TopVapor USA (MadVapes): Not even once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peace Pig

Feb 22, 2011
USA
Oh, my goodness. Where to even start?

So I recently looked up who offered the most e-liquid for the price and found that madvapes had a pretty darn good deal compared to what I have paid in the past. So I ordered some of their TopVapor stuff. I got: Ultamint, Minthol, and Green Apple.

• Ultamint:
    • This flavor seemed to be MadVapes equivalent of a standard "mint." Mint is my favorite flavor, and I was completely out of my MyFreedomSmokes mint, so I ordered decided to order 50 ml of MadVapes' Ultamint for $14. Pretty good deal, I thought. Wrong. I've never had a bad experience with plain mint juice with any other company ever so I assumed I'd be safe with a large amount, but I really should have gone with less. Complete waste of money. The flavor tastes completely artificial. It doesn't even taste like mint! It just tastes "clean," by which I mean a hospital room. The taste can be best described as chemicals you would use to sterilize your bathroom floor. Not sweet, not minty, not even refreshing. I decided to give it a chance and vape a couple attyfuls, but, my god, it seriously made me nauseous. I'm going to have to throw out all 50 ml.
  • Minthol:
    • This flavor tastes almost exactly like Ultamint. People reviewing on the site said they tasted different, but really the only notable difference is that this hits the mouth a little cooler. Maybe Minthol is their Ultamint with some menthol crystals thrown in. If you like a cool, artificial almost-peppermint-but-not-really chemical flavor, this might be for you. Otherwise, if you enjoy something that doesn't taste like bad candy from the dollar store, avoid this.
  • Green apple:
    • Compared to the other two, this tastes like heaven. But compared to licking the sidewalk, this tastes terrible. Seriously, I've had some good apple stuff in my day, stuff that tastes like real apple juice. However, I went into this knowing this was more of an apple candy flavor, so I expected a green jolly rancher. Nope. Tastes like a cheap knock-off. Now, I'm not the best judge of candy-like flavors, as they aren't my favorite, but trust me, if you like green-apple candy, avoid this stuff. It tastes nothing like it. In fact, it tastes like cheap artificial flavoring, i.e. like chemicals.

In short, avoid this garbage. Either a) they use really cheap materials and have never tasted their competition's juice or b) I got a bad batch. Now, I'm hoping for MadVapes' sake it's the latter, but I'm going to have to assume it's the former because this stuff was honestly really bad. I'll never be willing to buy from them again.

TL;DR: Avoid this brand of juice. It all tastes like cheap chemicals.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
I love Madvapes for their wide range of products and very competitive pricing on most items, especially their VV boxes and modder's hardware.

Top Vapor pre-mix liquid, however, is garbage as far as I'm concerned. Top Vapor should throw out all their flavorings, fire their flavor chemist, and start over from scratch.

Trips1103

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
North Carolina
Because of their large variety of products and general satisfaction with the company, I decided to try their flavors as well.

Out of a variety a 6 flavors in their sample pack there wasn't one I liked. Either the taste was completely off, they tasted like perfume, or they tasted like chemicals.

This good company should take a second look at it's juice line.

LeAnn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2010
Urbana, Illinois, United States
Has anyone thought of letting these juices steep? I have vaped flavors from Madvapes and they are actually OK. Maybe not the best juice I ever tried but I like their Kona Cream and their Carmel Apple is pretty tasty, I think you have to let them stee for awhile cause they don't take real great right out of the mailbox.:blush:

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Has anyone thought of letting these juices steep? I think you have to let them steep for awhile cause they don't taste real great right out of the mailbox.:blush:

LeAnn,

Yes, I'm well aware that some "fresh" juices need time for the ingredients to meld and let the flavors blossom. That is not the issue here. I have 17 bottles of Top Vapor that have been steeping for a year. The two that were OK when new (Kick-Azz Caramel and Nutty Caramel) are still OK. The other 15 that were lousy when new, have been lousy every time I tried them afterwards, are still lousy today, and will be lousy forever.

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
What were you expecting ;-)

I mean... yeah... it's fairly low grade, industrial juice...

If you're looking for the best super cheap juice... I like bluemist or nitelite...

If you want something similar dekang... but with a more superior taste... try iVape, liquidxpress or vaporstation... not as cheap though...

Madvapes is a great company... but the juice has always tended to appeal to more of a price conscious consumer who wasn't expecting or desiring amazing flavor... I tried it once or twice... I liked the fried apple... but I wasn't a fan of the others I tried...

MikeA5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Methuen, MA
I've tried a few TopVapor eliquids. They do have a chemical taste when fresh and need steeping, for me about 6 months. Their caramel tobacco is not bad after a long period of steeping. Most people though do not want to steep the liquids for such a long period of time. MadVapes is a good company IMHO. I've purchased a lot of hardware from them, probably more than any other company. Their prices are very hard to beat.

Trips1103

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
North Carolina
My expectations weren't much. I did expect that at least one of my six samples to be palatable, and they weren't.

I've allowed a few of the juices to steep for several weeks, yet it didn't help much.

This company I believe is more focused on hardware. Considering that their other products are very good, I will assume that juices aren't a strong focus for them at this time. Perhaps they'll revisit this source of income in the future. If so, I'll give them another try.

Loveridden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
Schaumburg, IL
I have a few favs in the top vapor line, and at the price, I sure am not losing much $$ trying them!!

When I try a new flavor, instead of buying 50 mls, I will try a few new 5 mls of the top vapor line at a time. Then I am only losing a couple bucks if I don't like them, actually, I just trade them out if I don't like them and may not even be losing anything!

Ultamint is actually one of my favs. It's a strong crisp cool mint. Never tried minthol, I have koolada and decided that ultamint did not need any further cooling. I'm not tasting chemicals....lol

I was also gonna say, hey they are 50 mls, let them steep!! But you say you steeped them over a year. I wonder if they have started to degrade then at that point? Maybe these juices don't last that long.

Well, taste is subjective. A lot of people do like the top vapor line, so please don't lose it!!! lol

the86d

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2009
So. California, USA
I actually had an issue with my second order from them. I contacted them asking if they had a bad batch, and they sent me replacements. I do not know if it was because I was a newer customer or not (2nd order from them), but they replaced the entire order. They reshipped the ENTIRE order! That is what I call customer service! You can't get THAT kind of customer service from V4L, EVER!

In my experience steeping is a myth, and any flavor change is dependent on what you ate, drank, and what flavor you feel like from one day to the next.

I was hooked on Ultramint from my 1st order, GREAT TH without the high nic content.

If they could keep stock (they are very busy with orders) I would not have to go anywhere else, ever.

The bad batch of Ultramint I referenced above was pretty overpowering, but they replaced it with good stuff!

ogredog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2011
fontana,Cali
+1 with bill....good hardware, repulsive juice.

Hated them on my first order. Got rid or %90 of them. Ran low on juice kick azz caramel saved me but its hardly "good"

After that I thought id try again. Bought 4 more flavors with a passthrough. Crap juice, but they threw in a sample of caramel popcorn which was descent but I wouldn't buy it.

So out of about 12-14 flavors I tried. 2 were vapable 1 descent. Never buying juice there again NEVER. Soapy. Chemical taste. Bleccch

P.S. THE FLAVORS I BOUGHT WERE BASED ON WEBSITE REVIEWS way back then. lol don't ever go by those!

Last edited:

TigerLadyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
Garland, TX
I have purchased a few of the Madvapes juices. Most of them I have passed on to my mother-in-law, and my brother because I just did not care much for them. Grape, I liked and kept.

My brother loves the banana flavored juice. He is very nostalgic and to him, that juice tastes like our Grandma's home made banana pudding. Grandma passed away 12 years ago, so its been some time since she tasted her pudding... but it touched me and made me happy for him that he gets to relive the memory of Grandma's famous banana pudding thru that juice.

~Tiger

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
I've come to loathe anything that isn't small-shop made. Dekang anything tastes atrocious to me. I'm really grateful that we have good mom 'n pop outfits producing such an excellent range of juices!

aubergine,

My sentiments lean strongly in that direction, too. While find a rare and occasional mass-produced juice that I like (always something from my stash that was purchased in the beginning of my vaping journey a year-and-a-half ago, since I no longer buy any mass-produced juices), almost everything I vape now comes from smaller, custom artisan juice-makers. I don't know, custom-made juices are just so much better and more pleasing to my palate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread