Should I speed steep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aadavis94

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2014
Oregon
alien Traveler" data-source="post: 15928681" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
alien Traveler said:
Have you tried to use it as is? (means: are you sure it needs steeping?)
Yes I have. They have soapy or chemical taste that wasn't there when I tasted them at the shop

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
Yes I have. They have soapy or chemical taste that wasn't there when I tasted them at the shop

Try leaving the bottles open for about an hour or two. Like literally just pull off the cap, pull off the little dripper, and let it sit for an hour or two. A lot of times that soapy/chemical taste is from the built up aroma in the bottle. Airing it out can get rid of some of that.

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
I'm a big fan of letting certain juices "breathe" (bottle open for a couple hours), but not a fan of speed steeping at all. The added heat tends to change things with the juice that I just don't like. I can definitely tell the difference between a juice that was steeped in a dark drawer for a couple weeks, and one that was in a hot water bath for a couple hours... don't much care for the latter.

Reactions: nyiddle

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
I always try to avoid adding any heat to my juices. Heat causes the nicotine to break down and go rancid. It changes the flavor slightly. Heat can also break down some of the flavoring agents causing them to be weaker and not as flavorful. There is a good reason why every ingredient in ecig juice says to keep in a cool and dark place. Heat and sunlight is bad for ejuice.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I let them breath as was stated (24 hours). I also put my finger over the open top and shake throughout that time.

Then, I use a crock pot on the "low" setting for about 5 hours. Because of label loss, I put the closed bottles in ziplock baggies, only 2 bottles per and remove the air. It works in gaining about 10 days of steeping. Then they go into the cabinet awaiting me to finish previous juices. I get to the new stuff in about a week of 10 days.

So, for 10 days of steeping I get 2-3 weeks of steep. The crockpot just gets the process going.

I do have to say that different vendors sell differently (partially steeped/non-steeped) and I watrch for that.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
There is a good reason why every ingredient in ecig juice says to keep in a cool and dark place. Heat and sunlight is bad for ejuice.
The ingredients in ecig juice don't say anything. The ingredients are simply a list of the material within the ejuice. Material like PG, VG, nic and flavorings. You are referring to a storing suggestion. This is a different subject than steeping eliquid. Ask any pro mixer and they will tell you there are many methods to speed up the aging process of eliquid by simply banging molecules together. There are a hundred Internet threads on the very topic. After the liquid is steeped then you can follow the storing suggestions.

Last edited:

LobsterGoD

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2009
just let the juices breath/steep for a couple days let it breath for about 2-4hrs then make sure to shake them up every so often. I do it after each 2hr breathing session, and usually let them breath 2x a day. I've been doing this all the time with a few of my DIY flavors that just don't taste right immediately after mixing. Sometimes you only need one day of breathing/steeping to have a nice vapable juice. Granted the longer you let it steep the better it will get.

SirPapers

Moved On
May 29, 2014
Australia
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple identities are not permitted on ECF
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread