Should newbies start with something with 510 threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedsix

Aug 18, 2013
Indiana
Im a newbie myself. I've been vaping for about two months but I'm not completely off analogs yet. Making progress which is great. I'm about 75% off analogs but keep a pack around for security when my devices fail me in some way.

One thing I wish I knew was the fact that 510 threads seem to becoming more or less the standard. I bought a Halo k808 set as my first rechargeable set. It's fine but I wish I had gone with something 510 instead. Every other device I have bought since (Ego, Vamo) can use 510. My Halos are kind of orphaned now. I still use them but can't put the cartos on the ego battery which would be nice since I do enjoy a carto vape.

My my progress was fairly normal, gas station disposables, rechargable cig-a-likes, Ego, Vamo.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
510 for sure give you more options of toppers. Add to that that a lot of devices now come with 510 inside and ego threads outside and you pretty much have 85-90% of all the toppers for sale covered. I personally would always recommend a 510 / ego threaded device to all new vapers.

A lot of the other thread types are now proprietary - meaning you have to buy that particular carto / tank for refills.

Saying that, you can usually find adapters for virtually all thread types. So if you don't want to buy a new battery, but want to use a different topper, then you can do a quick google search for an adapter and you'll probably find one for a few bucks.

Amberina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
My Volcano Inferno has 510 threading but a lot of tanks etc don't work with them because they do not have the ego threading as well. I would recommend something with the 510/ego threading because that is pretty much the standard threading now on most delivery devices (tanks, cartomizers, clearomizers etc).

nova_did_it

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Glendale, AZ, USA
I think its a natural progression for a lot of smokers wanting to quit to start with ecig a likes. So they end up getting those with 808 threading. (I think that is what they are call) So there is a use for them. :D But with the natural progressing I would suggest getting a battery with both 510/ego threading so it is not limited in the many various tanks/cartos out on the market today. For me, I still have my Halo G6 starter kit. I actually use it once in a while and I will not get rid of it for when I travel on a plane. I like to keep my tanks empty so not to crack under pressurization, and having the G6's with cartos filled with my favorite flavors will get me through until I get to my destination.

nmackan

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Turkiye
How it vary from one to other. I did not intend to quit cigarettes. But within a few days I quit.(After 40 years hand rolling and some years ready cigarettes) No fuss about it. I see here some people going on smoking for a long time which amazes me. Because I know if they had chosen higher nic level juices they should not be able to smoke. Even if smoking less can be considered as a wanderful achievement you can do better my friends go to it dont deny your lungs from the benefit of pure air.

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
Im a newbie myself. I've been vaping for about two months but I'm not completely off analogs yet. Making progress which is great. I'm about 75% off analogs but keep a pack around for security when my devices fail me in some way.

One thing I wish I knew was the fact that 510 threads seem to becoming more or less the standard. I bought a Halo k808 set as my first rechargeable set. It's fine but I wish I had gone with something 510 instead. Every other device I have bought since (Ego, Vamo) can use 510. My Halos are kind of orphaned now. I still use them but can't put the cartos on the ego battery which would be nice since I do enjoy a carto vape.

My my progress was fairly normal, gas station disposables, rechargable cig-a-likes, Ego, Vamo.

You can buy an adapter for about 3$.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread