Status
Not open for further replies.

youtubecommercial

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2009
Florida
Here is my Review of The Magnum from Nhaler.
I am very pleased with the proformance of this ecig!
I didn't add in the video that the kit does come with a charger
And wouldn't you know I got tons of vapor after the video
Be nice this is my first video review ... LOL
Enjoy the Video Review :)

Two Special batteries, Two Special 510 Atomizers, 5 Marlboro Cartridges, One USB Charger...This unit simulates 5 Volt vaping by adjusting the Voltage, Mah, and Ohms, to give you 9 to 10 Watt vaping...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9vEUcVOPgM

Last edited:

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
It looks like you've owned a couple:rolleyes: different mods. How would you compare the Magnum to any of them, e.g., the unsimulated 5V Prodigy and Detonator?

The device looks like what I teasingly call the DaBoomMod;): atty (in my case the 801) + adapter + XL Kr8 battery. Is that an XL Kr8 battery?

Thanks, youtubecommercial!

youtubecommercial

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2009
Florida
Hi DonDaBoom :)
I will say the Magnum really shocked me, it is the only e-cig/mod I have ever used that was just like smoking tobacco cigs but it is a souped up 510 atty and a 808 XL battery 350mah I think .. Drew says (Special atty and Special battery) so not sure were they improved upon .. you would need to ask Drew that, it is however a very satisfying e-cig.

jayhawk

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2009
Kansas
I am confused, is this a normal xl kr batt with a low ohms atty?..... and why cant you just use the smaller 808 to 510 adapter .....that looks like the cartomizer adapter for a 901 .....i say all this because i was about to order and i thought i could save some money and just order the atty when drew has them available . I do what don boom boom does xl 808 batt to 510 atty and it seems to work better than regular 510 batt with 510 atty...... Plus i hate 5 second cutoffs .

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
I am confused, is this a normal xl kr batt with a low ohms atty?..... and why cant you just use the smaller 808 to 510 adapter .....that looks like the cartomizer adapter for a 901 .....i say all this because i was about to order and i thought i could save some money and just order the atty when drew has them available . I do what don boom boom does xl 808 batt to 510 atty and it seems to work better than regular 510 batt with 510 atty...... Plus i hate 5 second cutoffs .
"don boom boom":D I've been called many things here, but that's a first!

dinnerandamurder

Mar 4, 2010
I have heard a lot about the KR808XL with 501 atty. So what exactly do we need to buy to get this set up? Do you use refillable carts? If so which ones will fit this set up? I am showing my noobiness, but I am what I am :D

I have been using Greensmoke and really disappointed with it. The batteries seem to have a lot of issues and the carts are pretty tasteless.

This time I am doing much more research. Help here would be appreciated. Also do you prefer the auto or manual batteries?

Thanks!

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
I have heard a lot about the KR808XL with 501 atty. So what exactly do we need to buy to get this set up? Do you use refillable carts? If so which ones will fit this set up? I am showing my noobiness, but I am what I am :D

I have been using Greensmoke and really disappointed with it. The batteries seem to have a lot of issues and the carts are pretty tasteless.

This time I am doing much more research. Help here would be appreciated. Also do you prefer the auto or manual batteries?

Thanks!
I would start with either the Joye 510 or the Kr8 and see if you like it. They are the two models I recommend to new users. They're very different, but they each have their virtues.

If you like the cartomizer concept of the Green Smoke, but just don't like its performance, go with the Kr8. It is the simplest type of e-cig and, these days, there is a wide selection of flavors (especially from Vapor4Life and NHaler).

Otherwise, go with the Joye 510: it is a great vapor churner with an outstanding manual battery (that prominent button works ... every time). If you have $80 you don't know what to do with, you could go right to the eGO (aka Tornado), which is a Joye 510 atty on a special 650 mAh battery. [mAh = milliamp hours; the higher the mAh, the more puffs per battery charge.]

Later on you could combine them if you like (using an adapter) ... or attach their atty to a mod ... or get the eGO/Tornado.

Auto vs. manual depends on the model. I've already praised the 510's. However, I am unimpressed with the manual versions of the penstyle (e.g., DSE801), DSE901, and Kr8. The more recessed button is not that reliable. The Kr8 automatic battery (280 mAh) is excellent: yields twice as many puffs per charge than the 150 mAh 510 (and the 380 mAh XL Kr8 battery 2 1/2 times as much).

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
IMO what makes these rock is the 1.5 ohm atty. I've used one on several 3.7v mods and a 510 XL manual battery and all I can say is wow!

This not really "simulated" 5v vaping. What counts is not the voltage but the watts (heat) provided to the atty. These produce approx. the same wattage at 3.7v as most attys will at 5-6v. So the same rules apply as with HV vaping - keep the atty extra wet and take shorter hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread