Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanger Banger

Apr 22, 2015
USA
In a recent Simpsons episode that aired a few weeks ago 5/3/2015:

Bart tries vaping and buys them from the quickie mart:
2015-05-23%2008.52.35%20pm.jpg~original

Apu: "Remember, this is not kid stuff. Now would you like Bubblegum Flavor, Strawberry Shortcake or Watermelon Dream?"

Maggie also vapes:
2015-05-23%2008.56.16%20pm.jpg~original

Bart: "It's still legal in this state! The bill's stuck in committee!"
2015-05-23%2008.48.47%20pm.jpg~original

"It's an e-cigarette. Care to vape?"

2015-05-23%2008.50.26%20pm.jpg~original

"Now, vape up."
2015-05-23%2008.54.41%20pm.jpg~original

Marge: Bart's smoking! e-Cigarettes!

Homer: (shrugs) Aw, those are totally legal. (gets excited) Tell me, does he like bubble-gum or strawberry!?!

caferacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2015
Los Angeles
So, it doesn't feed into the negative connotations about vaping? I'm shocked all the responses here are making excuses and siding with the anti-vaping propaganda.

There's a difference between social satire and propaganda.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
So, it doesn't feed into the negative connotations about vaping? I'm shocked all the responses here are making excuses and siding with the anti-vaping propaganda.
Out of all the talks I've had with non vaping friends and family, not once has a cartoon come into the conversation seriously. Maybe it makes a tiny difference in the public perception, but I feel that anyone that takes the Simpsons as fact probably wouldn't be on my side anyway.

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
I've been watching The Simpsons since they debuted on Tracy Ulman. Believe me, if it's popular they are going to cover it. I don't think it's a stand one way or another. Nothing infuriates me more than vapeing propaganda, IMO this just isn't that. Besides, I seriously doubt anyone is going to be influenced one way or another by Homer o_O

caferacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2015
Los Angeles
^^If anything, most people are likely to do the opposite of whatever Homer does. :lol:

I used to work at Fox and I covered the Simpsons for a couple of seasons. I'm still friends with several of the writers, producers and animators of the show and I can assure you that quite a few of them vape.

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
^^If anything, most people are likely to do the opposite of whatever Homer does. :lol:

I used to work at Fox and I covered the Simpsons for a couple of seasons. I'm still friends with several of the writers, producers and animators of the show and I can assure you that quite a few of them vape.

We really need to talk! I'm a huge fan :hubba:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread