throat problems. NOT new to vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tl220

May 27, 2015
Hi guys. I need some help. Lately i have been getting a sore throat and a sour taste in the throat anytime i swallow.(w. Or w.o a drink)
So heres the facts:
-I have been vaping for 6-7 months but problem just started recently.
-I run a kbox with an atlantis or a kangertech nano. BOTH give me throat issues.
-i only vape within the recommended wattage for each coil. Both recommend 15-30 im usually @20w
-i use 6mg nic. And no changes to nic level in past 4 months
-i only use quality, good name brand juices with 50/50 mixture and i have tried switching juices and switching companies.
-I have recently replaced coils. It actually started when i bought new coils for both clearos, and yes i dripped some on the new occ and did some inhales without firing.
Im wondering if i dripped TOO much juice onto the fresh coil?
Im wondering if the cause is dehydration/too much coffee not enough water (altho i do replenish electrolytes)
Not sure if it relates, but i was recently in jail for a week for a minor thing and everything in my possession (kbox and both tanks) sat in a possibly dirty pouch until i got out. After i vaped when i got out is when it first started to affect my throat. Sitting unused for a week my hits tasted extremely dry. So i replaced the coils that day. It helped with the dry hits but didnt help my throat. Sorry for writing a novel here but im trying to cover all the possibilities. I dont drink, dont use drugs, dont smoke cigs so not sure whats affecting my throat.

Somebody please help me out because im starting to not enjoy vaping anymore : 0
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

tl220

May 27, 2015
I use 50/50 juices. Yes it happens with all juices. Honestly i never thought of allergies. But when everybody around me complains of allergies or pollen i notice no changes with myself. Allergies very rarely bother me. Maybe once a year or so. But i might have to Reevaluate the allergy angle because its very similair symptoms. If i caught a cold would the throat be more sensitive to vaping? Might be a silly question but i dont know if sore throat is a part of the common cold or something more like a flu. I have a new atlantis coming in the mail so i can narrow it down better.

Shellylamb

May 29, 2015
Have you seen your doctor? It could be tonsils stones. It could be something in your gut. Allergies can indeed come and go at will, I'm living proof of that with something different. I find that I have very thick phlegm and find it hard to clear my throat. I did smoke for 30 years and switched to vapeing 2 years ago. Iv had C.O.P.D. For years and asthma. My dr is very happy with my lung performance so it's all good:angel:

Reactions: VeselinYah

d4gger

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2014
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
See a doctor please.

Your problem is likely related to close, unsanitized, etc quarters. A few shots or w/e the doctor recommends may have you back to normal. If you question the treatment of your mod/tank, run a quick ethanol (everclear) rinse through the tank and let it dry before putting in a fresh coil head.

tl220

May 27, 2015
I had stopped using that tank for awhile. But started using it again after i had talked to a friend. I explained to him the situation and how it was a brand new coil and new refill on juice. And he said it could be a bunk coil/ defect. He said its happened to him and the vape store person said kanger mass produces the coils and 99% of them work right. Considering we both go to the same vape store im guessing that was the issue. But their is some gray area because i did have allergies and it ironically happened after the coil sat unused for a week. If it happens again i will clean out the whole clearo and let dry. Im hoping it doesnt because i just filled it with a delicious coffee and bannana creme mix. (First coffee flavor i found thats not nasty tasting! )
Thankyou for all your helpful suggestions. You all seem very nice, i might have to stick around in this forum.

SaudiVaper

Unresolved Status
Jun 1, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
I am going to take a more medical approach...You mentioned the sour taste, this often is the result of a blocked saliva gland or infected gland(s). When brushing your teeth also try to lightly brush the entire inner walls of the cheek(s). The use of mouth rinse can if used too much also cause a dry mouth.

In regards to dehydration, this in many ways is way over stated. To determine if dehydration is present the easiest and most common sign is bright to dark yellow urine. Another way to determine is to press on the skin and see if the indentation "springs back", if you see an indent and it remains as such, you MAY be dehydrated.

"Cotton mouth" is often mistaken as dehydration but usually not the case but if so, at that point you will know you are dehydrated.

Drinking any liquid will re-hydrate and coffee is no exception, the only difference between water and other liquids are the other components in the liquid which are either filtered through the kidneys or absorbed in the digestive tract. Trust me, if you drink a pot of coffee you are going to pee most out!:D It is accurate that water is the best liquid but not the only liquid, in fact we can drink our own urine if we boil it to remove bacteria, sorry not a nice thing to picture but it is a fact.

Last thing I want mention is the stint in jail. Many illnesses are possible in such an environment, it could be you picked up a bug. Strep throat is generally more common in children but adults are not immune and based on the time frame, this is a direction I would look....usual time frame is 4 to 7 days after exposure, but this is subjective to ones immune system.

Look inside the throat with a light and look for white colored patches in and around the tonsils accompanied with and bright red color in the rear portion of the throat (near the "punching bag") .

Edit: I also want to add that you should feel under the jawbone in front of the ears for soreness. This would indicate the Lymph nodes are swollen and you are fighting an infection. Strep is viral and only time will solve this....in most cases.

Best of luck and hope my thoughts help!

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: VeselinYah

tl220

May 27, 2015
I am going to take a more medical approach...You mentioned the sour taste,........Best of luck and hope my thoughts help!

Yes actually they did. I learned several things from your post alone. Excellent tips. Whatever it is/was im feeling much better now and i hadnt taken any advil excedrin or claritin in 2 days. From now on when I brush my tongue i will start brushing the inside lf my cheeks as well.

Reactions: Panorama911
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread