T-Rex kit ... Should I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dchest02

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Muskegon, MI
In my experience with the T-max I got varying results. I bought two of them, one worked great, the other not so much. The one that I had problems with would hit weak, like the carto/atty wasn't making full contact with the firing contact. The thing is sometimes using the same carto would deliver different results. Sometimes it would hit great, other times it would hit weak. I would pull the pin on the carto, and it would work fine for a while, then back to hitting weak. Way too much fiddling for what I wanted then. The one that worked great still works like a top.

Another thing is that the T-Max is HEAVY! With an 18650 battery it weighs in at over a pound.

Just my :2c:

Baycitypuff

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2013
Bay city, mi
I don't think $49.99 is that pricey. And I want something that's variable with the batteries and the charger all in one pack. I'm using evod/1100 batteries right now.

I figure by the time I buy a mod case, battery and charger from someplace I'll be past $50 anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited:

Baycitypuff

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2013
Bay city, mi
In my experience with the T-max I got varying results. I bought two of them, one worked great, the other not so much. The one that I had problems with would hit weak, like the carto/atty wasn't making full contact with the firing contact. The thing is sometimes using the same carto would deliver different results. Sometimes it would hit great, other times it would hit weak. I would pull the pin on the carto, and it would work fine for a while, then back to hitting weak. Way too much fiddling for what I wanted then. The one that worked great still works like a top.

Another thing is that the T-Max is HEAVY! With an 18650 battery it weighs in at over a pound.

Just my :2c:

Probably should go for the itaste v2? I want a walk out the door kit - mod battery charger for $50 ish.

SimianSteam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
The Jungle
Probably should go for the itaste v2? I want a walk out the door kit - mod battery charger for $50 ish.

I love my iTaste MVP 2.0. Love not having to use a separate charger. That being said, the higher amp limit of the Zmax circuit is nice. I've got a Zmax v3 that uses the same electronics as the TRex and it kicks some serious .....

If you vape LR stuff then the MVP will be great for you. What attys/cartos do you tend to use?

Busted knuckles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
Portland, Oregon.
Fastech has a vamo kit for under $50 right now. I just found it for a friend that wants to get into vaping. For the price, a vamo is hard to beat, it's what I started with. That being said, I've had my eyr on an MVP for a long time, I just can't hang with the size and weight of it. I want big power in a small mod.
If you have the bucks, a segeli zmax v3 is a nice mod. it's my current "at home" mod, but it also travels well in 18350 mode.
Good luck deciding, I know it's hard with all the devices out there, but You'll never regret getting the better one!

Criticalmass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I love my iTaste MVP 2.0. Love not having to use a separate charger. That being said, the higher amp limit of the Zmax circuit is nice. I've got a Zmax v3 that uses the same electronics as the TRex and it kicks some serious .....

If you vape LR stuff then the MVP will be great for you. What attys/cartos do you tend to use?

This is now on sale for $39.99.. Apparently Sigelei decided they did not want to miss out on the MVP 2.0's wild success at the $40.00 price point.

Though it doesn't have an OHM reader which is one of the big reasons why I got the MVP 2.0

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
in my experience, i have had better luck with sigelei products than innokin products- you should look at the sigelei zmax v5 at vaportek for $60.99. it is the newest version of the zmaz with the removeable top cap and new display/menu system. i have had the v3 for a year and it hasn't missed a beat. i have had the v5 for two months and it is even more impressive. in a pinch, the v5 can charge your cell phone but i wouldn't get it just for that- i'd get it because you can use any battery (18350,18500, or 18650-button top or flat top) without having to switch tubes- just unscrew or screw out to whatever length you need. in the 18350 configuration it is very pocket or purse friendly. it is solid, easy to maintain, and you can add any device on top without an adapter. take a look..... it may be a little more than the others but you get what you pay for.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread