Tobeco DNA 30 problem - "Check Atomizer"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathbox Mnemic

Jul 29, 2013
Canada
Hey all,

Just got my Tobeco DNA 30 in the mail, figured it would be cool to have a tube DNA 30 to go along with my Cloupor DNA 30 box mod (which is amazing by the way).

Anyways, just opened it, popped on a Nautilus with a 1.6 ohm BVC coil and...."Check Atomizer'. Put the tank on my box mod, fired no problem:?:

I should mentioned that I also put a new 18650 that came in the mail today, I didn't charge it yet, just wanted to take a few test puffs off my new toy first (I'm impatient :p). Can a near dead battery be the culprit? batteries are currently charging, I guess we'll see? I've tested brand new batteries without charging first on other devices without issues.

ProjektMayhem

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2014
Mooresville, NC, USA
Your atty might not be making contact with the 510 pin. That's usually the culprit for that message. If it has an adjustable pin unscrew it a little bit and try it again. If it's a spring loaded using a flat head screw driver or something to pull the pin up a little bit. Other than that you could have a short in the mod somewhere. So try adjusting the pin and see if that works.

Foggyroomz

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Indiana
Tobeco was the first thing that scared me I have had numerous clones come into my buddy's shop with issues so I'm not a fan of them and I see issues with the consistency of their quality control even between consecutive serial numbered atty's so I wish you luck with it. My suggestion is if it is a dud mod buy a KSD Vamo V7 40 watt 18650 tube mod they rock we got a demo from KSD directly and I have played around at the shop using different builds and atty's on it a.5 ohm dual coil in a doge blows monster clouds. Even the E-Holly 30 watt is a solid performer and they aren't that expensive just stay away from fast tech they sell vamo but 3 of the guys that work with me got v6 mods from them and they were copycat mods not authentic KSD vamo's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread