Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadbeatJeff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
Rochester, NY
store.coilsociety.com
From what I've read, Infinite has the best Stingray clone, but I'm curious if anyone knows anything about the JD Tech model, which I've never heard of before.

Both are Brass with SS accents.

OK. I realize JD is the original manufacturer. Never looked into it 'cause never considered this for a long-term mod. Just need something to get me through a too-long wait.

Last edited:

Aviationrich

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2013
Amarillo
I have the infinite one and its great. I had a small problem with the button being loose but I was able to fix it without much work. It's been the only mod I've been using since I got it. uploadfromtaptalk1399084945251.jpg

Sent from behind the tree in your yard using instant pestering

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
I have the infinite one and its great. I had a small problem with the button being loose but I was able to fix it without much work. It's been the only mod I've been using since I got it. View attachment 331798

So, how'd you go about fixing the loose, wobbly firing button? Mine's too wobbly to stand upright without it leaning and making me nervous. Broke down the switch and cleaned it up and that fixed the "crunchies" but couldn't pinpoint the cause for the wobble. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aviationrich

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2013
Amarillo
On mine the bottom would move (twisting motion) side to side. The small pin inside was to small for the hole they drilled. I used some Teflon tape to "fatten" the pin up to make a nice snug fit. For the crunching sound your getting, maybe clean up the switch with some isopropyl alcohol and use a small amount of grease. That's what I did, mine was crunchy to and would stick on from time to time. All you need is enough to keep it slick, don't glob it on or it will get nasty with dirt and what not. I have some grease from my gun cleaning stuff, but you can find it anywhere really. Oil won't work that good (it gets runny) grease will stay in place pretty good.

Hope that helped ya!

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
I should clarify, I used the grease on the two sections that rub. The actual switch button and the section there the magnet and delrin attach. I can post pics if needed.

I gotcha, and see where that would really make the switch smooth firing. My switch has a lot of play in all directions it seems, instead of just side to side. Thought that little pin looked fine earlier when I had it apart but now you have me wondering. Guess I'll just take it apart again and check in a bit.

Thank you!

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Aviationrich

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2013
Amarillo
I gotcha, and see where that would really make the switch smooth firing. My switch has a lot of play in all directions it seems, instead of just side to side. Thought that little pin looked fine earlier when I had it apart but now you have me wondering. Guess I'll just take it apart again and check in a bit.

Thank you!

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

No problem!

DeadbeatJeff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
Rochester, NY
store.coilsociety.com
oh this thread title makes me sad :( i own all three authentic stingrays they are the absolute top of the top, perfect piece of craftsmanship.

hey, so sue me
:D

Never looked into getting a Stingray before, so how would I know.

I just need something while my group-buy Chimera is created and shipped.

Drizzledog

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2014
Gilbert AZ
oh this thread title makes me sad :( i own all three authentic stingrays they are the absolute top of the top, perfect piece of craftsmanship.

Have you tried any of the clones?

I have a brass infinite clone and an authentic red copper version. No load voltages between the two are the same. Yes the quality of the authentic is slightly nicer.....but not 3.5x nicer.

If this thread makes you sad, wait till you pick up a $30 stingray clone. Then you'll feel like I did when I got my authentic one.........

DeadbeatJeff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
Rochester, NY
store.coilsociety.com
I have 1 or 2 authentic mods on my radar, things I don't believe could ever be effectively cloned.

Also, one thing to keep in mind about authentic mods, especially limited-run mods, is that you can generally resell them for the full price or even more than you paid. I see it all the time in several groups I belong to.

DeadbeatJeff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
Rochester, NY
store.coilsociety.com
Getting this stingray for a couple reasons:
  • my current clone is sucking major anus presently
  • need something while I wait for this one mod, which I REALLY want, to come out
  • want something that can do 18350, as the prospective authentic I WILL get has a solid 18650 tube (just picked up some purple 350 Efests and a kayfun nano kit as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread