Where Can I Get A......? Time to quit, but where to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usagi

Apr 25, 2010
Henderson, NV
While at the mall I was walking by and I see these e-cigarette stands/kiosk and I was JUST introduced to them. So I've done my research and found this place. The thing I don't get is why are they so expensive. I really want one as I think it will contribute to quitting, but I don't want to pay $100 for one, that's just ridiculous. Then I come here and they're way cheaper.

First off, why does it cost so much there but not here? Are they the same quality/product? Or am I getting like generic/poor quality?

Secondly, Does anyone know of a place that is cheap and RELIABLE? I see tons of websites, but I don't know whether they're reliable/safe or not. Buying online is always a gamble...

Thanks in advance! ;)

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Mall kiosks are just plain rip-offs. It's been talked about on this forum for over a year. The suppliers listed on this forum are for the most part very safe and reliable. If they weren't, it would be well documented on this forum.

I would suggest you start out with a manual 510 PV (personal vaporizer). They are one of the best of the smaller devices. Then if you like it, consider moving up to one of the better battery devices reveiwed on this site:

e-Cig Battery Tube Mods | eCigarette-Mods.com

And as far as the cost, compared to cigarettes, PV's are way less expensive. It costs me 50 cents a day. And compared to the cost of lung cancer....well I think you get the picture.

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
i would start with a "disposable" (read the description on the website cos they're not really disposables. the guy that makes them are going to discontinue it cos they last "forever"). get 2 kits so you'll have 2 batteries and 2 atomizers.
Manual 510 DISPOSABLE E-CIG KIT with Blue LED it doesn't say it that it comes with a charger but if it doesn't madvapes carry them.
510 USB Charger, No cable
the most difficult part is the liquid but you gonna need it. try to find one you like and stick to it cos it can get addictive and you'll end up with 300 different flavors (too many choices). welcome to ecig world!

edit- check madvapes subforum so you have an idea of how great they are!!! http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/madvapes/

Last edited:

schaedj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2009
The 'Burgh
Automatics are more like smoking (visibly) and in action. Howeve, Manuals give you more control and eliminate the issues with dripping / overfilling which tend to gum up the automatics. See if you can find a kit that lets you have one of each (don't know if that's possible), or buy a manual battery as an add on to the automatic kit.
Using a manual is awkward / odd for the first five minutes, then feels completely natural after that.
As you continue to vape, you will definitely become less and less concerned about the smoking "look" and more and more concerned about the vaping experience, so although I still recommend starting with a automatic mini, DON'T overinvest. Six months from now, if you follow the "Normal" pattern, you won't be using either the manual or automatic mini unit at all, as you will have selected a higher end battery mod with the performance features you are interested in, rather than the look of an analog.
Good luck...

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now

Stephra

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2010
Pennsylvania
While at the mall I was walking by and I see these e-cigarette stands/kiosk and I was JUST introduced to them. So I've done my research and found this place. The thing I don't get is why are they so expensive.

Mall location means overhead. They have to pay rent on the kiosk, and mall rents are not cheap, therefore, they need to make a higher profit from each sale.

Secondly, Does anyone know of a place that is cheap and RELIABLE? I see tons of websites, but I don't know whether they're reliable/safe or not. Buying online is always a gamble...

Thanks in advance! ;)

My vendor is in my sig. EXCELLENT product, easy to use, great customer service. Many other vendors out there and every one has its fans. My advice is to choose a model that fits YOUR needs. Heck, you'll probably experiment with lots of stuff once you dip your toe in.

If you're unsure, ask for opinions here - no matter what model or vendor you choose, SOMEBODY here has experience with them and can speak from experience!

Stephra

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2010
Pennsylvania
lol, well I think I understand now. Thank you everyone for the advice. I was thinkin' with going with the Automatic since it'd be much more natural than actually smoking, is this a mistake?

I'd recommend trying both. I like both my autos and manuals, for different things. Some juice will taste different depending on the battery, sometimes you wanna go low-key, sometimes you want more precise control, it's better to cover both bases and see how your preference evolves.

Usagi

Apr 25, 2010
Henderson, NV
I went ahead and purchased a KR808 off of RRvaporz. It was only about $50 after getting 5 flavours as well and shipping of course. I e-mailed them about the cartomizers and they said they'll get them in. The thing that really got me is they're based in Vegas, which is close to me, so hopefully I'll get it quickly. I'll let everyone know how it goes and see if I actually get it our not and whatever. :/

Usagi

Apr 25, 2010
Henderson, NV
I'm not sure if anyone was following this thread, but I apologize for taking so long to respond, it's finals week in school . . . and more importantly I've been LOVING my e-cig. It's pretty awesome, although I do still find myself going to my cigs once in a while, I am trying to switch out the urge from analog cigs to e-cigs. I believe I received in Monday, although I can't exactly remember. But it did come sealed and my flavours were French Toast, Brownie, Peanut Butter and they sent me a test flavour which was pumpkin pie, for free. Those were all my favourite flavours and I'm pretty satisfied with the turn out. Hope this helps anyone who is debating getting an e-cig. :)

Ceryni

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2010
Indiana
Hey I'm looking to get a KR808 myself (seems like a better option than the 901 and 510 for my personal enjoyment) and was looking for sites to get it from. Though it is cheaper, I don't want a white battery, so I think I'll look else-ware for everything when I get one in a week or two. Hope you have fun with it.

Last edited:

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Automatics are not sealed. If you decide to drip or you are prone to flooding your atty (as I was), liquid can get in the battery and kill it. I started with an automatic and it was fine, just be aware of how much liquid you have in it.

The more popular brands are more adaptable than the mall varieties. Most battery mods come in 808/901, 801 and 510 variations. Inexpensive adapters are available that will let you use different battery/atomizer combinations. If you like the battery life of an 808 but don't like the cartomizers, you can use a 901 atomizer on that battery. If you are devoted to your 510 but are sick of constantly refilling or dripping, you can now get cartomizers for the 510.

I'd have no problems with the mall kiosks if they were just charging extra for the convenience. They pay for the location and you get to stop in and grab what you need when you need it. The problem is that they tend to be over priced and under quality. There are so many posts from new people who say "I bought a Brand XYZ at the mall and I hate it. I was ready to give up on e-cigarettes until I found this place. After reading all the posts here, bought a 510 or KR808 or 801 or .... and I love it."

If you did buy an XYZ, don't throw it away. There's nothing wrong with having a back-up (even a fairly crummy one) in case of emergency.

ETA: Ceryni, KR808s in black are very easy to find and, of course, the cartomizers are available in every color you could possibly want. Starter kits are in the $35-$50 range, depending on what accessories you want (PCC, different chargers, etc.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread