So when trying to decide on a new juice flavors, do you just read others and it's luck of the draw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sane Asylum

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2013
Maryland, USA
It is a crap shoot for sure in the beginning. As a newbie, I like it when vendors offer a sample pack.

It's nice to read all the reviews but when it comes down to it, it's a matter of personal taste. It's like people prefer certain restaurants or food products over others.

One of the things I've been doing now since I've gotten samples from a few vendors is when I spot a poster that likes a particular liquid that I also like, I take note of other liquids he or she may like that I haven't tried when considering ordering something new.

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
I read the description + reviews, search Google to see if anyone else mentions it and then I make the call. It's hit or miss when vendors do shoddy descriptions or those that give you "it tastes like a hint of sunshine in paradise" - I tend to click the "X" in the corner when I come across anything remotely close.

I don't expect vendors to give me everything that's in a secret blend (i.e. one they've work to perfect - Bobas Bounty for instance), but if they can't give me some clue as to what it *really* tastes like, I'm not buying, period.

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
Get samplers and read in the eliquid section. You will eventually read someone who likes the flavors you do. Ask questions --have you tried this etc. What I have found is some of the most hyped juices are rather nasty. That one I can't figure out, but everyone has different tastes. For me finding a flavor I liked was the hardest part so I learned to make my own. Even if you don't like a juice there are lots of ways to salvage it. Maybe dilute or add a bit of a different flavor, check the diy forum for more info.

Kandicat

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Well, I just ordered five 6ml testers from vapor chef. I got a little bit of everything. Some got good reviews, like Hobbes blood, another tobacco they sell and the chocolate banana, I think that's what it is. A couple more I took a chance. It should be interesting. I read the "what are using now" thread every day and take some from there. There seem to be a lot of repeats, which is a good thing.

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan

nmackan

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Turkiye
while trying I found my favorit liquid coincidently. After that I sampled every liquid I can reach mostly I thought as passable. Most of them did not. But since I liked cappucino taste with hokkah and my son bought which he thought a liquid but a flavor in fact. I use 4-5 drops on the liquids I did not like and I have several cappucino flavored liquids.

Bauk

Oct 16, 2013
Belgrade, Serbia
Thanks, next month I think I will try the Halo tobacco sampler.

Can't go wrong with them. Awesome e-juices... Btw, I do read a lot of reviews and watch a lot too on youtube. But as someone said in some of those reviews, you can never know what to expect from juice until you try it. Lately I tried two juices, that LOT of people from vaping community LOVE. Man, I couldn't stand the taste of it.

Best regards,
Lovecoach

Ainokea

Verified Member
Mar 11, 2010
Washington
Another note is your taste may evolve down the line. When i first started to quit smoking i wanted only tobacco flavors. I didn't even give any other flavor types a thought. After about a year of strictly tobacco flavor, i gave a fruit/tropical flavor a try and i found one that is my current go to liquid and haven't touched tobacco flavor for a while.

Also the mixture has a lot to do with it. Nic levels, PG/VG % can make a flavor overwhelming or very mild. But that is the fun part, trying it out then maybe customizing for me.

Macerate

Jul 1, 2013
Texas
Dorky Stud by Vapetrik. Look no further. All of Rip's juices are absolutely fantastic. Complex flavors. I have struggled to vape absolutely anything else but their juices for months now. DS and Khlorine are my go to juices. (Khlorine isnt a tobacco flavor though). He has 3 tobacco flavors on there. DS, Joe Kuhr and a new one named The Right Stuff.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I agree with Caridwen...
Best to buy samples to find your likes and dislikes. When I first began vaping I bought 30 wide ranging samples based on Vet's recommendations. Out of those 30 I liked 10. Immediately ordered another 20 and out of those I liked 10…so out 50 different flavors I enjoyed 20. Months later I tried those 30 samples that I disliked and enjoyed all but one. Whether it was because my tastes had changed or they needed steeping I don’t know. Realize also "same name" juices will vary greatly in taste from vendor to vendor as they all have diff recipes and order ingredients from diff Suppliers.
In those days a 30 ml bottle of juice was $22- if I had bought full sized bottles it would've been very costly and frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread