Status
Not open for further replies.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Pretty much all subohm tanks drinks juice. Some more than others. In my experience, the larger the wick holes and the better the tank wicks, the higher wattage you can run the tanks on and the more juice it uses. For the Subtank series, the new vertical OCC's, with their larger wick holes, goes through juice quicker than the older style horizontal OCC's.

I go through probably about 7-8 ml of juice a day and I am currently using Subtank Minis, Atlantis 1 and 2 and the Triton.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
+1 on what @jseah said.

If I were to use my UWell Crown subΩ tank all day I would be going through +30mls/day (0.3Ω coil at 70 watts). I hear that this coil can even go higher. I won't be able to try this until I get a higher wattage devise.

I treat this tank like a desert (i.e. I don't use it all day).

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
It drinks a lot more juice than my Aspire Nautilus, but no where near as much juice as my Freemax Starre consumes.

I would go through 4-5ml per day with my Nautilus using it exclusively.
I would go through 8-10ml per day with my Subtank using it exclusively.
I would go through 25-30ml per day with my Starre using it exclusively.

Fortunately for me I don't use any of my subtanks exclusively. I'll use them, but my Nautilus is still my primary tank.

Reactions: dcfluegel

Traijan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
USA
Yup it gobbles down an alarmingly high amount of juice. I'm tankfull ( ;) ) that by the time that I was interested in sub ohm tanks and buy the time that Kanger put out their Subtank I was vaping less.

What I'm saving in wrapping my own coils and re-wicking with CVS $0.88 bags of cotton, I'm spending on more liquids. The next logical step would be to DIY the juice myself.

I guess I should be thankful that my lung capacity isn't that huge so a subtank mini set between 15 and 17 watts using a 04 ohm coil and I can only hit it for about 4 to 5 seconds and I don't chain vape anymore as that just makes me cough from all the humidity of vaping.

Nikea Tiber

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2015
I think that it can be difficult to compare the juice consumption between different people.
That being said, I think that it is pretty correct to say that wattage consumes juice. I'm running the OCC ni head on my new subtank plus (its got the improved airflow base and v2 rba, still would like to compare it to the STM sometime), and running temp control so I'll be interested to see how that changes my juice consumption as the coil will heat then use far less wattage.
I still feel that the OCC half ohm coils are more efficient than a dripper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread