Trouble with Mods Recognizing Rebuildables

Status
Not open for further replies.

TanukiXL

Aug 31, 2013
Sacramento, CA, USA
I've recently gotten into rebuildable attys. Specifically I have been working with the Fogger v2, AGA T3, and now the Russian 91%. The mods I currently have are: eVic, Itaste SVD, Vamo v5, and a Smoktech Galilleo mech. I have been able to get the Fogger to work on all with relative ease but the other two attys have trouble being recognized consistently on the eVic and Vamo. They work just fine on the SVD and mech but are often not detected by the others. When I switch back to the SVD it will read and fire no problem. I think this is because it's contact pin is spring loaded. Of the lot, the Vamo seems to be the pickiest. The only solution I've been able to find is to get a small screw driver and work the connection pin on the mods up a bit to get contact and then things are fine--until I remove the atty. Here are my questions:

1. Is there anything I can do to improve the functioning of these mods with rebuildables? Can I purchase a spring loaded contact pin and replace the existing ones?

2. What VV/VW mods do you recommend for future purchase that have spring loaded contacts?

3. Any other suggestions?

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
Hello TanukiXL,

I can tell you that I have three AGA-T2's, and the Plus Center Pin can move in and out (or up and down, depending on how you look at it), even though it may seem to be locked in place with the nuts at the deck.

The original Plus Post insulators weren't of good quality (top and bottom are the same piece). They were too squishy. I was able to find much better at Kidney Puncher.
AGA Series Positive Post Insulators - 10 pack - Kidney Puncher
(This is my first reply here, so I don't know if I can post the Vendor name and/or Link)

The AGA-T2 Plus Pin could sometimes still press inside the 510 too far, depending on how the 510 is cut. So I snipped a piece of a tiny Pony Tail Hair rubber band - Goody 45644 or 15560 at Walmart in the women's section - and wrapped it all the way around the 510 Plus Post Insulator before slipping the post all the way in to the 510. This kept the Plus Post sticking out some, so it made good contact with the Battery's 510 (+).

Since the AGA-T2's Plus Pin can slide In and Out (Up and Down), then if it gets misadjusted on any that I haven't done these tricks to, I can push it back down from the Deck end (with the Tank unscrewed from the Battery some), so it touches the Battery's (+) again when I screw the Tank back down. If you try this, it may save you from adjusting your Mod's Plus Pin. I'd stop doing that if I could.

So if you inspect your AGA-T3, you should find that you can to push the Plus Pin down, without adjusting the Mod's Plus Pin, and also find ways to make the Plus Post stay in more of a permanent position, like I have, with better Insulators and the Rubber Band trick. These things may help you see something similar (or different) that works for your Russian 91%, too. I don't have a Russian 91%, so I cannot say. But I don't think the problem is your Mods. It's just that your SVD has a spring loaded Plus Pin that sticks out farther.

Good Luck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread