflow cannot be compared against side airflow IMO, the experience(flavor) and draw style is entirely different. Try the Kennedy before you dismiss it, honestly I was sort of put off by the overall size of the Kennedy initially but here I am now with ALL of my daily use devices sporting some form of the Kennedy. To be fair, I prefer the dual air hole original deck or centered/gremlin deck but I've got two of the comp decks in rotation as well.

Biggest bonus(I say this all the time) is that there are no holes in the top cap, so you can just haphazardly throw it back on and not worry if your airflow is going to be exactly the same as the last time the cap was on. Airflow NEVER changes, and I really love that.

Edit: You do have to keep in mind that the Kennedy isn't for everyone in the respect that it was designed with basically no airflow control, this didn't bother me as I was used to vaping with dual 3mm+(or equivalent) air holes prior to ever using the Kennedy. Having said that, the draw is entirely different with the holes on the bottom and for me the flavor + vapor production is second to none. You can restrict the draw some by using larger diameter coils positioned closely to the airflow tubes, but that's about all you've got.
The fixed airflow is something I have on my Petri which only has 2x 3mm side airflow. I love that atty, it's my daily. But it's also a 2 post design. With the demon cap you'd be getting more airflow, and larger clouds, and an easier draw. The velocity is kind of like the new kid on the block right now, I've been looking at it for a while, but my next vape purchase is going to be a mod before an atty. I say watch a couple reviews and consider both. If you don't like what you choose, it's only $13 gone, not $105-125$

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Last edited:

josh dieker

Jun 24, 2015
orlando, FL

dont get anything from fast tech every thing about them sucks not to talk about the 20 days before you get it.

cheeseofvapes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
what it comes down to is:

kennedy:
fixed airflow
domed chamber
different caps available

vs.

velocity:
infinite afc adjustments
extra indirect afc
2 post design

ive had the velocity for a few days and it vapes really well. very easy to build clean centered coils. top cap tab slot always center air holes onto the deck. i've come to enjoy these little features that make this rda enjoyable to use. kennedy is a nice rda if you want a straight-forward rda w/o having to adjust afc/top cap. i think its limited bc theres no adjustment but since aif flow is under the flavor is decent. everyones got different preferences though. YMMV

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
dont get anything from fast tech every thing about them sucks not to talk about the 20 days before you get it.
Your own personal experience does not equate to the experience being the same for everyone, there are dozens of members on this forum that order from FT on a regular basis and have no issues at all, myself included. You have to know what to look for, read the descriptions and reviews and know what you're getting in to.

Reactions: mr.fabe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread