Status
Not open for further replies.

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
Try your eliquid when you get it. If you are happy with the flavor, continue vaping. If you think it still needs a little time, steep it. It all depends on how you perceive the flavor, with the equipment that you are using.

Steeping times may vary, for you, for different flavors and vendors. For myself, I have found that creamy flavors, custards, and quite a few bakery flavors taste best if I steep them for at least two weeks before I try to vape them.

Most of the vendors that I order from mix the eliquids when I order. Once I receive them, if the vendor does not provide a "born on" date, I use a Sharpie to mark the date I received the shipping notification on the bottle label. This gives me a better idea of how long my eliquid has been steeping.

Reactions: Diver9543

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I've been spoiled by my vendor of choice for many years. All of their vliquids arrived perfectly steeped, and they won't even let them out of the door until they are.

Just one of the many reasons (including taste, price, speed of light shipping, etc.) that I stay with NLV (NiteLiteVapor).

dionysuskiss

Cloud Dancer
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2014
Dallas,Texas
Most of your more affordable vendors require steeping. They are usually made to order, and need a little time to blend, deepen, soften, etc. Like mentioned before, the heavier flavors, like creams or desserts or even tobaccos require more time. While lighter flavors like fruits and some candies, not so much. They may be in need of breathing, however. If it smells perfumey, or like alcohol FOOB, leave the cap off for a few hours, letting the fumes escape.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I expect every juice is unique, but approximately what range of time should the juice steep at room temperature?
depends on the juice... a NET needs months ( 6+) a cheap fruit flavored one a couple of days.... and btw steep is the wrong word, its age... one ages their juice, one steeps tea :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread