Not open for further replies.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
To be honest not completely sure.
Without knowing what mod you have we can't really give you good safety advise or give you links to videos to watch so you can learn how to use your new setup.
  • Is it mechanical or regulated?
  • Does it use 18650 batteries, if so which batteries are you using (brand, mAh, amp)?
Post a picture of the mod.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Innokin makes some good products. Knowing specifically what you have as far as the mod (battery) or tank would help. I can tell you this though. Most people who move from starter kits to sub ohm vape cut the nicotine content of the e juice in half or more.

The rule of thumb is "the better the delivery device the more juice consumed and therefore more nicotine ingested." Too much nicotine can make you ill. Search Results for Query: nicotine sick | E-Cigarette Forum Dizzy, stomach sick, headaches are some of the symptoms. From what I've read in the forum most people who sub ohm do so at 6 mg or lower e juice. Sub ohm tanks consume much more juice than the iClear 16 you've been using, a lot more. If you have juice, you can always buy the same flavor in a zero nic content and mix the two equally together, cutting the final mixture of nicotine in half. (for example 30 ml of 12 mg juice + 30 ml of zero nic , mixed together will yield 60 ml of 6 mg juice.

Not knowing what kind of power you are using it's difficult to advise. But there is another rule of thumb for vape : The rule for ANY vape device is the same. Start with low power, take a draw and add more power (wattage/voltage), then take another draw. Repeat as necessary. If your vape gets too warm, tastes funny, or starts to taste burnt, back it down.

If you can find markings on the mod or tank, or even a picture of it I am certain someone like the others above me could help you exactly with what you have.

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
Sorry the cf mod is made by aspire , but very similar to the innokin fixed battery that comes as a kit , I have the tank and love it....simple and excellent Vapor/ flavor. You should have no problems with your kit but others will come in and post that are familiar with the aspire . upkeep is simple....charge your battery, replace heads as scheduled maintenance

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
So my mod and tank were all apart of one kit and shouldn't have any problems? And as far as parts to regularly replace and care for I can find on YouTube? What should i be referring to my kit as to better research and help people learn what I'm using?
Mod = Aspire CF Sub Ohm battery
Tank = Innokin iSub tank

Youtube has many reviews on these. The tank is a clearomizer and uses stock coils which will need to be replaced from time to time.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
I know you said usually you should cut down nicotine liquids but currently it has a 16mg liquid in it simply because I just bought it today and it's all I have to rest with. Is this why my hits have been harsh
More vapor per/hit = more nicotine/hit. That's why vapers reduce their nicotine level by 50% (or more) when they move to a subΩ coil or vape at higher wattage.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Gah you guys are so much help!! One last question. I know you said usually you should cut down nicotine liquids but currently it has a 16mg liquid in it simply because I just bought it today and it's all I have to rest with. Is this why my hits have been harsh or is it just Gonna take some getting used to coming from my iclear?

watts and mg go together
for a rule of thumb estimation
watts x mg = 100.
so 16mg would be about 6 watts.
If you are vaping at 20 watts, then you want something more like 5 watts

Reactions: GlacierBabe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread