Status
Not open for further replies.

BrutalAndroid

Mar 15, 2010
California
Ok, just to get it out of the way, I am fairly new to vaping (since January 2010) and very new to the forum, this is my first thread.

So, I just got a TW Tornado in the mail, this past Saturday, to be exact. I opened the package, immediately read the manual, and have been strictly abiding by the manual from day one. This is only my second device, and my first "dripping" experience. I did what I had read should be done on a new 510 atty, blew it out, primed it with juice, alternate attys every day, etc. I have been exclusively dripping since getting this device, and have been getting great results. I have been blowing the attys out every night, letting any excess drain over night, prime with about 3 drops in the morning, and top off with no more than 2 drops at a time whenever needed throughout the day. Last night, I was vaping on it, took 3 or 4 drags, set it down for roughly 15 minutes, then picked it up again for a couple more drags, but it was lifeless. It did absolutely nothing, it was cold. I do not own a multi meter, so I can not check to see for sure if it's dead. Is there anything else I can do to determine such a thing? Is there hope for revival, or should I just see if TW will replace it?

For anyone kind enough to read and respond to my post, I am very grateful, and I am sorry for the novel I have written above.

Thank you in advance,
- Andrew

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Ok, just to get it out of the way, I am fairly new to vaping (since January 2010) and very new to the forum, this is my first thread.

So, I just got a TW Tornado in the mail, this past Saturday, to be exact. I opened the package, immediately read the manual, and have been strictly abiding by the manual from day one. This is only my second device, and my first "dripping" experience. I did what I had read should be done on a new 510 atty, blew it out, primed it with juice, alternate attys every day, etc. I have been exclusively dripping since getting this device, and have been getting great results. I have been blowing the attys out every night, letting any excess drain over night, prime with about 3 drops in the morning, and top off with no more than 2 drops at a time whenever needed throughout the day. Last night, I was vaping on it, took 3 or 4 drags, set it down for roughly 15 minutes, then picked it up again for a couple more drags, but it was lifeless. It did absolutely nothing, it was cold. I do not own a multi meter, so I can not check to see for sure if it's dead. Is there anything else I can do to determine such a thing? Is there hope for revival, or should I just see if TW will replace it?

For anyone kind enough to read and respond to my post, I am very grateful, and I am sorry for the novel I have written above.

Thank you in advance,
- Andrew

Since you're dripping, the first thing to try is to clean off the threads and connections on the batt and the atty. Also see if the center post on the atty is centered and there is no break in the silicone that separates the two poles - that 'clear' area around the center post on the atty. Also check to see if when fully charged, the led on the switch still works. While it is considered good for dripping - as is any manual sealed batt, ejuice can still get in through the switch if it's getting really sloppy with ejuice.

TW's warranty is for 28 or 30 days and should work if the atty is gone. Or battery, if that's the case. If the battery is good, I'd personally soak the atty in high proof Vodka for 30 minutes, blow it out, dry, prime and vape. But you'd be on your own on that. There are so many atty cleaning solutions and while I know mine works for me, there is always a danger of it not working. I only do this on attys that have lost performance or appear dead. I don't 'clean' attys regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread