Tobacco flavors, why have you wronged me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scribes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
MN
I have vaped so many flavors, and so very few that i like. Many are daily for a couple weeks, then i cant stand them.

Just recently i ordered
Kentucky Premium Blend and Classic Blend from Vermillion River. Didnt like either one of them.

Also

Casablanca, Baco, and virginia tobacco or something along those lines from BWB, done like any of those either.

I want a cigarette mimicing juice or a flavor that isnt sweet, isnt sour, isnt spicy, just bland, cigarette flavor, hard to explain i guess.

I have so many bottles of juice that has had a few drops taken out of it then never touched. Spending $60 every 3-4 days looking for that perfect juice is really starting to get depressing.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a Cigarette tasting or bland tasting juice. Tobacco apparently was the wrong thing to try, as they all seem to taste like pipes.

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
Try ECBlend E-Liquids - Something Better they have a huge variety of both tobacco and non tobacco flavors in addition to a flavor wizard that will let you create your own custom juice blend.
Use code 10020 for 20% off of your order - 5ml starts at 2.50 before the discount code, so you can try a huge variety without spending $60 every few days to find the perfect juice.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
This is probably the hardest thing for some people. I just got really lucky and liked the first juice I tried. Don't know how I managed that one.

I'm not much help with tobacco e-liquid because I don't vape it. I do fill cartos for someone that does and have tasted a lot of them. To me, and taste is really subjective, BWB Virginia is a pretty basic tobacco flavor. I don't vape tobacco and I could probably vape that, it's pretty subtle. Have you tried any of the fruit flavors? I mixed peach with the virginia and it was pretty good.

Your tastes go through a bunch of crazy changes when you first start. Some juice you hate you may eventually like, especially when you have lost your taste for cigs. Are you still smoking? You could try a fruit and a sweeter e-liquid and see if you might like them. You just never know! I found I don't care for sweet juice but like mint or fruit flavors.

You could check the PIF section and trade some juice. Or even post in classifieds and sell or trade the ones you don't like.

kazz63758

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2011
Southeast Missouri
I went through a similar (expensive) period trying to find a good tobacco flavor that I liked. Unfortunately, there just isn't any way of predicting how YOU will like the flavor until you try it. It will happen though.

My non-sweet, cigarette replacement flavor wound up being Prime Vaping's Natural Tobacco. It is an extracted tobacco flavor that satisfied my taste. I've since branched out in my likes/dislikes but this one is still a favorite:

http://www.primevaping.com/tobacco-...ypage_images.tpl&product_id=78&category_id=28

I also find their Natural Virginia to be very enjoyable. Good Luck with your search!

LucentShadow

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
Michigan, USA
I have yet to find a tobacco flavor that I like other than RY4, but I've only bought a few premixed juices. I find that most of them have too much flavoring, plus I have to be picky about what's in them, so I mix my own.

That brings me to my point, though. You may want to try mixing some of the juices that you have with an unflavored nic-juice to weaken the flavor, or just vape the unflavored for a while to give your taste buds a break when nothing tastes good. I was surprised at how both of those things worked for me.

thatguyjeff

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2009
St. Paul MN, USA
I'm sort of in the same boat. Though I'm not necessarily looking for a tobacco flavor, just anything that hits my right spot - so to speak.

Not two minutes ago I just tried Dekang's RY4 - 24mg. It's... different. I don't think I have a very sensitive palate as I don't taste a lot of flavor undertones some people talk about. That said, it's unlike anything else I've tried. Not exactly tobacco... there's some sweetness, just a touch. And something else that I can't put my finger on.

Haven't decided if I like it yet or not.

Also got a cherry tobacco from Top Vapor. I'm not getting any tobacco flavors at all. And the cherry flavor is a bit medicine-y. But for whatever reason I kind of like it.

You're in MN - have you tried that store in Anoka? I guess you can try their flavors before you buy. Also - haven't ordered anything from Vermillion River yet, but they're in Apple Valley/Lakeville. I emailed asking if I could pick up in person and they said I could.

Forkeh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
California
Yes, in my experience, most tobacco flavors are pretty sweet, and not at all like the taste/aroma of an actual tobacco. However I'm definitely a fan of these flavors, it's just nothing like a cig. I've actually found that menthol tobacco flavors are a lot less sweet for some reason. If you can stomach menthol, give it a try. I really like the Newport flavor from Smokeforpennys. It is VERY mentholy (like a Newport), but other than a slight sweetness on the tongue on inhale (there's nothing you can do about that, it's the nature of PG and VG....they are sweet liquids), it's not a sweet vape and it makes my mouth feel a bit fuzzy, just like Newports always did. Here's the kicker too, I was never really much of a menthol cigarette girl. I always liked my Reds. Strong, full flavored cigs. But menthol eliquids, I really like for some reason.

You might try venturing away from tobacco flavors too. I get that sweetness is odd when you're expecting tobacco, but when you vape fruit flavors, it seems normal. So give it a try if you haven't already. You might not think you want it, like I did, but as I found out, you'd do well to save your reservations until after you tasted. If you're like me, with not much of a sweet tooth, lightly sweet, tart fruit flavors you may enjoy. Like Kiwi or apple, from the right vendor of course. I like Volcano for Kiwi and again, Smokeforpennys for apple.

Other flavors that don't tend to be sweet, teas and espresso coffees. Now coffees are not a mild vape by any stretch of the imagination, but they aren't very sweet either. If you like black coffee, you'll probably like espressos. Just keep searching, and you will find your all day vape eventually. However like I said, you are going to have to compromise on sweetness a bit, because the base liquids for ejuice are sweet, and there's not a lot you can do about that. Menthols hide this fairly well, so do really strong flavors.

Forkeh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
California
Oh, one other thing I forgot to mention, don't buy full sized bottles when you're just looking for a vape you like. Instead, but a bunch of really small bottles, like 3-5ml. Then once you find a vape you like, order big. This will save you a lot of money in the long run. And if you'd like to do something with your juices that you don't like, there's a whole section of ECF dedicated to trades.

hmlessalky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
Imperial, MO
I was shocked when I tried Good Prophets 'Tobacco' juice. It tasted like tobacco without any added flavors added to me. First juice I had that was like that. It was a strong flavor, but not really bitter or sweet. On a side note, I tried Apollo's cappuccino today, and it tasted like a dirty ashtray to me.

Kevin J

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Look no further. Try Vaporstation.com. Their tobacco flavors, 4 of them are excellent. My fav is Tennessee but I also order 1 bottle of Frisco with each order. Try the Tennessee the price is $14 for 30ml. They are a little slower getting it out but not bad at all. Vapenstein turned me onto them and he was right. Go to his site and check it out.

I have vaped so many flavors, and so very few that i like. Many are daily for a couple weeks, then i cant stand them.

Just recently i ordered
Kentucky Premium Blend and Classic Blend from Vermillion River. Didnt like either one of them.

Also

Casablanca, Baco, and virginia tobacco or something along those lines from BWB, done like any of those either.

I want a cigarette mimicing juice or a flavor that isnt sweet, isnt sour, isnt spicy, just bland, cigarette flavor, hard to explain i guess.

I have so many bottles of juice that has had a few drops taken out of it then never touched. Spending $60 every 3-4 days looking for that perfect juice is really starting to get depressing.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a Cigarette tasting or bland tasting juice. Tobacco apparently was the wrong thing to try, as they all seem to taste like pipes.

jplanet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
NJ
Look no further. Try Vaporstation.com. Their tobacco flavors, 4 of them are excellent. My fav is Tennessee but I also order 1 bottle of Frisco with each order. Try the Tennessee the price is $14 for 30ml. They are a little slower getting it out but not bad at all. Vapenstein turned me onto them and he was right. Go to his site and check it out.

Thank God someone said Vapor Station - I was reading through this whole thread baffled why nobody mentioned them in response to the original post! They are also one of the only juices that I like out of Dr. V's recommendations, so that just goes to show that they work for people even with different tastes.

I would suggest, however, given the original poster's description of something very cigarette-like, that Tampa and Texas are closer to the mark than Tennesse, which is more mellow and sweet in comparison. (Though I personally love Tennessee quite a bit, it just doesn't remind me of an analog the way Tampa and Texas do.)

Last edited:

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Have you tried Perque Black? It has that ashy smokey flavor to me, infact I now don't like it as well as before because it reminds me of a cigarette too much.
One tobacco I really like is Halo's Captain Jack, to me it has that tobacco sweetness smell of opening a new pack of analogs smell, really tobacco-y taste & smell. Is not smoky or ash tasting tho. Maybe mix Perque Black with Captain Jack ??? bnrk

TamJeff

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2012
United States
I have to agree with the menthol. I didn't smoke menthol cigs either, but, I had bummed many from friends when I ran out and it wasn't about the taste there either. So far, menthol to me has been the closest to a tobacco cigarette experience and you can use it to crash other flavors you don't like. SO that's what it's been. Like bumming a menthol when you run out of your brand. The next best thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread