RDA The Kennedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan Vazquez

May 2, 2015
the bottom airflow on those is just too sketchy for me, would be terrible leak on hybrid mech mods
I felt the exact same way until I gave it a try! But I have had no problem with leaking at all. It also holds a lot of cotton!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 561
the bottom airflow on those is just too sketchy for me, would be terrible leak on hybrid mech mods
I have the comp version with the dragon cap. I bought it in February and cannot put it down. Get great flavor with dense clouds. Usually have dual horizontal coils 5/6 wrap around a 1/8 inch bit. Vertical coils work great but have to run quads for easy wicking plus i am able to drip through the top blindly. I love it so,much i just ordered another with the demon cap about 20 minutes ago.

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
I picked up a centered version on consignment at a local vape shop for $60.00 and find it to be a VERY good atty. Flavor is up with anything I have used. Holds a ton of juice with no leaking and is ultra simple to build on.

Only thing in the first few hours is condensation might be a problem on the top of the mod due to the airflow design.

Other than that a VERY GOOD ATTY. Might end up getting the new slammed cap that came out over the last week.

Juan Vazquez

May 2, 2015
I picked up a centered version on consignment at a local vape shop for $60.00 and find it to be a VERY good atty. Flavor is up with anything I have used. Holds a ton of juice with no leaking and is ultra simple to build on.

Only thing in the first few hours is condensation might be a problem on the top of the mod due to the airflow design.

Other than that a VERY GOOD ATTY. Might end up getting the new slammed cap that came out over the last week.
Yeah the gremlin cap looks nice! I just ordered my demon cap and I'm hoping to get it soon! I'm super excited.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
I have no issues with leaking on mine. I like super wide coils for flavor so they completely cover the airflow, but hands down my favorite atty. time to rewick but that's usually what I run, some variation of a dual 14 wrap

Goodness gracious! What do you run that craziness on?! lol

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
The Kennedy has quickly become my go-to for flavor AND vapor production, really fantastic atty and I LOVE that I don't have to be mindful of how the cap goes on since it has no holes in it. As of now I've got two of the original left offset version and two comps as well as a demon cap(two top holes) and dragon cap(larger tip). The comp version + the demon cap is one of the airiest draws I have ever experienced and you can legitimately breathe in and out unrestricted through it, I can see the benefit for competitions but for me the competition deck with the dragon cap is about as far as I dare take it.

I was initially skeptical about leaking from the bottom airflow design but if built properly and wicked properly it is no more prone to leaking than any other conventional RDA, the bottom airflow I believe improves flavor and helps to keep coils from gunking up in my experiences as it allows the air to flow all the way around the coil and not just hit the font and top side.

Lord Vaako

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2012
CT
That looks like a cool design, but also a massive PITA to rebuild. I can't tell you how many RDA's I've bought to try and never ended up using long term. I'll stick with my Derringer. It already hits so hard that I end up gasping for air if I take back to back hits. I also just noticed someone say that it's an airy vape...not my thing at all.

Last edited:

Thedudeabides870

Account closed on request
May 17, 2015
That looks like a cool design, but also a massive PITA to rebuild. I can't tell you how many RDA's I've bought to try and never ended up using long term. I'll stick with my Derringer. It already hits so hard that I end up gasping for air if I take back to back hits. I also just noticed someone say that it's an airy vape...not my thing at all.
It's not a difficult build, it definitely looks so at first, but you are correct on the airy vape, it definitely is, but that's one of the positives for me

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
Well, very airy is just the right amount of air if you have a low-resistance build in there with multiple coils. Its a very warm, dense vape with that airflow. Any less would not be enough. And any RDA with strictly bottom airflow has a different kind of pull to it too. Its a different feeling pulling the air from the bottom than it is from the side or top... the air just feels different. It sounds different too... kind of a deep suction noise.

Reactions: Froth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread