Status
Not open for further replies.

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
It's MY Birthday... but YOU get the Presents!!

celebrate.gif
thparty45.gif
cat-happy-birthday-27x.jpg
thparty45.gif
celebrate.gif

Well, it looks like I didn't get this posted on time for my Birthday yesterday (Sept. 10th) which is what I get for doing everything at the last minute!! And typical for me... always a day late, and a dollar short... LOL!!

Actually, I wanted to do this for my 2 Year Vaperversary/ECF Vet Day last month... but with the absence of a certain person from that thread and the Forum, my Heart just wasn't in it then... :blink: So I figured that my Birthday would make a good excuse to have it now!!

I thought that this time I would do things a bit different, and see if we can all get to know each other a little better... :2cool:

rulez.gif
Here are the Rules:

1) Only 2 Entries are allowed per person, and MUST follow the format below... Please make sure to # them, and anyone posting more than 2 entries will be disqualified!!

Entry #1 - Tell us how you found out about the ECF and how long you have been a Member... you can also include what it means to you, or how it has helped you out... or even if it hasn't.

Entry #2 - Let us know how long you had been a Smoker before finding out about ecigs... and how long you have been vaping... or if you are still having trouble making the switch.

2) Chit-chat IS allowed... but just be sure that your Entries are labeled as such.

3) Everyone is welcome to enter... including mods, Suppliers & their Associates, etc. :)

4) The Giveaway will end one week from today, on Tuesday Sept. 18th at 11:59pm PST. Winners will be selected by Random Draw and announced in this thread on Wednesday Sept. 19th sometime during the day...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Some of you might remember the Holiday Giveaway I had last year, and that one kinda took on a Life of it's own... :facepalm:
This is just a little quickie, but with 2 really nice Gifts... one for each year of my being Tobacco Free!!

First up is a Riva-T 1100mAh Starter Kit that I won from The Plume Room.
I was tempted to keep this one for myself... ;)

Riva-T.jpg

Starter kit includes:

Two (2) 1100 mAh batteries
Two (2) Riva tank atomizers
One pen holder
USB charger Wall charging adapter
Empty 10ml liquid bottle with needle cap
Giift box

And next is the Smart Pack Deluxe Starter Kit from Vapow that I just won recently.
This kit includes a PCC, and I chose to get the batts in Stainless because they just look so sharp!!

510-PCC.jpg

Package Contents:

1 x Smart Pack PCC (510)
1 x Smart Pack USB Cable
2 x Stainless SP Batteries (510)
1 x USB Charger for SP Battery (510)
1 x Gift Box
1 x 5-pack of V-Cartomizers (blank)

Each Gift received by the Winners will also include a Sample Pack of juice from Awesome Clouds!!
It consists of 5 - 6ml bottles in 18mg strength... 1 each of Peach, Sour Apple, Pineapple, Blackberry Tobacco and Vanilla Tobacco.

I am also including a genuine Bottle Buddy, too!! It is a handy, zippered case with a keyring attachment, that holds 3 - 6ml bottles of juice for taking with you on the go... :D

BottleBuddy.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Although the items posted above were indirectly provided by their respective vendors, they had been previously won by me in contests that were held by them, and were not supplied for this giveaway.

But if it were not for the generosity of vendors like them having contests here on the ECF, I would not be able to pass these things on to some of the other members!!

Please show them your support!!! :thumb:

The Plume Room | The best e Liquid & high quality e cigarettes and personal vaporizers.

VAPOW

Awesome Clouds eLiquid, Finest eLiquid for your Personal Vaporizer

Last edited:

priorities

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2012
wherever my daydreams take me
Thank you and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

entry #1-

I found out about ECF through friends and it has changed my life. I have not only found the best info but the best friends as well. I think it's one fantastic and special place full of wonderful people. I have been here since April. I think it's the best site for vaping anywhere. Thank you and a very Happy Birthday to you!

Happybirthday2.jpg

axolotly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2010
GA
Happy Birthday, music buddy! :)

Entry #1: Found out about ECF from my best bud Broseybrose and joined about 2 years ago. Broseybrose bought me my first e-cig (a Riva) to get me to quit smoking. It worked for a month or two, but dripping was the only thing that satisfied me. It just wasn't practical on-the go. Back to analogs I went for two years until this past Saturday. I love the friendly community here and how far out of the way folks will go to help out, give great technical advice, and poor on the encouragement! :party:

Last edited:

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Entry #1

I found ECF by pure chance. Don't remember the specifics, probably from Google search results when I was looking for info on something. It was nice finding a forum where I could actually discuss all of the products I was using, not just those limited to a particular vendor, without having to double-check all my posts in fear of getting deleted/edited. I didn't sign up immediately, but lurked as a guest for a short while at first. ECF has been a big benefit to me in terms of the vast well of information and the large network of reputable vendors, and also for all the great people I've interacted with here in the year I've been a member :toast:

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
Hippity Bird Day, SK!!!

Entry #1

I came to ECF via google the first day I tried an e-cig. That was a year and 2 months ago.

Sure, sure, ECF has either taught me directly or lead me to other places to learn a ton about e-cigs. And yeah, I've walked into many good freebies and great deals here.

But ECF has given me something way more special to me: a social outlet. My hearing has been going downhill for the last 12 years or so, and group social interaction has gotten harder and harder. E-cigs as a hobby and ECF as a vehicle has been a great opportunity for me to learn, teach, argue, agree, commiserate, and curse without the struggle I encounter in any verbal environment.

But, dang, I still gotta learn to type!!

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Entry #2

I smoked for about 15 years or so, ranging anywhere from a pack a day to 2.5 packs a day in that time span :blink: Started vaping just after the new year in 2011 on an overpriced rn4081 kit that had been given to me for Christmas. Saw the potential in it, but wasn't quite satisfied, so I started doing my homework and smoked my last analog at 6am (just before I left for work) on Feb 23 of 2011 and haven't looked back since! The first couple of weeks without stinkies were a little tough (the first day I was a nervous wreck from not having any ciggies on me), but I forced myself to stick to vaping only and actually found the transition pretty easy overall. I wasn't expecting to succeed in that transition, particularly in so short a time frame, I'd tried every method available to quit smoking in the past with results ranging from awful to atrocious . . . with vaping all I had to do was find the right juice and the rest fell into place :)

priorities

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2012
wherever my daydreams take me
entry #2

I have been smoking TOO long! At first it was an adjustment i HAD to commit to. little by little that morning cig i needed at first ..well the desire started to fade and the vaping satisfied that last urge. IF i have a stressful day I have had the desire but i fight it. I would not feel badly if i had to have one once in a while and don't think it's a bad thing for others as long as it you always go right back to VAPING!! IT's the greatest BEST thing i have ever done for myself! and thank you to the vendors and Spacekitty thank you again and a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you !!

animal-graphics-cats-161890.gif

graphics-happy-birthday-021374.gif

graphics-happy-birthday-985958.gif

Last edited:

BWhare

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
Indiana
Belated Birthday Greetings spacekitty

Entry #1

When I first began my search for an e-cig smoking alternative, I was a bit overwhelmed by what was available. I just wanted something that would work that wouldn't break the bank and eventually I found it. During the search, I was amazed at how often Google led me to ECF.

After I got my first kit, I started some serious research looking for answers to increasingly complex questions and now Google was sending me to ECF constantly. Well I put up with it, just reading my eyes blind all over the forum and eventually I felt the need to add some input.... so I registered, posted a few things to get past the initial blockade, then made myself at home.

It's nice to have a place to ask questions where, even if you feel like a complete idiot for asking, you're almost always met with serious encouragement and usually very good advice.

BWhare

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
Indiana
Entry #2

I began smoking in the summer of '67. About five years later, I quit (cold turkey) for nearly a year but eventually I went back. I smoked about a pack a day until this year but that was actually a large pack (25). In mid July of this year, I decided that it was time to order a kit. I'd looked at e-cigs in the past but they hadn't impressed me as anything more than marketing gimmicks. This year it seemed as though there was more available in terms of serious hardware and I had no intention of playing with anything remotely like a disposable toy.

When my first kit arrived, I gave it a shot and only had three smokes during the rest of the day. The next day I had three smokes but discovered that I was still reaching for a cigarette sometimes - so I put the pack in a drawer. With them out of sight, I just didn't bother smoking anymore. It took a few weeks to notice that I don't get out of breath as quickly but that was acceptable. My sense of taste, as far as e-liquids is gone but that's just a matter of time until it returns. I can see decreasing my nicotine intake to zero if I feel like it but when it comes to vaping itself, I do believe I've given myself a life sentence. A lifetime full of new shiny toys, that I can take as long as I want, to accumulate (which is a good thing because I can't afford to buy anything on impulse).

axolotly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2010
GA
Entry #2: I've been smoking almost 20 years. Got into vaping 2 years ago, but the technology at the time just didn't cut it for me. Started back up Saturday on an Ego Twist with a bunch of different brand LR Clearomizers and loving life (no cravings at all, but the withdrawals are starting to kick in- I can hang though :evil: )

Last edited:

dcav

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Texas Panhandle
Entry #1
I actually found out about ECF in 2010 when a friend and his wife bought "Smoke 51" ecigs from the mall. I was captivated by the idea, but I hate the mall and besides, surely I could one-up them. (no, I'm not competitive at all:p.) Naturally, I went to my #1 research tool, the web. I quickly found ECF and lurked here for quite a while before buying an 808D kit. Long story short, we all went back to cigs. Jump forward two years, and I decided that I really did want to quit smoking. I remembered ECF, so this was the first place I came. I have been a member since mid-July and cigarette free since 7/31. This is more than a source of info for me and has become a community of friends. Everyone here is great and SK has been one of the luckiest and most generous people I have met.

Mare1077

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
Miami, FL
Happy Birthday SK!!!!

Entry #1 -

I found ECF in August 2010 when I was researching ecigs for the first time. It helped me decide on my first purchases as well as troubleshooting and whatnot. Then I took almost 2 years away because I fell off the wagon and started smoking again. Of course, when I decided to try again June 1 of this year, I came back and have found an awesome group of people that are all so helpful when I have questions and also are just really wonderful to chill and chat with!

ECF is pretty amazing, but it is really only amazing because of the people! You all are great!!!!

dcav

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Texas Panhandle
Entry #2
I smoked a pack a day for 13 years. I did quit once, cold turkey even, but got myself into a stressful situation less than a year later and started again. At first, cigarettes would calm me down and help me focus, but I realized that like any addiction, I was soon needing the cigarettes just to get to normal, no benefits. I knew that cigs tasted like crap and never could stand the smell of stale smoke, but yet I kept smoking. I had bought a pack the morning that my first real shipment arrived, but as soon as I started vaping, I was over them. It took me nearly a week to go through that pack (didn't want to waste them.) I really had to choke down the last couple as I realized how nasty they were. July 31 was my first full day without, and I haven't looked back since. I am elated at my successes so far, but also feel as though I have just begun as I plan to work my way down to 0 nic. I feel more energetic, less like I'm self destructive, and definitely healthier.

Leothwyn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
N. California
www.ci-studios.com
Happy birthday spacekitty! And, thank you for the contest :)

Entry #1:
On another forum, which is totally unrelated to vaping, a thread kept popping up in the new posts. It had a title something like 'Goodbye Analog Cigarettes', which meant nothing to me. So I ignored it. Then one day I was bored and curious enough to finally click on it. Reading the success stories on the first page got me very interested, and I continued reading the thread for many days after (it was a long thread by then). ECF was mentioned, so I continued my reading here. Before that, I had heard of e-cigs, but didn't know anyone who used one and didn't take them seriously. How satisfying could inhaling steam really be? I suppose I assumed it was some kind of goofy scam or something. My reading changed my mind, and motivated me to give it a chance. This community has been a huge help since then (1yr. and a few months ago). I got advice on my first PV, and was able to quit smoking very quickly and easily. I've found advice here on every other step in my vaping experience since then - buying other equipment, DIY, etc.. Thanks ECF :)

Last edited:

Loveridden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
Schaumburg, IL
Happy birthday Spacekitty!!! :toast:

Entry #1

I found ecf googling for an e-cigarette forum. I've been a fan of forums for a long time so I thought that would be a good way to learn about e-cigs. And it was!! I have learned SO much from this forum, now I'm a vet and I have a lot of knowledge, I know what I like and don't like, I know I don't need the most expensive fanciest mods (doesn't mean I don't drool over them from time to time tho) and I have a bunch of juice flavors that I love. ECF has saved me a lot of money by pointing out the latest deals and sales. I've also saved money by doing pif, treasure chest, trades and sales of my own. ECF has helped me enjoy e-cigs to the fullest for my budget!! I've been a member for over a year now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread