Status
Not open for further replies.

Nocturne31

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2014
U.K.
Hi

This is weird, but I've noticed quite a difference between the coil that comes with the Evod 2 vs the coils that I get in a pack of 5... They are originals and not knock offs. I've always noticed that the coil that the Evod 2 comes with always gives me a bigger buzz... For that reason, I order new Evod 2's rather than a pack of 5 coils... Does anyone know why this happens? Again, the pack of 5's are genuine... 1.5 ohm's if that makes a difference. The coil that comes with the individual Evod 2's that I get are also 1.5's

So the pack of 5's don't satisfy me for some reason like the coil that the Evod came with

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

coilburner

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2015
I'm ordering replacement dual coils at 1.5... It's really annoying, I've messaged companies on more than one occasion accusing them of selling fakes because of this lol, but turns out they are genuine. Same liquid, same device and voltage level. They just don't provide the same buzz as the ones that come in the tank
You should avoid accusing company's of bad business ethics unless you have proof.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Spec'd Replacements for OEM product should in theory be the Same construction and come from the same assembly plant supplying the original parts. Minor discrepancies in assembly may exist from unit to unit but not so blatant as to be consistently different.

Are you Thoroughly CLEANING your Evod when switching coil heads?

BUZZ is an expression of Nic hit
If your overall Vape is excessively weakened - okay, a problem.
If your overall vape is close, so should be the nic hit.

Your complaint - as posted - makes little sense.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
It's weird, and has little to do with the nicotine. For example, I only buy 15ml bottles of juice, since any bigger in black cherry would downplay the buzz and throat hit... So I think there is more at play than nic.

I only vape one flavour, so I don't clean the tank before switching coils... Maybe I should try it.
...what?

Sent from my Commadore 64 using Tapatalk

Nocturne31

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2014
U.K.
Your last post makes even less sense, what does the size of the bottle have to do with ' buzz and throat hit' ?
Regardless of the size of the bottle the nic mg will be the same.
12 mg nic in a 15ml is the same % as 12 mg nic in a 30 ml bottle.
I have no clue what you mean by 'buzz'.

Actually, mount baker have confirmed this. Different quantities = slight variation in terms of flavour and throat hit... I have a 30ml bottle that isn't as strong as my freshly made (not even steeped) 15ml.

When I say buzz I mean a head rush... Sorry I should've worded it better, the coils that come with the Evod 2 produce stronger everything for me, maybe it's just me and not anyone else

Bootiewootsy

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2014
Port Orange, Florida, USA
I really don't quite understand why the original would be different. I use evod 2 myself and have used purchased coils and see no difference. I usually make my own coils and they sometimes are better depending on the gauge of wire and wicking material.. Sometimes as the juice gets lower in the tank it darkens and maybe your coil is getting gunky since you don't wash you tank out. The darker your juice becomes the worse it is on the coils and wicking material... Hope you find the answer..

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
They didn't understand your question or you didn't understand their answer.
Different quantities of ingredients (pg/vg, flavorings or nic mg), yes.
Same quantities of ingredients (pg/vg, flavorings & nic mg) in different size/ml bottles, no.
Not unless they use some seriously flawed measuring equipment or mix by drops instead of measure.
I don't get or want a head rush from vaping, to me that would be a sign of way too much nic.
An evod is a very mild/tame/ low power delivery device maybe its time to upgrade if you're looking for something with more kick or consistency.

Reactions: Nocturne31

Nocturne31

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2014
U.K.
They didn't understand your question or you didn't understand their answer.
Different quantities of ingredients (pg/vg, flavorings or nic mg), yes.
Same quantities of ingredients (pg/vg, flavorings & nic mg) in different size/ml bottles, no.
Not unless they use some seriously flawed measuring equipment or mix by drops instead of measure.
I don't get or want a head rush from vaping, to me that would be a sign of way too much nic.
An evod is a very mild/tame/ low power delivery device maybe its time to upgrade if you're looking for something with more kick or consistency.

Thank you for your help... Which tank would you recommend?

Nocturne31

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2014
U.K.
That would depend on what power device you're using and what it is capable of / watt, volt & amp limits.
A 50 ~ 100 watt APV & one of the newer sub ohm clearo's might work for you.
I really can't recommend anything that will give you a buzz or head rush.

MVP 3... I was thinking about the aero tank mega?

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Actually, mount baker have confirmed this. Different quantities = slight variation in terms of flavour and throat hit... I have a 30ml bottle that isn't as strong as my freshly made (not even steeped) 15ml.

When I say buzz I mean a head rush... Sorry I should've worded it better, the coils that come with the Evod 2 produce stronger everything for me, maybe it's just me and not anyone else

You are misunderstanding the Blending process. the larger the quantity or the more complex the blend, the longer it takes to fully reach peak.
Ive been doing my own DIY for almost 2 yrs. and can confirm a 120ml bottle of (X) will take longer to reach, but match flavor of a 15ml batch.

*Note:
Buzz, to me, is a ringing of the ears.
Why is this so important to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread