Should I get a mechanical mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteakAndEggs

Dec 7, 2014
Mcallen, Texas
I've been using regulated devIces since I started vaping.. I went from ego, to mvp, to dna 30, & now I'm sub ohming on a sigelei 150w. I really enjoy the vape I get off of it, but I'm somewhat interested in getting a mech. Maybe it's just the aesthetics.. They look so cool to me lol. Could some of y'all give some input on why you use mechanical mods & some of the advantages and disadvantages of doing so?

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
You will need to understand, perhaps to a higher level than present... Ohm's law, battery safety, basic physics and decent math skills. You'll need to obtain a ohm meter/build box and a decent DMM... the latter of which you will use to test batteries and continuity/resistance of you mech.

Mechs require regular care if they are to perform to their full potential.

If you want... click on all three of my sigline hyperlinks - and read. If you still think a mech mod would be good to have... by all means, go for it.

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
I'm actually going the opposite way now :laugh:

Been using mech mods for well over a year, I do like the simple form factor and flush look with my toppers. But the last few months, I've only been buying regulated devices. I find the ability to adjust the watts throughout the day much better than having to do a new coil build when I fancy a different style of vape. Started off with an IPV, then a Hana, a couple of iSticks and I've just pre-ordered a 50 watt iStick. There's still a place in my rotation for my Reos though :)

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
well with the present assortment of vaping hardware you own, the only reason to get a mech is to have one.... you will need to understand Ohms law a bit better since you will most likely be wrapping your own coils ( no sense in using premade while you have the 150 boxer).. making ones own coils offers you the ability to tweek the ohms to get the best out of a mech... but that can be done on the sigelei too :)
mechs are "limited" by the battery voltage/amps. You adjust the ohms of the coil to get the watts you want...

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
There is quite a bit to learn about mech mods as far as battery safety goes. Back when I started I got several just because I was preparing for the vape apocalypse. I have since learned how to use them. Depending on what happens with vaping in the future mech mods, the ability to build your own coils, and learning how to diy your own juice will be worth it's weight in gold. JMHO every serious vaper should have a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread