The Battery Or The Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluejay62

Aug 9, 2015
So I just bought a new efest xsmart charger from a local vape shop, when I got home I put my battery into it and it didn't charge it just stayed as a green light. So I started thinking it was my Battery because I just recently bought an ar mech mod from a friend and it came with the battery and it doesn't look branded so should I get a new battery or is the charger defected. I need help

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Well with what I've read about that charger, if it's green it's charged. If it's red, it's charging. So, I don't think there is a problem with either if the light is green.

The charger has the usual red/green led. It is red while charging and green at all other times when power is connected.
It will flash green or red when usb output is active, depending on power level on the battery.

Source: Test/Review of Charger Efest Xsmart
It's towards the top of the post

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
full

Hi @Bluejay62 and welcome to the forum!

If you have a volt meter, you can check tyhe battery, but it's probably safer to just get a good, well-known battery as a replacement.

For info on batteries Baditude has several excellent blog posts on the subject. His blogs on battery safety are a must read before you venture into the world of sub-ohm vaping.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...ected-icr.html

Reliable sources for batteries:
Batteries-Chargers-Flashlights-Only The Best
Authentic AW Batteries - RTD Vapor
Illumn.com - Flashlights, Batteries, Carry Gear, Intelligent LED Lighting, and More!

Do not buy batteries from eBay or Amazon. Some of their third party sellers sell fakes.

... and finally, here's a link that explains things in pretty simple terms: Vaping Battery Safety & Ohms Law Illustrated and explained in very simple terms

Hope it helps and Happy Vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread