The eGo One. Amazing, yet awful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdvapes

May 15, 2015
So I purchased the eGo One after hearing amazing reviews of the device. I use an Aspire Atlantis on an MVP 3 but needed something more portable for work/going out. I was more than impressed with the eGo One using the .5 ohm coil, and equally so with the 1 ohm coil. The battery life is great, the flavour is perfect and the vapor production is unexpected. However, within 2 hours of using the .5ohm coil, the vapor began to taste burnt, more than on any other wick I have burnt. So until I could get hold of another I used the 1 ohm coil. 24 hours that one lasted. joyetech said they would send me replacements free of charge, but while waiting for this I went to my local shop and bought another .5 coil. 1 HOUR LATER, it's frazzled. Wether I'm just being unlucky or the device is faulty I don't know, but I am incredibly disappointed. It's not through a lack of priming or using the wrong liquid, I'm an experienced vaper and had fully primed the wicks for 20minutes minimum and was using a 50/50 juice. This device had great potential, but it will be going in the bin for now (except the battery, which even does a great job on my Atlantis)

Rourke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
Brooklyn, CT
I had heard that their coils were not great. I am glad I only bought the battery. When I 1st got it it wasn't making a good connection with the Nano. It would not fire when tightened all the way down. But thankfully it seems to have fixed itself. It is definitely my favorite travel gear.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Just a mechanical with a fuse and some lights

I wouldn't even call it a mech;
it's a 1100mah 510thread fixed battery.

its basically an 18350 with a 510 thread and a button; it doesn't even have adjustable centerpin.

and it's not like the price is great for what you get either.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I wouldn't even call it a mech;
it's a 1100mah 510thread fixed battery.

its basically an 18350 with a 510 thread and a button; it doesn't even have adjustable centerpin.

and it's not like the price is great for what you get either.
While I personally agree, for the person not interested in learning everything needed for subohming its better then just pickin up a mech and going erp .0002 ohms on this 12 amp battery it that ok? derp.

I would prefer that person has this in his hand while sitting next to me going "looky I can subohm too!!"

Rourke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
Brooklyn, CT
I always get these small mods planning on them only being my travel gear. But they continue to be my all time favorite gear. Don't get me wrong I still enjoy my Reo and MVP 3 but more and more I seem to be grabbing my ego one w/ subtank nano or my Istick w/ Nautilus mini even at home. I don't know about it being revolutionary but for form factor, comfort in hand and power it is tough to beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread