Strange Oily DIY Liquid - Where did I go wrong??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning Ladies and Gents,

I'm hoping someone will have some practical advice about where I've gone wrong.

I'm onto basically placebo levels of nicotine as I'm heading towards 0mg. This batch should get me around 3mg strength-wise.

I've mixed the following which seemed fairly non adventurous and I've got a very very oily aftertaste... Like cooking oil. It's not pleasant to say the least...

Here goes.

First off I have 100% VG liquid that I diluted with vodka 80/20.
100% PG
Strawberry Flavouring
Menthol Flavouring
- All from GoForSmoke.com

+ 18mg Double Apple DeBang (75/25 PG/VG I think...)

I made up 30ml in the following quantities (using an app).

5ml (17%) of the DeBang
15.8ml (52%) PG
6.3ml (21%) of my diluted VG
1.8ml (6%) Strawberry
1.2ml (4%) Menthol

I've mashed about with it a couple of different ways but I'm still getting this oily taste. And it's only from using the new stuff from GoForSmoke so I'm assuming the PG/VG mix is the root of the problem.

Also its been suggested that the liquid needs time to settle. Is this true?

Is the problem simply the fact that the VG isn't bonded properly to everything else and just needs time??

wllmc

Moved On
Oct 29, 2013
colorado springs co
it may just be the flavoring. looked at the site doesnt really say whether its pg or alchol or what. maybe i missed it. juice in most cases needs to steep to bring out all the best flavor. this might be better posted in the DIY section where alot more people who DIY tend to hang out. never used go for smoke flavors so couldnt really say

I've made up a batch without using the vg completely. It is definitely the vg that caused the issue. I'm ok with the strength of the menthol as I find it helps with the hit that used to be there with the nicotine. I've been adding a tiny bit of the failed liquid to the good pg mix so it's not a total bust. But long story short, the vg is the problem. Trial and error I guess!

Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread