tank compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimran73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have two eGo batteries. The first one I got was a starter pack CE6. The second one was a 1100 twist. I enjoy using different juices throughout the day. Currently I have 3 tanks, the one that came with the CE6, then two larger tanks (don't remember brand). The larger tanks work on both batteries but I found out yesterday that the original CE6 tank did not work on my twist. It fit and screwed on tightly but nothing happened. I thought maybe it was broke so I tried it again on the CE6 and it worked fine. I just put in an order for some new tanks so that I can have several filled with different flavors that I change up during the day. Now I'm worried that they wont all work. I also ordered a new VOT variable volt eGo passthrough. The tanks I ordered are: RBC clearomizer (looks like the CE6 one), ARO bottom coil tank, eGo 510 dual coil tank cartomizer, and Vision eGo Clearomizer. (Yes, I wanted many styles and colors lol). Can anyone tell me if these will work.

There are so many products and accessories I tend to feel overwhelmed and being a newbie not quite sure what's what. Thanks for any help

Last edited:

kimran73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I tried cleaning and dry burning the clearomizer and the coil burned up. So, I think that was the problem. The coil was going bad and couldn't handle the larger volt of my twist. I'm now looking into replacement wicks and coils. I know this would be cheaper than buying new clearomizer but not sure how easy it is to put back together????

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
From the pictures I am seeing of the CE6, top mouth piece, bottom cap with air tube and atty head, tank tube, and atty head dissassemble. This is similar in look and design to the Innokin iClear16. Head replacement is pretty straight forward, pour out as much liquid as you can after removing the mouth piece into an unused bottle or back into your bottle for that flavor, then remove the bottom cap with the air tube and atty head, rinse all the parts or wipe them off with some paper towel so this isn't messy, then twist the atty head off the air tube, put on the new atty head firmly, then re-assemble the bottom cap with air tube and atty to the tank tube, refill with juice, put the mouth piece back on, let sit a few to soak in juice into the atty.

The RBC Clearomizer, hmm, interesting design. Hard to tell as the air tube is the same color plastic as the tank, but a novel design using a Kanger style BCC coil head assembly, basically a 3 piece unit. Still it is Ego Cone Skirt threaded, should work just fine on any Ego Threaded device. The ARO, seems like a nice tank even I have been looking at, it is glass sheathed in metal, an alternative in look and design to the Kanger MT3, Kanger Mini MT3, Kanger MT3S, Kanger Mini MT3S, and Kanger EVOD, which the Kanger models listed are plastic tanks, so the ARO can handle juices known to melt, etch, and crack plastic tanks, (cinnamons, citrus, licorice flavors, etc). The Vision Ego Clearo, is just another copy of the CE6 you listed, just a different name ;) . The 510 Dual Coil Tank Cartomizer, you'll need a cartomizer tank for these, especially if pre-punched or pre-slotted on the sides, these holes in the cartomizer tube soak liquid out of a carto-tank into the carto itself, have to pre-prime the carto with liquid before putting into a tank, enough liquid to where it starts seeping out of the holes, then insert into the carto tank to where you have a small gap at the top of the carto before fully seated, a syringe, carto-tank filling tool, or needle cap for a juice bottle help immensely here, fill the tank up to the top of the carto, then seat the carto-up into the top of the tank, attach you drip tip and go, any 510 threaded device will work with this carto-tank as it uses the cartomizer's threading to attach to, most Ego style batteries have 510 threading, Ego threading is the larger outer threads, 510 are the smaller inner threads of the connector.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
If the tanks and batteries are all 510/ego connections, which seems to be the case from your posts, the will all work with each other. That said the connections can sometimes be a bit flaky, often caused by over tightening. Also the manufacturing quality can cause problems where the contacts don't touch reliably. A simple fix I've used is adding in a 510-510 shorty adapter, improves the connections...:)

If you get replacement coils, be sure they are the ones made for the model carto you have. They are very simple to unscrew, replace and re-assemble...:vapor:

kimran73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thank you for info. I was just looking at blog about tank terminology, what's what and how they're used. Didn't realize what I was getting with the cartotank but that's okay, I think I want to try this to see if I like it. That's the fun part of being newbie, experimenting with different things. The thing with the cartomizers that gets me is that what those "gas station" brands use and have not liked those but I think with being able to add more juice, they'll be better. Now the, oh so terrible, part-I have to get some pre-punched carto's and proper supplies for filling. Oh how I hate buying things lol. Well, I do hate spending money but I'm enjoying my new hobby :D

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Well if you have ever refilled a basic cartomizer, a carto-tank is just an evolution of usage with them. Cartos in a tank can last upwards of 2 to 3 weeks as they rarely get dry as they have a constant juice supply. I have several that I use and they are great accessories to a carto system to say the least, and excellent performers using the Carto as the atomizer and such which most cartos produce good vapor, throat hit, flavor they mute it a little bit, and with a tank it is easy to refill, just nudge the carto down with enough room to get juice into the tank, top it off to the top of the carto, reseat the carto again. But yes, vaping has a whole world of different experiences and toys, just be careful and don't chase the rabbit or it can get expensive, but a fun hobby, speaking from experience on the "Ooh, new bling bling...where my card at, gotta have that one", lol. Enjoy your trip, and welcome to the community =)

kimran73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Ok, started watching youtube video on how to replace wick and coil, not hard or anything but seems like a hassle. I then looked at cost of just replacing coil head vs new clearomizer. Yeah, think I'll just stick with getting new clearomizers. At least for now. Might also like carto better after trying so who knows what I'll end up with.

Someone warned me on my first post to hide my debit cards. Damn, should have listened lol. Still though, I know I'll save big money in long run over smoking. I may be getting new better job and am kinda scared if I do. I'll have a lot more money to play with :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread