Threading Stripped...Solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

julesb

Feb 16, 2013
Dallas, Texas
I have three Joyetech batteries. I have had them all different amounts of time (not too long). And I have 3 Protank 2s. Within a week of each other, all three tanks just started getting loose. Now, none of them will screw in at all. I have to literally hold my tank onto my battery while I smoke. It is quite ridiculous. There has to be a way to fix this. Some sort of glue, or coating I can put on them? I am a bit broke at the moment and can't afford to buy any new equipment.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Perhaps the cheapest, easiest "temporary" repair method (as opposed to a more permanent conductive epoxy thread repair kit) would be to obtain some conductive copper adhesive tape... which you'd apply a very narrow strip of to your atomizer 510 male thread.

It might be even cheaper and easier - for now - to simply buy a few eGo type clearomizers so you can use the outer threads of your batteries.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
It depends on where the problem lies.

If the threads are stripped on the base of the tanks themselves then you need to buy replacement bases for the tanks. Dropping accidents and overtightened tanks can and does strip PT threads.

Some cheap eGo batteries have equally cheap threads. If the problem is with the 510 threads on the batteries your best solution would be to get some of these. => EGO to EGO 510 Atomizer Adapter : L Js E-Smokes, Electronic Cigarettes

julesb

Feb 16, 2013
Dallas, Texas
It depends on where the problem lies.

If the threads are stripped on the base of the tanks themselves then you need to buy replacement bases for the tanks. Dropping accidents and overtightened tanks can and does strip PT threads.

Some cheap eGo batteries have equally cheap threads. If the problem is with the 510 threads on the batteries your best solution would be to get some of these. => EGO to EGO 510 Atomizer Adapter : L Js E-Smokes, Electronic Cigarettes

I found a lot of different 510 adapters...but I am not sure what size I need. What size are the outer coils on a Joyetech?
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10003955/1284600-510-to-ego-adapter-convertor-for-e-cigarette

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA

eyerhere

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2013
Warren Mi
Does your battery fall off the charger also? If not then it is probably your tanks threads that are shot. If it is wobbley on the charger than it is your batterys threads that are shot. If you know another vaper you could play switcyroony with diagnosing your poblem will be easyer. If not goto a vape shop and ask them to take a look. The 510 to 510 adapter will work if your battery thread is shot you will just need to use some copper tape as mentioned above just make sure it does not come in contact with the positve pin ( the round tab at the bottom).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread