Smok TFV4 TF-S6 coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

irisev

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2015
I just noticed that the hex coils are available for pre-order on FT. $20.46 for a pack of 5x TF-S6s.

Curious to see how these 0.4ohm units will rate compared to the quad and tri coils. It seems that currently most people rate the quad's flavour above the tri's?..

I currently run a Evic-VT (max 60w) and the hex coils are rated at 40 - 100w so of all three pre-built configurations, this coil may be the most suited to that mod? Look forward to finding out.

------------------

P.s. This is my first post so a quick intro about me:

I smoked cigarettes for 23 years. 8 months ago I came across a guy selling disposable EVO E-Cigarettes. Tried one out of curiosity and although it wasn't great, it opened me up to the potential of ecigs! So I started reading/watching reviews, reading forums etc and became a true vaper a month later. This is the path of tanks I followed since:

Eleaf BCC mega (from igo4 beginners' pack)
Pro-tank 2 mini
Aerotank v2
Subtank mini
Nautilus mini (liked the performance, but not the idea of ceramic coils)
Subtank mini 2
triton (my current daily)
billow v2
eGo one mega

I have on order:
Freemax Starre Pro
Uwell Crown
Smok TFV4

I live in West Africa.

Nice to meet you all.

---------------

irisev

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2015
Keep us posted. Would be interesting to know advantages/disadvantages.
Next up coil type i'd like to see is a stainless steel mesh coil where the coil is the mesh.
Mesh coil would be v interesting. Much increased surface area and so better heat dissipation through the wick - therefore even more flavour.

irisev

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2015
well the quads are basically a 4 strand parallel vertical coil, so Im assuming that the hex coils are just two strand parallels in the tri-coil housing.
Yeah presuming so too.
Thinking about it, the single strand (tri) coils are of a lower resistance (0.2ohm) than the dual strand (hex) coils which are 0.4ohm. I guess the hexes use higher gauge coils to achieve this increased resistance? Higher gauge = thinner coil wire = increased surface area = higher heat dissipation = more juice consumption(!) even though the power rating of the hex is lower.
Anyways, will be interesting to hear what @Night_mirror has to say about them flavour and juice consumption wise.

Reactions: Night_mirror

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
I just noticed that the hex coils are available for pre-order on FT. $20.46 for a pack of 5x TF-S6s.

Curious to see how these 0.4ohm units will rate compared to the quad and tri coils. It seems that currently most people rate the quad's flavour above the tri's?..

I currently run a Evic-VT (max 60w) and the hex coils are rated at 40 - 100w so of all three pre-built configurations, this coil may be the most suited to that mod? Look forward to finding out.

------------------

P.s. This is my first post so a quick intro about me:

I smoked cigarettes for 23 years. 8 months ago I came across a guy selling disposable EVO E-Cigarettes. Tried one out of curiosity and although it wasn't great, it opened me up to the potential of ecigs! So I started reading/watching reviews, reading forums etc and became a true vaper a month later. This is the path of tanks I followed since:

Eleaf BCC mega (from igo4 beginners' pack)
Pro-Tank 2 mini
Aerotank v2
Subtank mini
Nautilus mini (liked the performance, but not the idea of ceramic coils)
Subtank mini 2
triton (my current daily)
billow v2
eGo one mega

I have on order:
Freemax Starre Pro
Uwell Crown
Smok TFV4

I live in West Africa.

Nice to meet you all.

---------------
Welcome to the club.
Sounds like you got vaping in your blood.

Jonathanmickshearer

Sep 4, 2015
  • Deleted by Spencer87
  • Reason: spamming for post count

Jonathanmickshearer

Sep 4, 2015
  • Deleted by Spencer87
  • Reason: spamming for post count

TheVapingDuck

Moved On
Sep 4, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: New identity of previously banned member

Tydaddy

Dec 14, 2014
WV
I currently run a Evic-VT (max 60w)

At 60w, I don't even get close to a satisfying vape with the tfv4 (when using the tri and quad coils). I guess if you like a very cool vape, then 60 might be ok. But, for me 80 is where these coils BEGIN to start making vapor and flavor. The sextuple head at 60w is a little better though. Noticeably warmer at 60w with better flavor than the other 2 coils (@60w)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread