Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
Somewhere in PA on my Ultra Limited
Well there's a couple questions that are going to open a whole can of replies.

I didn't have much luck with Vivi Novas but do find the Kanger Protanks and the Kanger EVODs to work pretty well. I get the EVODs with Vision Spinners for folks just starting out. Gives a good vape at a reasonable price. I think the 1300mAh Spinners are ~$20 now and the EVODs ~$5. A pair of Spinner batts, a charger, a couple EVODs, a pack of replacement heads and some juice is a great kit to get started.

GinAndJewce

Jul 2, 2013
sf bay area
thx for the reply, ya i have been researching a BUNCH and just end up with more questions than answers usually lol. do u recommend any sites? so far discountvapors seems cheapest. i have a local shop with great juices and was lookin at the protank because they handle all the juices.

y do u recommend multiple tanks? just to have multiple flavors ready for anytime u get bored?

the evod and protanks both use bottom coils right? about how long do those last before needing a replacement if your a heavy user

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
I think the last time I picked some up I got a pair of Spinners and a chrger from Hoosierecig and the EVODs from Fasttech. Both EVODs and Protanks use the same replaceable coils so they are "repairable". The heads last at least a week for me (and are really easy to reguild - tons of youtube vids on this). I do recommend have a couple tanks not only for different flavors but also to have back-ups. If you have at least 2 if one goes down you still have 1 to keep vaping.

SASmith

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
Abbotsford, B.C. Canada
Everyone has their own preferences in juice delivery systems, the Viva Nova is a top coil clearo which gives you a warmer vape and the Kanger Protank and Evod are bottom coil which gives you a cooler vape, if you already have a Viva Nova you could give the Evod a try and see what you think. I really like my Ego Twists which are variable voltage, but I have heard that the Vision Spinners are great as well. Welcome to the forum.

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
have u guys ever heard of a battery causing your flavor to suck or lack flavor? i have this whiterhino battery and if i use any1 else's ego or whatever battery it tastes literally 100x better...

Every component of your vaping gear can impact flavor/vapor/TH. If you're using the same head on different batts and one tastes better it's probably a more powerful battery. If it's different heads (cartos or clearos, etc) that's probably the culprit. Interestingly though, the same setup that is great for one person may not work well for another (personal tastes play a big part in vaping satisfaction).

Snicks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Riverside, CA
I have both.

Vivi Nova - dependable and never leaks. Wick gets cruddy easy, but clean dry burn a few times...cheap to replace

Kanger ProTank - Awesome vapor/flavor, but leaks.

All Kanger tanks I have used (t2, t3, an protank) leak...I switch to viva nova after i get tired of wiping juice off by battery

I thought I'd chime in. I use protanks daily and I never have any leaking issues. Two reasons why most people have leaking issues:

1. They remove the flavor wick(s) (I've removed one or all flavor wicks in the past and each time I did so I had leaking issues into the draw tube. Now I put my own flavor wicks in when I rebuild my coils and I've not had any issues.)
2. They don't tighten the atomizer in the tank. (both of mine were loose when I received them. Once I tightened them up I didn't have leaking issues. If loose the juice leaks past the atomizer and onto the top of the battery.)

GinAndJewce

Jul 2, 2013
sf bay area
thx for all the input, yaa it was same head on diff batteries getting better flavors, just ordered a ego twist vv so ill update in like 5 days when i get it or whenever. for now i think i will wait for the batt n c if the nova satisfies me, so far on my friends' batts it was great, but i am curious to see the evod or protank

edit: also, what resistance coils should i b looking at? high res = more or less vapor?

jimrug1

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2012
Peoria, IL
The protank leaks? Guess I got a good one then lol.
Id go with a
Twist/spinner with an evod
Or
Vamo with protank or evod

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

You must have ...;-)~ I have not had good luck with any of the bottom coil tanks. I have two protanks and they both vape fine until the liquid gets down below the halfway mark. They then start gurgling and flood my batteries. I have changed the heads several times thinking they were defective. No change. I like the vape when they are working properly but not worth the hassle for me. Currently I am looking into the Pyrex Vivi Novas.

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
edit: also, what resistance coils should i b looking at? high res = more or less vapor?

Simplest answer on the resistance is that 2+voltage= ~8watts (most common power setting). For Spinner type batts I like ~2.0ohm (I usually get the 2.2 ohm heads) and then initial setting wound be 4.2v (adjust up/down for flavor in 0.1v increments). The other consideration is switch amperage (I think the twist type batts are ~2.5A) which means LR heads will never get to use higher voltage settings because the switch will limit current for safety. HR heads won't have enough voltage to push them so 2.2ohm (SR - standard resistance) is a nice usable medium.

SpinDr480

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I have enjoyed trying out new clearos/tanks as much as I have loved trying out new juices in my month long vaping journey. I have iClear 16s, iClear 30, iSmoka Mini, CE6s, T3M, Mini Nova, ProTanks and EVODs.

I thought the iClears and Mini Novas were the ticket, until I tried the bottom coil Kanger tanks (ProTank and EVODs). Today, I packed away all my other tanks and am sticking to 2 ProTanks and 4 EVODs. I don't get leaks like others say, and I just find the vaping experience a lot more consistent, the coils are easier to rebuild, no dry hits, and less parts to break or wear off.

glowplug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Lakewood, CO USA
It will depend on your battery. The eGo type batteries are usually (correct me if I am wrong, folks) a 3.3 to 3.7. I use the 1.8 or 2.2 coils on these. I did buy some 1.5 ohm coils but have no idea why now. :confused: I have a variable volt pass through battery coming and will try the 1.5 on that battery when it comes. I just keep looking up the ohm/watt/volt recommendations when I need to know what to do. I get very confused sometimes, but that's ok. At least I stay in my comfort zone that way!

S1LV3R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2009
Knoxville, TN
I vaped with the vivi novas both the vision and smoktech versions for many months. They had their issues but were way better than what i originally tried to vape on back in 09. Then i got my protank and man what a difference. I dont understand all the leaking and problems some users are having. i bought one from a vendor and 2 more from another vendor and all 3 work perfectly. Great flavor from full fill to almost empty. No burnt wicks, no gunkyness, no dry hits. I use the 2.5 ohm heads in them and remove one of the wicks as per PBusardi's suggestions and never have leaking or gurgling/flooding issues. Maybe its cuz i use 50/50 mix juice? i dunno.

Hope this helps some

My :2c:

Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread