The Perfect Ego-T Wick. Perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.

fender0942

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
New jersey
I will share with you my method of replacing an ego-t wick. It is similar to cj's method. In fact I would have not come up with the idea if not for him. Anyway here it is.

I take an old ego-t atomizer and press out the inside. I take the circular wire mesh and un-roll it. Save the wire mesh. The amount you get is enough to make a ton of wicks. Second and most important thing is the wick. I have tried the mccmaster or whatever the heck it is that cj recommends and I hate it. It falls apart when you torch it. And it frays like hell. Instead I buy a pack of replacement materials used to rebuild the Ato-miser from NHaler • Smoking Alternatives. Shipped it's only $11.00. The wick that it comes with is similar to what's in the ce2's but doesn't require burning it. And it doesn't have that nasty taste of the above mentioned wick that cj recommends. Lastly I use the wire mesh that I salvaged from my used ego-t atomizer and cut a piece about 1/2 inch long. Then I cut that piece in half longways. I roll the wick up in that. Be careful when rolling it up to only overlap a little bit otherwise you won't get the wick into the needleplate. The wire mesh works WAY better than the PTB. If you look inside the needle plate carefully you will see little channels that are there. By using the PTB you clog them up. The wire mesh is rigid once installed allowing better wicking down to the coil. Trust me. This method is almost identical, I just tweaked it. I took a little from cj, and a little from joye, and mixed them together to create the PERFECT EGO-T WICK.

Desdenova

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2011
Ortonville, Mi.
If you have the A type atomizer, you may have to tilt the plate to get it in first, if so, then line it up best you can with tweasers, and make sure its level and not started at an angle. Then use a deep well socket, or something with a pocket on it for clearance of the needle. and it should press in fairly easy. If you find yourself trying to force it in, stop, and try re-alinging it. Vicky from Cignot has a video on youtube showing disassembly, cleaning and putting it back together. Search "How i clean my ego-t atty.
I like my Ego T, and no issues as of yet with it other than removing the plate on the atomizers and adjusting the wicks for proper juice flow. But i can already tell that the atty will way outlast the wicks. Even my reg atty hits like a champ after moving the wick as far as i could down.:vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread