Status
Not open for further replies.

jrenae4

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
ES, MD
Well after frustration in not finding any (except one) juice I like (in 8 weeks lol), and being super stressed with work, and school, and just down right annoyed in general, I have relapsed on analogs this last week. And let me tell you, I feel like death worn over. I feel sick to my stomach, sore throat, stuffy nose, etc etc. Well today I'm getting fully back on the vaping wagon. Just thought I'd pop in for a word of encouragement or to encourage someone else having the same battle as me :)

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Revel in the smokes you did not have rather than dwelling on those you did.

I agree finding the right juice (preferably several) is KEY to success. If I might make a suggestion buys ampler packs from MANY different vendors and be sure to try some you don't think in a million years you will like. Doing it this way you get lots of small bottles of many flavors and not too much invested in ones you don't like. Hold onto the ones you don't like. You tastes will change over time and letting the juices age (steep) often radically changes the character of the juice. You never know when that one that sounded gross will suddenly turn into something you love.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start over again. You now know what the pitfalls are and you have the power to change the reaction to them.

Samples, as mentioned, are best. The learning curve can be steep. You can do it. Get some higher nic liquids for those stressful times. Just keep 1 tank, or whatever you use, devoted to that mg nic. When you feel like you need it, bring it out.

Remember too, cigs have a nasty tendency to not wanting you to let them go. As you move farther away from them, their hold lessons. Once in a while they want, NEED, your attention. Vape your higher nic during those times. I've heard the number 3 is when you kind of need to be prepared for those major nic cravings. 3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months. Your 8 weeks is pretty close to that three month mark.

Good luck! We are behind ya cheering you on. ;)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
it happens I went three years just vaping and then one day for about a couple of months I would have one on breaks because someone I was into was smoking...but after that, I quit again.

Holy crap! I just got through typing about the 3's being danger zones. Add 3 years to that list.

E_DeCastro

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
SOCAL, USA
Holy crap! I just got through typing about the 3's being danger zones. Add 3 years to that list.

mine wasn't a craving more of a "i just want to fit in with the ladies," that was a whole 'nother story. but I now after 4 years i seriously won't go back to smoking again. at the most it was 3 a day.

Nightcall

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
USA
I hear you. The first week and a half for me was " wow, this is kind of easy!", but the past few days more intense urges started creeping up on me, and I've been irritable and on edge. Vaping like a .... is definitely helping me of course, but I realize I still have a long road ahead of me. How long were you quit for?

The only thing I'll say, and this might annoy you lol, is stop being so picky about the juices. It sounds like you're looking for too perfect of a flavor and being obsessive compulsive about it.

Harlen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Charlotte Nc
It's ok
Stress can do that .
You haven't lost till you give up and your not giving up so just keep at it .
I started making my juice just for me ,I didn't like others juices to sweet to much TH can't taste it to strong
Now it's just right .
I find I like a 70 Vg &30 Pg including flavor Pg. but that's just me.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I woke up after having a nightmare last night that I had went back to stinkies. Even though it was just a dream, I felt like crap when I woke up and was disgusted with my mind for even thinking about it! Keep up the path to success, you will be fine.

I still have 7 packs of my cigarettes in the freezer. They've been there since Sept. of 2011. When I first started vaping I told myself that if I REALLY couldn't hack it, if I really just HAD to have a cigarette...I could. They were there. I'd bought a carton and only just gotten into it when my first e-cig kit arrived, that's why there were so many. Anyway, I did have thoughts of "oh, just go get a cigarette!" Especially in high stress situations, or when my equipment was giving me fits. But I didn't. I was too stubborn and proud. As a result the 7 packs are still in the freezer, and I've been smoke free for 2 years. But in an odd, twisted sort of way, just knowing they were there if I REALLY wanted them seemed to steady me and keep me on course.

I woke up after having a nightmare last night that I had went back to stinkies.
What is weird with me is that I smoked 2 PAD (sometimes more) for 43 years and I never, ever, not even once, "saw" myself "smoking" in any of my dreams ever in all that time. Not once. When I was asleep and dreaming, I was a non smoker...no matter what the dream was. After a couple of months of vaping...I DID dream about my PVs and did see myself vaping in my dreams. I remember one where I was making a big deal of admiring a red eGo type PV I had in my hand...turning it in all sorts of angles and feeling really happy. Odd. I don't now so much...but for a while there I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread