Status
Not open for further replies.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
The smallest I have is the 25ml size. I only use that size for really small 10ml test mixes.
These media bottles have plenty of head room for ample effect when shaking after the mix.

I have several of each of the different sizes that Corning makes.
25ml for 10ml mixes-
50ml for 30ml mixes-
100ml for 60ml mixes-
150ml for 120ml mixes-
And higher still for 480ml mixes.

Here is the link for the 25ml size.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004DGIGM6/ref=biss_dp_t_asn

Here is the list of all of them.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T2H5B9C/ref=biss_dp_sa1

Again, don’t go by the price there as you have to do what I suggested above about putting them in your cart and wait for the price to drop. It always has for me but it can take weeks for the price to go down. But who the heck wants to pay that much for bottles, if you can wait and get them for a fraction of the cost?

See my example below of what I paid for some of the 250ml size vs what they cost full price today.

Right now the 250ml bottles are going for $89- (BTW, this is still a cheap price compared to other online retailers)

i-kZWgzhZ.jpg

A while back I paid $28 for each of the two cases of ten that I purchased. That is about 1/4 of the normal price for that size.

i-mkBXzbn.jpg

Good luck and let me know what you think of the bottles if you decide to get any.

Thanks again. After all I've spent so far I'll wait till the price drops. Or look on eBay. I don't need 10 bottles at $10 each. That's the problem with products for the medical business, every is marked up CRAZY!

Reactions: Rickb119

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
Thanks again. After all I've spent so far I'll wait till the price drops. Or look on eBay. I don't need 10 bottles at $10 each. That's the problem with products for the medical business, every is marked up CRAZY!

I repair medical lab equipment. "marked up CRAZY" is an understatement! :eek:

Reactions: Mactavish

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
The smallest I have is the 25ml size. I only use that size for really small 10ml test mixes.
These media bottles have plenty of head room for ample effect when shaking after the mix.

25ml for 10ml mixes-
50ml for 30ml mixes-
100ml for 60ml mixes-
150ml for 120ml mixes-

Again, don’t go by the price there as you have to do what I suggested above about putting them in your cart and wait for the price to drop. It always has for me but it can take weeks for the price to go down. But who the heck wants to pay that much for bottles, if you can wait and get them for a fraction of the cost?

See my example below of what I paid for some of the 250ml size vs what they cost full price today.

Right now the 250ml bottles are going for $89- (BTW, this is still a cheap price compared to other online retailers)

i-kZWgzhZ.jpg

A while back I paid $28 for each of the two cases of ten that I purchased. That is about 1/4 of the normal price for that size.

i-mkBXzbn.jpg

Good luck and let me know what you think of the bottles if you decide to get any.

I have those bottles in my Amazon wish list, but I couldn't wait too long so I just won an EBay auction, I was the only bidder, got (5) - 50ml German Corning bottles for $34 shipped. I don't really need a case of 10. Now I need to find a few loose 25 & 100ml bottles and I'll be all set. No more leaky caps!

Reactions: jpasint

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Corning medical bottles are way out of my price range. I don't completely submerge my bottles i just fill the uc to just below the caps then I just stretch a rubber band through the basket and put the bottles between the rubber band to keep them upright.

jpasint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Coconut Creek, Florida
Corning medical bottles are way out of my price range. I don't completely submerge my bottles i just fill the uc to just below the caps then I just stretch a rubber band through the basket and put the bottles between the rubber band to keep them upright.
I don't submerge mine on purpose.
Just works out that way due to the depth of my UC.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York

Even with the caps above the water, the US action was loosening the polycone caps. Most likely as I upgraded to a 2.5L industrial model. It's made to be left on for hours. I set the water temp to 130f.

While these bottles are not cheap, they will be just what I needed and if they don't float with juice in them, I may just toss em in the wire basket. I'll test first with some food coloring. Supposed to be delivered this Friday.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Try the rubber band trick. you can also suspend the bottles in the tank that way.
Try the rubber band trick. you can also suspend the bottles in the tank that way.

I know the unit you have, mine is much deeper. I've played with stacking two baskets, rubber bands and chopsticks etc. But using a proper waterproof bottle to begin with for my time consuming creations seems the way to go.

Reactions: Diyguy

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York

25ml for 10ml mixes-
50ml for 30ml mixes-
100ml for 60ml mixes-
150ml for 120ml mixes-

i-kZWgzhZ.jpg

i-mkBXzbn.jpg

THANKS again for making me aware of these bottles. Yesterday I received my first EBay order of (5) 50ml bottles, today I expect the 2nd order, different seller, of (4) 100ml bottles. They look NEW to me.

Average price was $6-7 per bottle. They are actually cheaper, the shipping brings the average up. Most medical sites ONLY sell them in a case of 10, at about $10 bottle. And I didn't need or want 10.

But after receiving them, I realize why these are not cheap, best looking bottles I've ever seen. The glass is SUPER thick, the caps are thick. Since they are made in Germany, most likely these are real PYREX, not the cheaper Pyrex substitutes we now get in the USA, after Corning sold the name. The whole Pyrex thing is a subject onto itself.

Back to the bottles, these things are made for real science and medical work, and are PERFECT for our use in a ultrasonic cleaner, which does not get close to the heat of an autoclave machine but are designed to work in those as well.

I tested two 50ml bottles TOTALLY SUBMERGED in my industrial US machine for 45 minutes, with colored food dye in each bottle, NO LEAKS. I won't bother testing anymore, these are water proof, even with constant US action, the caps are secure, this is not possible with standard polycone caps, as I've tested previously.

I have not been able to find a smaller quantity of the 25 ml size, so they sit in my Amazon cart, hoping the price of the (10) case price comes down. The 25ml size would be perfect for smaller test batches. If anyone wants to split a case, PM me. 5 is all I would ever need.

So thanks again to "jpasint", these bottles are GREAT! The kind of product that will last so long, your grand kids will be able to use them, worth every dollar.

As of 9-1-2016, the 50ml bottles are still available, relisted:
Round Media Storage Bottles Corning PYREX Glass 50ml 1395-50 (QTY 5) NEW

Last edited:

JimzDogz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Pensacola, Florida, USA
After reading all pages (took me 4days to nailed it down), i gotta ask and hoping i can get the answer from the master in here...
Does different nicotine gave you different result?
Ive been GUCE'ng for 2month and i am stuck with my experiment for couple weeks now..
Lets say for my 1st experiment, im using dragon fruit tfa 3%, vanilla bean ice cream capella 7%, whipped cream 3%, and 3mg nicotine (NicVape), without using UC i kept it on my cabinet for 2weeks and color is darken quite a lot, taste great after that 2weeks..
After changing my nicotine (im using RTS) now, but still with same recipe, nothing has changed.. the color is still the same, only a bit yellow dark but not as good as my previous one, and didnt taste as god as my previous one... it happened with all other my recipes, i am starting to wonder if my RTS nicotine is the one should be blame, is it??
Color changes aint necessary i guess.. but lets take bavarian cream, cake butter, caramel, vanilla bean ice cream, sugar cookies and mix it all together and steep it for weeks, the color sure darken, isnt it?
I've read others havin the same problem regarding the color changes on previous post before, but mine maybe a bit different.. if you mix all those flavor i said and still get the same color after 2weeks steeping, isnt it a problem?? It will be different if you put blueberry wild with orange mandarin and pineapple together, sure the color wont change too much...
From what i've read, ejuice that contain nicotine will steep faster than the one without nicotine, isnt it? I meant "the cooking process will go faster than the one without nicotine" isnt it?
Please help me,, its been goin on for weeks and i keep blaming my nicotine without knowing whats going on..

To clarify; Non tobacco juice requires little if any steeping, depending on the mixture.
While juice containing tobacco flavors require steeping (some very long) depending on the type.
NET tobacco probably takes the longest to steep, (some into the months)
I hope I was able to help,

roniironii

Aug 25, 2016
hey all, thanks for your replies, the problem was the nicotine.. I changed to nicvape and no problem so far, wondering if the seller sold me bad stuff, it wasnt nicotine I guess, that kind of vendor must be terminated...
anw, uc does work.perfectly, but after uc you gotta let it steep for at least 1day so your juice will be much more blended and mixed evenly.. after uc I tried mine, then a day after that my juice tastes better than vaping it right after it came out of uc... so, no regret spending my bucks on uc..

Reactions: Mowgli

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
hey all, thanks for your replies, the problem was the nicotine.. I changed to nicvape and no problem so far, wondering if the seller sold me bad stuff, it wasnt nicotine I guess, that kind of vendor must be terminated...
anw, uc does work.perfectly, but after uc you gotta let it steep for at least 1day so your juice will be much more blended and mixed evenly.. after uc I tried mine, then a day after that my juice tastes better than vaping it right after it came out of uc... so, no regret spending my bucks on uc..

RTS sells decent NIC but it is a little on the harsher side. I wouldn't go as far as to say it's bad stuff just a bit harsher. Nicvape is milder so you made the right choice. Glad you found a NIC that works for you.

Reactions: IDJoel

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I'm still using the same $30 POS Harbor Freight USC that I bought 3.5 years ago.
I certainly wouldn't be able to vape as much as I do (15-20ml/day) if I didn't DIY.
USC 12-2016.jpg

I only give my own DIY an hour or so in the USC because I keep enough stocked for over a month. I try to give it about 3 hours when I make it for others because it's usually "can I get that tomorrow?" (or even tonight)
I leave it in the open glass bottles overnight or all day in the sneakerbox steep box then transfer to 60ml plastic bottles using a Wizard Labs glass funnel (perfect neck size). My steep box is lidded. A capped 120ml bottle standing inside keeps it ventilated just enough for air transfer but closed enough to thwart any possible flying intruders.
Steep & Supply Box 12-2016.jpg

I keep 8 bottles stocked in the box & 4 on my dining room table at my workstation to fill with or drip from. Twelve 60's seems to be the perfect amount of stock to get a good steep but get used before it passes it's peak. I'm just finishing 3 bottles from late October & early November. I also keep a bottle of 3mg unflavored knocking around to wring extra use out of low-use wicks when I run out of that flavor but can't rewick it yet.
Current Use Juice 12-2016.jpg

Thanks again for the great idea @bobalex :toast:

Last edited:

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm still using the same $30 POS Harbor Freight USC that I bought 3.5 years ago.
I certainly wouldn't be able to vape as much as I do (15-20ml/day) if I didn't DIY.

That's my situation too. Still limping along with my Harbor Freight USC and because I'm DIY-ing, can keep my vaping costs under the wife's radar. If I had to buy juice retail ... I don't want to even think about how much I'd be shelling out.

Last May I reached my vaping "Happy Camper" status. Great tank, coils, and mod(s) combo. I found a tobacco flavor that fits the bill. Dunhill. So between that and 555 I am on vaping cruise control.

Thanks again for the great idea @bobalex

Don't thank me ... thank my inherent impatience coupled with unbounded laziness. Luckily we already owned a USC. Otherwise I would have started experimenting with kitchen appliances. Mistakes would have been made that would be difficult to explain.

jose luis

May 17, 2017
Hello
Hello everyone, this is my first post, I write from Chile, here the world of the vape is growing little by little...

I need your help to acquire a USC, I'm looking for a good equipment, since I will also use it to clean other things like engine parts ..

First question; How important is the ultrasound power of the equipment? 100, 200 or 400 watt ultrasound, maybe for the amount of eliquid? Or at higher watt require less ultrasound time ....

Second question; What plastic material are these containers used by Dr Clark? I always thought that glass is better for the process and maintenance of an eliquid ...

Dr Clark Snake Oil:

dr_clark_ultrasonic.png

Thank you very much for your help.
Jose Luis.

Attachments

• dr_clark_ultrasonic.png
    dr_clark_ultrasonic.png
    452.8 KB · Views: 16

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Hello
Hello everyone, this is my first post, I write from Chile, here the world of the vape is growing little by little...

I need your help to acquire a USC, I'm looking for a good equipment, since I will also use it to clean other things like engine parts ..

First question; How important is the ultrasound power of the equipment? 100, 200 or 400 watt ultrasound, maybe for the amount of eliquid? Or at higher watt require less ultrasound time ....

Second question; What plastic material are these containers used by Dr Clark? I always thought that glass is better for the process and maintenance of an eliquid ...

Dr Clark Snake Oil:

View attachment 657949

Thank you very much for your help.
Jose Luis.

If you are going to use it for auto parts, you first want to consider the largest size part you may ever want to clean, this will determine the size of the US unit you need. Higher wattage, more cleaning power, larger tanks often have 2 or more transducers. Obviously, as the tanks get larger with more then a single transducer, they cost more. If you look back in this thread, not too long a go, I posted what I bought. I would be wary of all the nice looking "cheaper" Chinese models all over the Internet. While a tank is a fairly simple design, many Chinese makers don't follow basic electric standards, and many of the "test lab" labels are FAKE, as real testing certifications cost real money. Improperly wired devices could be a FIRE hazard. Shop wisely.

As far as "snake oil", never heard of it. Using plastic bottles in the sizes in the photo you showed, would of course be much cheaper then glass, not sure how long they keep their liquids in them, but in general, GLASS is always a BEST bet for any liquid storage, and all I use here, other then little plastic squeeze bottles for tank refills.

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
I too have been messing around with Ultrasonic Steeping. I bought this beast on Ebay for about $60 AUD. including delivery.
bpgfj.jpg

I do my juice in warm water about 30C and do not use the heater. After 4 X 20 minute cycles the juice is as good as. I let it breath for a day with the cap loose. I steep using a small glass jar about 60 ml at a time. I have had no problems.

A friend, having the same machine as I, steeped his juice using the same VG and the same concentrate as I but in a plastic bottle. He used the same procedure as as I the only difference being that the bottle was plastic. His juice was good for two days and on the third day lost all of its flavor. This has left both of us mystified.

Did the plastic bottle react to ultrasonics and add some compound to the juice neutralizing the flavor?
I did try to duplicate his efforts and used everything he used identical and my juice is still good after a month.

Has any one had issues of this nature?

Reactions: SlickWilly

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Not sure why there would be a difference, but plastic is known to absorb some of the ultrasonic waves, that is one reason why metal baskets are preferred over plastic ones, and are usually found on better models. The only plastic bottles I use are for my final carry 15/30ml's of juice. Keep the plastic out of the US.

Here is a decent overall info page on US cleaners:
Questions and answers about Ultrasonic Cleaning

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
Not sure why there would be a difference, but plastic is known to absorb some of the ultrasonic waves, that is one reason why metal baskets are preferred over plastic ones, and are usually found on better models. The only plastic bottles I use are for my final carry 15/30ml's of juice. Keep the plastic out of the US.

Here is a decent overall info page on US cleaners:
Questions and answers about Ultrasonic Cleaning
Thanks @Mactavish, yes the big beast I sent a picture of had a good metal basket. I personally suspect that the plastic also reacted and released something into the juice although when I did it nothing occurred to my batch. Totally bewildering.

Reactions: SlickWilly

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
If you get serious about using your UC for ejuice, consider buying the little Pyrex bottles as they are WATERPROOF. Since they are designed for medical use, they can be harder to find and expensive. I lurked on EBay until I found them at a more reasonable price. Most new, some used. I bought a few each of 25/50/100 ml. They should last a lifetime, and did I mention they don't LEAK!

If you scroll down on my blog, there is a picture of one on my scale:

Mactavish's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Reactions: Acer50
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread