Tank Help! Pics Appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm still rather new to vaping and just recently ditched the E-Go style I had (it was a finicky bugger anyways!) and ordered an iTaste MVP 2.0. While I have no idea exactly what my goal is for vaping I'm looking for some suggestions for a decent starter tank that is reliable and has some room to tinker. I choose the iTaste MVP 2.0 because the price was good and I have the ability to tinker with voltage and wattage and still check ohms and such. Now I'm looking for a similar tank that isn't too far advanced but room to play with air flow and such. I think I'm interested in the Nautilus Mini by Aspire and was wondering if anyone had any pics with the MVP and Mini Nautilus, does it look silly on such a large square mod?

ktez71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
WI
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416798917.636379.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416799008.684390.jpg

Here's a Nautilus full size and a Mini on an IStick for comparison, I know an MVP is bigger but I don't have one to show pictures. Hope this helps a little anyway.

I was thinking the smaller tank would be more ideal for me as I like to change flavor often and don't mind carrying around juice if I'm out and about for awhile.

The pics look great, I appreciate the comparison.

EDIT: Are there any design differences that would make you want the original Nautilus over the mini besides the larger tank?

Last edited:

Fattlestar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Ohio, USA
I have both, and I use the full sized nautilus for my favorite flavors, and the mini for swapping flavors/coils more often. The bigger version is really just for capacity - if you have a flavor you love and will want to vape every day, it's a good buy. No design difference that matters to me, so far, if that helps.

The mini looks great on the MVP2, particularly IMO with the MVP's beauty ring instead of the ego cone that the Mini comes with. Full size looks okay too, same deal, prefer the MVP's ring. Mine are drying after a wash right now so I can't post up pics at the moment.

Side-topic, the full size nautilus looks pretty silly on my iStick, but looks right on my MVP.

Also worth noting that I threw looks out the window recently. Both the MVP2 and the iStick have notoriously weak threading and center pin issues, and so I use a 510-Ego adapter on the iStick, and an Ego to Ego adapter on the MVP2, to protect said threading and center pins. I would suggest the same to anyone owning either device if they want to get the most longevity out of them.

Also, I'm so getting some aspire K1's. Great size and price point. Maybe look for a good deal on black friday/cyber monday and grab two to four of them even!

Fattlestar you are a life saver! I think I'm going to order tomorrow. I'll probably get the mini (or two) as I'm still new to vaping and I haven't tried enough juices to have a favorite just yet.

PS If you could get pics after drying that would be awesome. I'm a little OCD and so I've been searching for pics and videos to cover certain angles. If I had a local vape shop I'd just ask if I could mount the tank but I live pretty far off in the middle of nowhere.

Fattlestar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Ohio, USA
I did the same and found very few pics of a mini on an MVP when I was searching for the right setup, so I understand. I'm a terrible photographer, but here are some different shots of the MVP and Mini. Please ignore the random produce and blurry camera shake. Shots of the MVP2 and Mini, iStick and full size, and MVP and full size. Note that I did not torque them down, so they won't look exactly flush. This is with the MVP2's beauty ring, not the Nautilus'.

The mini is empty and the full size has pleasing peanuts flavor in it. Yum.

aVkJmBd.jpg
k7GEphn.jpg

9QuD3H5.jpg
7arIAPt.jpg

mFVb8mF.jpg

As you can see, the Mini is pretty much the exact match for the MVP's native beauty ring, and it certainly doesn't look small as a topper.

Also, you may want to order just one to see if it's the right clearo for you. It is slightly more "fiddly" than say, the Aspire K1 would be. So it would be a shame if you got two and then found out it wasn't the right clearomizer for you - heck, you might even prefer the Kanger Aerotanks. But, if you're going on NO backup tanks right now, then yep, maybe two, because you should always have a backup.

Last edited:
My MVP comes with a iClear 30 I believe. The mini looks great on the MVP! I'm rather impressed I thought it would be too small. Next to each other it almost makes the original Nautilus look too big to be on the MVP. I'll probably order another tank after Xmas as a college present to myself since I start in January, would be a shame to break one in the middle of that stressful month.

_JB_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Michigan
I would recommend the Protank2 mini and the Protank2. These single coil tanks are very easy to rebuild and vape extremely well using cotton wicks. I have Aspire and Kanger duel coil tanks too but they don't see much use because they are near impossible to rebuild and the stock coils do not work nearly as well as the ones I make myself for the Protank2's.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I have the MVP2's & both sizes Nautilus tanks. The MVP'S are both 510 & ego threaded. Both tanks look great on the MVP's. I do recommend getting the hollowed out steel tanks for them. The glass tanks are just too quick to break if they fall over, & are kind of a pain to get the bottoms off to fill. The hollowed out tanks are 2 pieces, instead of 3-4 like the glass ones, & easy on, easy off. Just don't vape them down past the last ¼ tank. The vacuum makes them harder to unscrew. That goes for the glass ones too. I'm on tapatalk so can't post pics, or I would.
I also have the K1's, but they don't have an adjustable airflow & the draw is a little tight for me.
And the BVC coils are fantastic!

Last edited:

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Yes! And the latttice pattern on the Mini is a little different. Love these! Use the base, coil, & drip tip; toss that glass, chimney, & top to the unit. Issues solved. But you still can't go past that last ¼ tank of juice or you'll need a towel & pliers to get the bottom off to refill. But the vacuum is one of the things that makes those coils wick so well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread