The Best Clearo/Tank System Starter Kit I have Ever Seen ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You made that video?!

Yup. Just finished it last night. Go to YouTube, leave a comment, and "like" it please. I'm needy that way.

I know there are many people who like the Evods.

And ... this ain't no Evod. The E-Max features a sleeker finish than the standard Evod, is regulated to 3.7 volts, has a larger button, has a 3 color battery indicator LED light on the button, and comes with an option of a Mini Pro tank Kit for only $10 bucks more. If anything it is a hybrid of an Evod with a Kego! More vibrant color options and they were custom made to MaxVaper's own specs.

Do you know if they are glued together?

I've read about some glue issues the Evod has had but The E-Max tanks I've been using haven't leaked or gurgled during all the time I've been using them. And I really put 'em through their paces preparing for this video.

I'm debating whether or not to get evod kits or mini protanks w/ a spinner for friends/family. 3.7 regulated means it'll stay on 3.7?

This is The Starter Kit I'm getting for the rest of my friends/family that haven't switched over to vaping yet. Hence the name ... The Best Ecig Starter Kit in the World. And yeah ... regulated to 3.7 volts means that's what you'll get from start to blinky-time-to-recharge.

ElectricalSocket

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Houston
Wow that video is a masterpiece! Love it!! If you would, tell me the channel name, because for some reason youtube search won't find it even with the name in quotation marks (I'm needy too lol). This sounds like a fantastic intro into vaping. Many people might be put off having to spend $60-100 to try out something that might not work (even though WE know it will).

Thank's for the video and sharing your thoughts on this product!

Edit: I bet a 2.5ohm coil would keep it problem-free as far as any potential glue/plastic/rubber grommet issues. Very cool

Last edited:

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hey ElectricalSocket - try this:

Bob Alexander - YouTube

There's where all my videos live.

This sounds like a fantastic intro into vaping. Many people might be put off having to spend $60-100 to try out something ...

I know! It's weird when I'm talking to someone who's shelling out The Big Bucks for a pack or two every day complaining about the start-up vaping costs. I'm a DIY juice guy now and my running cost is pennies a day. A good batt and a good tank is all I need these days.

A couple of days after I received the E-Max kit I knew I wasn't going to be steering people towards the 808/semi-cig-a-like batts any more.

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
Great vid bobalex... love the "Dragnet" vibe. :)

So you personally own this kit and use it? I ask b/c I'm wondering how trouble-free it is. I have a friend who wants to try vaping but she doesn't have time or patience to tinker or fool around (cares for elderly parents who are not well so her plate is past full). She just wants something that works and is a no-brainer. So I recommended the Zeus as it's a 5v auto battery that seems to work flawlessly. And cartos are simple.

My worry with tanks and newbies is that sometimes they gurgle or leak or don't hit right, etc. (well, you know). Of course this is $40 vs $100 for the Zeus, but if she quits because it gives her problems, the savings in money won't help. I realize you can't speak to her, just wondering your thoughts as to your own friends and if this isn't a lot to learn for a new person, even though we take things like changing coils and tinkering with tanks for granted.

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Great vid bobalex... love the "Dragnet" vibe. :)

So you personally own this kit and use it? I ask b/c I'm wondering how trouble-free it is. I have a friend who wants to try vaping but she doesn't have time or patience to tinker or fool around (cares for elderly parents who are not well so her plate is past full). She just wants something that works and is a no-brainer. So I recommended the Zeus as it's a 5v auto battery that seems to work flawlessly. And cartos are simple.

My worry with tanks and newbies is that sometimes they gurgle or leak or don't hit right, etc. (well, you know). Of course this is $40 vs $100 for the Zeus, but if she quits because it gives her problems, the savings in money won't help. I realize you can't speak to her, just wondering your thoughts as to your own friends and if this isn't a lot to learn for a new person, even though we take things like changing coils and tinkering with tanks for granted.

So you personally own this kit and use it?

You bet. I can't review something unless I use it for a good long while as my daily vape.

I'm wondering how trouble-free it is.

Absolutely fiddle-free vaping. No leaking. No gurgling. Zero issues with The E-Max.

I have a friend who wants to try vaping but she doesn't have time or patience to tinker or fool around (cares for elderly parents who are not well so her plate is past full). She just wants something that works and is a no-brainer.

I approach all e-cigs like I've never seen them before. When I first started out 3 1/2 years ago it was with pre-filled cartos and 808 batts. It took a couple of attempts before I felt I "mastered" carto refilling ... counting drops etc. until I got a syringe. Then I pretty much could fill without overfilling though I killed a couple of auto batts along the way. I loved the idea of tanks (Clearos ... whatever) because I could see what I was doing. But ... quality control was hit and miss regardless of the manufacturer. Leaking and gurgling trumps "Ease of Use." Finally some rock solid tanks came on the market and I've been happy with The Vision V3, The Vision MiniNova, The iClear 30 & 16, The Protank and MiniProtank. My current fave is the M1 Tank on a Go-Go Fury VV. Great Flavor without any hassles. The Emax Tanks are bottom coil but not as cool a vape like the Kanger Pro and MiniProtank. They're my favorite among the bottom coil tanks I've used.

So I recommended the Zeus as it's a 5v auto battery that seems to work flawlessly. And cartos are simple.

I've been using The Vapor Zeus since July. It's the only auto bat I've ever tried that performs as well (or better) than a manual. Absolutely no "primer puffs" necessary because it's instantly "there." And at 5 volts ... it's really there.

The only drawbacks I can think of is the cartos are kinda pricey and they're kinda big. I don't mind the size but some people might. I have yet to try to clean one of 'em to see how long I can draw out their lifespan. But I'd certainly recommend them.

My worry with tanks and newbies is that sometimes they gurgle or leak or don't hit right, etc.

Personally I feel tanks for the noob are the simplest, most straight forward way to go. You can see the juice level and won't be surprised with a "Carto-Vape" when the carto needs refilling. But then again ... a perfect auto-vape means you can "smoke" the way you're used to. Ain't no button on a Marlboro. So The Zeus is a great way to go too. If price and running costs are a factor then I think The E-Max is ahead by a nose. Replacing coils on The E-Max is something anyone can learn in one demonstration. And I've yet to change a coil. A quick rinse and dry overnight resuscitates these coils very nicely. But then I'm all Tobacco - 100% PG - All The Time. Your mileage may vary. Eventually one of these days the coil will be too gunked up or it might blow like a Christmas tree light ... but they'll certainly last longer than any carto I've ever used.

... even though we take things like changing coils and tinkering with tanks for granted.

I don't tinker. I don't think anybody should. If it doesn't work right out of the gate it's a fail. I found a fix for the Giantomizers I had somewhere on the Internetz, and they worked just fine but jeez ... what a drag.

So your dilemma is The Zeus vs. The E-Max? I'd go with the E-Max because I'm cheap. But if the vaping budget is there ... The Zeus is a very satisfying way to go. I own and use both so I don't have to make a Lady or the Tiger decision.

Hope all that helps.

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
Thanks bobalex, it helped a lot. She doesn't mind the $100 for the Zeus as it's a replacement for spending much more on cigs, though everyone likes saving money. My biggest concern (and I told her this) is that the Zeus is going to feel real fat in her lips, which she might not like. (She doesn't smoke in public and won't vape in public either, so it isn't how it looks that matters.) But she's used to skinny 100s. I just want her to enjoy it so it really DOES replace smoking. The fact that the E-Max is problem free in your experience pushes me some that way to suggest this to her... I forgot to ask but assume the stock tanks are plastic? (I know the Kanger is glass.)

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
... I forgot to ask but assume the stock tanks are plastic? (I know the Kanger is glass.)

Yes they're plastic. Haven't had an issue with that because the juices I use aren't corrosive like some of the citrus/cinnamon stuff.

I just got off the phone with my sister. I got her into vaping a couple of weeks after I started (I waited until I was completely sure it was working for me). We started with the 808 stuff but while I wandered off into fat batts and tanks she stayed in the 808 universe. She doesn't care to try VV/VW batts, carto tanks, or any of the other toys I've been playing around with. But ... she was intrigued by the E-Max. Then she saw my video ...

She likes how easy it is to fill vs. cartos and how switching out a coil (if/when necessary) is no problemo. I told her the only time I hit a snag was when after I refilled the tank I didn't make sure the coil was also screwed on tight. Sometimes unscrewing the base loosens the coil. I pressed the magic button and ... nuthin. I took off the base, tightened the coil, and it fired right up. I forgot to put that in the video because it only happened once and I forgot about it.

On The Zeus front ... got this email from V4L yesterday:

For every Smileomizer, Vapor Zeus Kit, or Ultimate Dial-A-Volt Kit purchased today, you will receive a FREE Smileomizer mouthpiece! These brand new Smileomizer mouthpieces have a different shape for those who like a smaller mouthpiece!

But ... clicked over to V4L and couldn't find a picture of the smaller Smileomizer mouthpiece. I've emailed V4L for pix of the new mouthpiece because I think The Zeus would be even more popular for people who don't necessarily want/like the Orson Welles Cigar Look. Every time I use The Zeus I feel like muttering "We will sell no wine before its time" or "Rosebud."

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
LOL!! Thanks for the Zeus tip... I knew it was only a matter of time before they came out with a smaller mouthpiece as even that bear-of-a-man P Busardo said it felt big in HIS mouth!! :D This is great news, and nice to know it's "free today" (imo it should come with the kit but at least they have one available now). I will email my friend to let her know, though I always say she's Libra with Turtle rising b/c it takes her forever to get around to doing something... like I sent her the info on the Zeus 4 months ago, then she wrote a few weeks back saying she was ready and "what was it again?" So sent her the info again and the other day she said, "I plan to order that e-cig soon" ... so.... maybe this will be a bee in her bonnet.

As for the life of the carto, what are you getting out of them, if you don't mind me asking? The page says they can be refilled up to 12x before needing to be replaced. I used to boil my Bloog 808 cartos once a week but I certainly refilled ea one of those at least 12 times... and the Zeus cartos are ginormous. :D

The E-Max kit sounds like a great deal for the money but in her case I think I will stick with the Zeus as it's just a more familiar configuration for her, coming from cigs... filter-like part screws on.... no button... hits great every time. 5v batt. And even comes with a passthrough so she can vape while charging if need be (since it only comes with one batt). Then once she gets hooked I think the E-Max is a great intro kit to manual batts and tanks, and $40 down the road won't sound like very much to her to try a new way of vaping.... whereas if she spends $40 now and doesn't like it, then going for the Zeus at another $100 isn't so likely. :D

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
... As for the life of the carto, what are you getting out of them ...

V4L sent me a bunch of Smileomizers since I'm reviewing The Zeus later on this month. I haven't completely exhausted one yet. I've got one on The Zeus, The V4L OMG, and a Dial-A-Volt.

BTW ... The Dial-A-Volt is a nifty batt. Works like The Twist, Spinner, etc., but V4L also makes an auto Dial-A-Volt. Performs as well as The Zeus but you can take it down a notch if your juice's "sweet spot" is less than 5 volts. And ... You Can Clearly Read The Numbers! But I digress ...

I haven't hit the "dozen refills" yet on the devices I'm using but as soon as performance drops appreciably I'll check out the posts here:

cleaning smileomizer

to see if cleaning extends Smileomizer longevity. $32.50/$39.95 seems a bit steep for a 5-pack of cartos. But if they clean up nicely I wouldn't have any problem recommending them. V4L's carto tanks don't work as well on The Zeus as a Smileomizer does. I have problems with carto tanks anyway. Too much fiddling. Every single bottom/top coil tank I've used lately is more fun than a carto tank. And way easier for a noob.

So if/when your friend makes a move ... The Zeus should do the trick. I painlessly/seamlessly quit smoking with an 808 automatic. A Zeus would have been more fun. But ... as we know ... once someone starts vaping ... eventually they want to try everything.

Hey ... V4L just sent me a picture of the new mouthpieces:

Ming Vase Smileomizer Tips307x228.jpg

Neat.

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
Cool tips! I emailed V4L earlier as I could not find any mention of these on the site. And yes, am aware of the DAV but again, keeping it simple for her. (If I was to recommend a VV VW I'd tell her to get a Vamo. Love mine!) But that's a good point about only being able to vape at 5v regardless of juice. Will just have to hope the V4L juice she gets will be a good vape at 5v.

Thanks once again for all the stellar info, on the E-Max too!

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I realize this is more of an "E-Max Thread" than a "Zeus Thread"...but...do you know where you might be reviewing the Zeus?

Hi gerrymi,

As soon as I finish the videos I post them here: Bob Alexander - YouTube

And then I'll post over in the V4L and KR808 forums. The Zeus video should be finished in a week or so. Hopefully.

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
To finish the Zeus info off, the smaller tips are now on the site. They are called Ming Vase tips and come in two sizes. https://vapor4life.com/ecigarette-smileomizer-ming-vase

I didn't mean to crash your E-Max thread, bobalex, but as far as no-brainer starter kits for smokers, imho the Zeus is a good alternative to the E-Max for those who might need/want a more traditional smoking experience to start with, and can afford the Zeus. And since you own a Zeus and could give valuable feedback (and kindly did), the thread now has two great choices for people trying to help their smoking friends switch to e-cigs.

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I know it's bad form to quote yourself but I can't help it. I was there and I remember writing, " … with all these high-quality batteries and tanks available … it would be pretty difficult to make a bad choice in vaping gear."

3 1/2 years ago I was able to easily quit smoking with auto 808 batts and cartos. And for the most part everything I've tried since has just gotten better and better ... with an occasional lateral side trip to stuff that worked as well, but not better, than the stuff I already owned. I've only really come across a couple of devices that were epic fails. Lucky me. But lately ... everything I've been trying has worked amazingly well. Pointing wanna-be-ex-smokers towards a good starter kit isn't so much as asking what easily works ... but "What's The Budget?" As I said in my video (I know ... self referencing again) The Best Ecig in the World Part II, "... all roads lead to HappyLand."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread